Phantis Forums

PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 2009

athinaios

PAO- CSKA 73-71

Great first half, horrible 3rd period, OK fourth! But, PAO wins its 5th European championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup:

The rest is history! :P

Even when others spend millions on 'would be' superstars, Pao always has a way of outperforming the 'best' teams in europe...

Guess thats what makes us the best european basketball team in the world...

Although this year we will probably give the title to OLY in the greek championship we rpoved once again wehy we are the best

they played well. Down the stretch, they were the victimes of some poor calls made by the refs. Have any of you ever seen an 8 second violation? I replayed it and DD only had the ball for six seconds.

In basketball you can peak too early and PAO almost did that, but over the past two years they were a much better team than CSKA. It made my weekend.

A

Even when others spend millions on 'would be' superstars, Pao always has a way of outperforming the 'best' teams in europe...

Although this year we will probably give the title to OLY in the greek championship we rpoved once again wehy we are the best

Yeah right,your players come for free my boy???and they call me crazy... :P

Congrats on Pao for winning the title and for the great performance on both games.Pao has a created a great dynasty in Europe and Greece in Basketball and there is no deniying that.Congrats on Obradovic,players and Giannakopoulos brothers for a job well done.

As for your last comment Nikovazela,you are giving us the title in Greece as a present????? :unsure:

PAO has big players and signings too...... they dont come too cheap either. We have star players like Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Jaskevicius, Pekovic, Batiste...

This year we signed Pekovic (major prospect) last year Jaskevicius, and we have the Best Coach in Europe, possibly the world. Year before that we had Siskauskas, CSKA's star player..... Though, next year I expect big signings, we still needs some upgrades.

CSKA have a great team, they have money too (theyre russians of course) and they have been building a very good team with Messina as coach, and many familiar stars like Holden, Langdon Kryapa etc.....very good team.

Also this year in the Euroleague:

PAO was not seeded in the group stages :LOL: because of new regulations that base them on the previous years performance. Its a bit stupid but.....PAO acheived all the way through.

I hope we dont give the title to OSFP. They have the advantage and theyre good at home, but if we can snatch one win in SEF we can do it.

I also think that success breeds success. It's easier to attract big players to Greece because the two big clubs do very well in Europe, and the league is competitive. In basketball, many players do seriously consider Greece as a good option. Not so in football.

Money isn't the only important variant. Others spend, even more so. Here in the US the Yankees have spent tons of money, more than any other team, but haven't won any title in the last decade. The Mets (#2 spenders) haven't won since 1996.

Zelko has been a coach for MANY years. The Gianakopouloi don't mess with him, and apparently there is an internal culture of a true champion. Something to be learned at the football PAO....

Congrats to PAO for a great run in the euroleague this year. That makes 2 titles and 1 to come soon. I think it will be a great final in the Greek playoffs as long as both teams make the final. And I predict Pao will win over Oly in 4 or 5 games. It should be very close but we have there number and in the end we know how to win those games. So far this season we are 3-1 against oly. Anyways way to go guys and everyone involved with the Basketball team. PAO 2009 All the way to the triple crown. :tup: :tup: :tup: :gr: :gr: :gr: :rolleyes:

Archived