Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

Agree with you Drako. It hit me during the game at Serres. We create chances we miss goals, and desperate to score a goal, who do we bring in at the end? Petropoulos. Nice kid but he doesn't exactly give me much hope for a late score. I'll be in favor of an older, experienced striker (like Lyberopoulos) who can play high quality ball and give us a good chance to score playing 20-30 minutes.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we chasing David Navaro a defender who plays from Mallorca on loan from Valencia. If he sucks he can always play guitar.. wasnt he the guitarist for the Red hot Chillipeppers?

He's the guitarist of Janes Addiction; he was with the Chili Peppers for a little while in the 90's. He'd be a great for our defense.

Agree with you Drako. It hit me during the game at Serres. We create chances we miss goals, and desperate to score a goal, who do we bring in at the end? Petropoulos. Nice kid but he doesn't exactly give me much hope for a late score. I'll be in favor of an older, experienced striker (like Lyberopoulos) who can play high quality ball and give us a good chance to score playing 20-30 minutes.

Liberopoulos will not be coming back to be a backup for any team in greece...nor should someone of his character/calibre do so. He will want to be starter, and if he isnt, hes old enough to open his mouth and complain to the media about more game time...perfect for team harmony right????

i dont mean backup as strictly sit the bench, but not always be the number 1.

Lybes got that role now in Eintracht. He COULD start for us too, he IS definitly good enough. But in the long run, he will be more of an alternative.

Id rather have Lybe than some "prospect' who will just somehow struggle to settle etc same story every single year. Its time to go with what we know works for a change.....

To me, I know for a fact Lybe, Seitaridis, and Gkekas, Kyrgiakos will make this team fantastic in greece and abroad. I want them ALL back, they all fit the gaps weve been missing.......since they LEFT . They really are perfect fits for what the team needs right now. Kyrgiakos not as much as the others, but we need a CB and chances are well get somebody whos not as good.

Weve missed Giourkas since Giourkas. Weve not been able to replace Gkekas, who was grossly underrated and in the 1.5 seasons all he did was just score all types of goals...He even tied a league record for consecutive scoring run. Lybe is a leader and a great player. We always need a player like that. At 34, Im pretty sure hed be willing to consider returning to PAO.

The names are falling like rain :P

http://assets.exedrasports.gr/files/!n...421/090421c.jpg

Logizamond or something like that. Apparently Argentina's second scorer:

I am already dreaming of Pizarro as starter, cisse on the bench (come in around 65'), and Lewandowski as third striker.... or is it Carew, Pogrebnyak, Ruiz. No, no, I think it's going to be Iaquinta, Pavlyuchenko, and Nilmar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As if the club management did not seem retarted enough:

Its from Derby Sports headling of course who knows how much truth is in it, but when your PAE.....you never know with stupid transfer decisions.

- PAO is chasing Boca's Pablo Mouche, and could be making a 6 million euro offer on him

"Prasino h Mpoka" leei h protoselida - anyways we dont know how true it is (to be fair)

So I look up Pablo Mouche

Hes 21 on Boca Juniors

Hes played 24 games in his professional league career the last 2 years with 2 goals and 400 minutes played.

Transfermarkt estimates his value as 900.000 Euro.

And PAO could be not only interested in putting the player on the roster, but putting 6 million down for him :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What a JOKE. To even waste time with such a player is ridiculous. Let alone money.

We need a STARTING forward, and were going after kids that have shown one promising game in their entire career, adding up that theyre from Boca and assuming that makes them good.

To sign an a novice for millions when we need desperately proven goalscoring talent to partner with Salpi and Mantzios, shows how stupid they are and how stupid they can get.

Its one thing for a massive club like Man U to make these kind of signigns. They routinely spend millions on players that get sent on loan etc. PAO still has to build a core squad before this. And theyre already bullshitting around.

Its from Derby Sports headling of course who knows how much truth is in it, but when your PAE.....you never know with stupid transfer decisions.

- PAO is chasing Boca's Pablo Mouche, and could be making a 6 million euro offer on him

"Prasino h Mpoka" leei h protoselida - anyways we dont know how true it is (to be fair)

Hes 21 on Boca Juniors

Hes played 24 games in his professional league career the last 2 years with 2 goals and 400 minutes played.

And PAO could be not only interested in putting the player on the roster, but putting 6 million down for him :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What a JOKE. To even waste time with such a player is ridiculous. Let alone money.

We need a STARTING forward, and were going after kids that have shown one promising game in their entire career, adding up that theyre from Boca and assuming that makes them good.

To sign an a novice for millions when we need desperately proven goalscoring talent to partner with Salpi and Mantzios, shows how stupid they are and how stupid they can get.

