Phantis Forums

What is your favorite league?

BlueStriker

I would like to know if anyone disagrees that the English Premier League is the the best football league in the world.

For me, the best league is a combination of talent and entertainment. The English Premier League has both. If you disagree, then you are blind and perhaps a complete idiot.

the english league is by far the strongest, the proof is this when was the last time an english side got knocked out of the champions league by a non english side ?? 3 english teams in the last 4 in europe AGAIN and if all the english teams avoided each other in the quarter finals you would have probably had 4 english teams in the last 4. liverpool who can't win the league in england havn't done so for 20 years destroyed real madrid with ease.

i just hope barcelona can break the english dominance this season but i doubt it.

I reckon the Spanish league is stronger. Outside of the top four, some of our clubs are a bit of a joke. Look at West Brom!

mate i watch alot of spanish football and teams like numancia getafe recreativo are very poor teams and they have much less spending power than english teams near the bottom.

Even when teams in the lower half of the EPL play each other, they are exciting games to watch. So many times I've seen games like Blackburn vs. Wigan (last weekend) and have truly appreciated their style of play. Fast pace, box to box, highly organized, intelligent play, etc. And these are suppose to be the teams that no one outside of Britain really cares about. Watch the top teams play each other like Liverpool vs. Arsenal (I missed their last match up :( ) scoring 4-4 and ######se ta. Chelsea vs. Liverpool in the quarters of the Champions League, how is that not one of the most exciting games you've ever seen? This is the epitome of entertaining football!

I'd have to say Spanish League is pretty high up in second place. The Italian League can have it's moments, but I really don't enjoy it nearly as much as the EPL, even when top teams are playing each other. I know they have many of the top players in the world, but it doesn't flow like the English game. Perhaps it's just a preference, but I want to watch games that have a constant flow, lots of attacking and keep me in the edge of my seat for the full 90. I guess no one can say for sure which is the best league because a lot of it has to do with what your preferred style of play is.

Btw, I apologize for the tone of my first post, it was a rough night. :whistle:

now and in the very recent years, I agree EPL is the top league.

This also has to do with other things...Italian League has suffered, and Spain still has a strong league, but post Benitez Valencia struggled, then also Real collapsed after Del Bosque (stupidest release of a manager ever).

Among lower teams, the Spanish teams I beleive are better. Recreativo Huelva could beat most of the lowly EPL teams, Getafe and Recreativo are having bad seasons, but last year they were quite good teams, Recreativo especially were awesome, I remember they beat the living hell out of Madrid in Bernabeau and played a beautiful game and had some very impressive players.

When Real, Valencia "wake up" from their Euro mediocrity lately, well see better Spanish league and then itll be a more interesting question. Same with Italian league...Inter are Inter, but Juve and Milan have sunk too.

As for middle teams, I beleive outside of the top 4, there is a huge gap in quality. Everton I saw with Arsenal in the FA cup.....just rubbish. Definitley if they went up against Spain and Italys #5 and 6 (which would be Atletico and Roma at the moment) they would get beaten quite squarely......same goes with most teams beyond the top 4 in england.

the gap between the top 2 in spain and the rest of the spanish teams is huge this is because the rest of the spanish league lacks quality, real madrid in second are 21pts :o ahead of third place seville(thats sums up the rest of the spanish teams) since losing 2-0 to barca in january real have won every league game they've played barring a draw vs atletico this is because they are up against weak teams like getafe numancia recreativo betis gijon etc and when they played liverpool they were anhialated. we talk about the gap between the top 4 in england and the rest of the english league being vast but if you accept the top 4 english teams are the best and you see the gap between 2nd and 3rd in spain is 21pts which is greater than 4th-5th in england (currently 10pts) you realise the rest of the field in england is closer to the top english teams, and the rest of the field in spain are miles behind real and barca.

a few years ago la liga was the best league sadly its no longer the case, as for italy thats really gone downhill matches between midtable sides in serie a are played at a snails pace infront of small crowds and lack any pace or intensity.

i watch la liga constantly i love watching barcelona they've never failed to score at home this season until last night when they were up against chelsea, i accept chelsea were very physical even dirty and the referee was very leniant but barca couldn't break chelsea down they don't experience opposition like this in la liga

the gap between the top 2 in spain and the rest of the spanish teams is huge this is because the rest of the spanish league lacks quality, real madrid in second are 21pts :o ahead of third place seville(thats sums up the rest of the spanish teams) since losing 2-0 to barca in january real have won every league game they've played barring a draw vs atletico this is because they are up against weak teams like getafe numancia recreativo betis gijon etc and when they played liverpool they were anhialated. we talk about the gap between the top 4 in england and the rest of the english league being vast but if you accept the top 4 english teams are the best and you see the gap between 2nd and 3rd in spain is 21pts which is greater than 4th-5th in england (currently 10pts) you realise the rest of the field in england is closer to the top english teams, and the rest of the field in spain are miles behind real and barca.

a few years ago la liga was the best league sadly its no longer the case, as for italy thats really gone downhill matches between midtable sides in serie a are played at a snails pace infront of small crowds and lack any pace or intensity.

i watch la liga constantly i love watching barcelona they've never failed to score at home this season until last night when they were up against chelsea, i accept chelsea were very physical even dirty and the referee was very leniant but barca couldn't break chelsea down they don't experience opposition like this in la liga

Although i agree that the Prem is the best league, Barca are def as good as anyone in the Prem. Chelsea defended excellently but they showed no ambition whatsoever. If that was Greece the world would have criticised them for being "anti-football". In the 2nd leg Chelsea will be forced to come out and play and that's when I think they'll be exposed.

Barca are def as good as anyone in the Prem. Chelsea defended excellently but they showed no ambition whatsoever. If that was Greece the world would have criticised them for being "anti-football". In the 2nd leg Chelsea will be forced to come out and play and that's when I think they'll be exposed.

chelsea kicked lumps out of barca and the referee allowed them to do so, henry was denied a penalty and ballack should have been sent off, its the same ref for the second leg so i give barca no chance at the bridge, unfortunatly referee's sometimes decide the outcome of matches. chelsea realised they were going unpunished for fouling so they continued to do so, now barca will be without puyol and marquez for the second leg and have to play away at real madrid tomorrow so its definatly advantage chelsea. looks like another man u - chelsea final :angry:

you're right greece would have been criticised for playing that way

Archived