Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos 2-1 Panionios

ukchris

Hi Chris, how you doing buddy?

I'm wondering what your take is on Panionios this season compared to last season.

Personally I've been very disappointed to see the UEFA Cup chasing Greek teams (with the exception of PAOK) weaken significantly, and of course that includes Panionios.

Estoyanoff is a very good player, as are Makos and Maniatis. But I'm not too keen on the rest. Nicolaou for instance is very good technically but he's inconsistent and can disappear for large parts of the game which is unacceptable for a centre midfielder. Kumordzi is inconsistent too... then there are players that simply aren't good enough, like Delura! He needs to be shipped out asap. I'm sorry to say that since Linen left Panionios has weakened.

Larissa have also weakened since Donis left. They have no imagination whatsoever now and they simply can't create chances. Aris is yet another example of a team that's weakened since losing a manager (Bajevic). These teams need stability but obviously this is digressing to another discussion now so to get back back to the original discussion what do you think Panionios is missing?

It seems to have been a season of upheaval - we miss Djebbour, Choutos doesn't seem to have lived up to last season's promise and Recoba seems to have been the sort of player that came to the Premier League a few years ago - happy to take a big pay packet, but unable to really live up to former glories.

Still, we're in the Greek Cup semi final (I think? It's quite hard to find info about the cup online) so a UEFA Cup spot is still only a couple of matches away...

Archived