Its one thing for a massive club like Man U to make these kind of signigns. They routinely spend millions on players that get sent on loan etc. PAO still has to build a core squad before this. And theyre already bullshitting around.

agreed

Kind of agree, except from the little I've seen on

he doesn't strike me as a striker. :P He looks more like a winger or an LAM in a 4-2-3-1 or an SS in a 4-4-2 to me. This also seems to confirm.

Now, if we overpay, I don't really care much. I just want to see PAO going into the market able to sign the players they want, and not just look for bargains and leftovers all the time.

Hes 21 on Boca Juniors

What a JOKE. To even waste time with such a player is ridiculous.  Let alone money.

agreed
disagreed

care to elaborate?

Do you agree PAO should be shelling millions out for a striker who is not established, never played in europe, and doesnt play or score? I say weve got enough youth products on the benches. Its time for the real deal, somebody serious.

Before we can go on spending millions on young prospects who are basically wild cards (its not just money, its comes at the cost of filling that team spot with another player too which nobody accounts), we need a stable, estbalished playing squad.

Apparently hes a right AM, of what i read now. Other sources said he was a striker.

-Contra.gr

only reason i disagree, is that i like mouche.

however we do need an experienced gun....(but not liberopoulos as discussed earlier)

6 million for mouche is a figure the paper just plucked out of their ass to sell, i wouldnt take much notice of it.

so youve heard of him/seen him? do you beleive he is good enough to play (as a regular) and make an impact on PAO?

I'd never heard of him before, and looking him up he seemed like.....a nothing. And when I combine that with past references of PAE PAO, the outcome is most of the time predictable...

Anyways, if/when things step up with Mouche, do let us know a bit more about the guy if youve seen him, I find it strange were chasing yet another young player.

ive seen him play and have heard nothing but good things about him..he seems like he will develop into a very talented player..but i dont think he is the goaltzi we are looking for...

thats the point, we have plenty of players who can develop. We need a prolific goal scorer

David Trezeguet is linked with PAO! Even wickipedia has added the interest on his page :blink:

At 31 and coming off an injury he could be attainable even though he won't be cheap. Not sure what shape he is in lately but if he is healthy he would be an instant upgrade for our offense.

It's interesting that he and Estoyanof are represented by the same agent. Pame paketo :LOL:

And for the dreaming:

oh come on man are we down to this? its wikipedia man......as bad a source as you can get for transfer rumours...(unless in its article its references an outside source itself, but it has no citation whatsoever)

theres nothing in english or italian news linking the players greek news i wont bother...

ok looked it up again and it was Sportdog who cited obscure czech site efotbal.cz as the source of the rumour.

Looking around, theres no realistic chance in hell of Trezeguet. According to SkySports, Milan are interested in him, and possible Lyon, Barca so thats not happening.

Yes, I saw it on sportdog and that's why I posted. I usually look at wickipedia for general info (age, position, brief history etc.) for this, wikipedia is not a bad resource. I was amazed that even though the story was reproduced in two marginal sports pages, it was included so quickly on the wickipedia page (hence my emoticon). The editor must be a pao fan.

The Angeleri story is getting to be a soap opera with his agent saying they are only talking with PAO and as soon he gets an offer, he will imediately share it with the president of Lazzio :rolleyes: It seems obvious that he is playing the PAO card to get more money from Lazzio.

Probably the most revealing quote about his intentions was "

the angeleri signing will not happen..unless pao are too offer significantly more economically then the other clubs interested then mb, but i feel our offer will not be anything more spectacular then either lazio or portos...cyber is right...the argentines like to play this game..he probably has his club in mind but is 'fishing' around to get the team of his choice to up their offer...it happends all the time, the argentines are masters of this game :D

the saga will prob continue to the end of next week...i will be pessimistic because the truth is these types of signings we cannot pull off, history has proven that to be correct...hope im wrong, but prob not!

Not a new roumor but the name of Jose Sand was mentioned again alongside two young defenders from Paserraikos: Anakoglou (LB, 17 yo) and Papazoglou (CB, 20 yo)

Jose Sand does not look flashy but he does send the ball to the net quite a bit:

Another name that was mentioned earlier is re-circulated: Milan Jovanovic

Interestingly, today a couple different media mentioned that we are looking for a goalkeeper. Gazetta in the above link mentions that we are looking at Maarten Stekelenburg .

Galinovic had a good year, and Tzorvas has some upside, but I can't argue with improving the vital GK position. Besides you guys know my philosophy: Great GK + great CF and we are 50% set. Then add Great CB + Great AM, and the rest can be from the local kafeneio :P But if this transfer happens I will fall off my chair.

BTW here is Stekelenburg in action:

Archived