Phantis Forums

Thrasyvoulos- PAO

athinaios

Another yawner? Thrasyvoulos is already relegated to Div. 2. PAO has a new line-up, which I like to be honest.

Our only remaining target this season is 2nd place for the playoffs.... Basically we're fighting for 1 point advantage before the playoffs begin. With a win here we'll surpass PAOK.

Anyway, I think we'll take this game by 2 or more goals.

PS. Perhaps one of the few games whereas Greek players will be the majority on the starting lineup.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some importance in winning this game.

As the table stands today PAO, AEK, and PAOK would enter the playoffs with 2 points and Larissa with 0. If we win today, we will enter the playoffs with 3 points and have a tiny cushion in the race for second place.

The lineup: Galinovic, Nilsson, Vintra, Sariegi, Spyropoulos, Mattos, Simao, Ninis, X'poulos, Salpi, Petropoulos.

Bench: Tzorvas, Goumas, Wawrzyniak, David, Melissis, Cleyton, Roukavina

25' the game looks horrendous. We are in a 4-2-3-1 and we control the game even though Thrasyvoulos found a little space to get near our box. We seem a little sluggish marking in midfield, and a bit slow passing around. We need to score a couple more before half time to get this over with.

Ten Cate just yelled at Mattos to pass the ball quickly and not delay the game.

Yeah, that was never a freekick. Anyway, David looks pretty cool out there. And Gilberto was born 7/10/1976. So, he will be 33 in October 2009. I don't know why everybody says he's 33 when he's 32 years and 4 months old! But no doubt Mattos must stay - you don't find players like him evaryday.

I consider Matos a long-term player for PAO. Please,don't quit on this kid. Sorry to see him hurt. This hasn't been his season. If Katsouranis is convinced by Kara to come to PAO it'll be interesting.

Ninis goal was super! Bad ref decision.

As for the first, I don't think it should've been a red.... I'm not in favor of red cards when penalty is given...

Anyway, last season AEK had 2-3 points advantage, but Panatha took the second CL spot easily.

Titus: true. Gilberto was born July 10, 1976. My excel spreadsheet calculates dates based on the year I guess, so it gives him as 33 y.o. now. I need to find out who to fix this formula. If anyone knows how to calculate exact age in excel send me a message.

I don't know why we would target Katsourani. Leontiou is going to be back hopefully and probably Tziolis. We would be looking at Gilberto, Simao, Mattos, Tziolis, Leontiou, Melissis. I can see that Simao will fetch a nice contract from abroad this summer though...

I don't know what Tsiartas is talking about half the time. He brings forth a disdain for Panathinaikos, even though he is good at hiding it, to the point of sounding ignorant.

Second half under way.

Archived