Phantis Forums

Is this the most pathetic management or what?

cyberfish

I was dumbfounded to read the joint announcement of Vgenopoulos and Vardinogiannis today.

For those who missed it, save yourself your sanity and avoid it at all cost. If you are looking for things to aggravate you, here is the link.

The press release has five (5) enumerated points. The first four are pretty pointless and really say nothing about anything.

The only real news comes in point number 3 where they send out the warning to the fans not to expect any spectacular signings. It has this pitty kind of tone "well, we'll try our best, but it doesn't look good, and let's not get too excited"

But the dumbest of all points of all the press releases I have ever seen comes in point number 5:

"5.

I thought when these guys took over we'd be past this nonsense. This really is a good way to make him think about quitting. Hopefully he'll concentrate his energy on the remainder of the season and the CL, where it looks like we can advance to at least the quarters, maybe even final? who knows anything is possible. But I'm hoping somehow he will deal with this at the end of the season and make a decision from there.

This is the worst news i have heard.

HTC is the best coach we have had in the last 5 years and now it looks like they are paving the way to sack him and cause unstability to the team.

Is this management new?

Because nothings changed if anything things are worst than before because Pateras talks his shiat and Antoniou doesnt know wtf he is doing

What happened to the CL money and now they are crying poor.

i am so close to burning all my pao jersey's!

i am so close to burning all my pao jersey's!

Hold on! Donate them to Phantis :D

But, this is why PAO has been suffering for years. Incompetent managers/owners. They not only make stupid decisions but also fail to PROTECT the club. No excuses.

TenKate was right about telling his players to protest when they don't get the calls.... Of course, there's a way to do it; it doesn't have to be abusive, no personal insults, but they have to show to the ref they care.

Cyber, good point: why did they choose to make this public? They could've sent a memo to coach & players...

THEY HAVE FAILED TO PROTECT THE CLUB. Being part of a charade of a league hurts the sport and our club. Last year was an excellent opportunity to get a reform movement going when the title was given to Oly. Shame! :tdown:

By the way, I'd be very upset if I were Ten Kate and my bosses said these things... I don't know if I'd quit but I don't think I could work with those idiots for long :1eye:

This little tidbit became big news after it leaked in the media by one of the insiders (probably an immature player).

They should hire a private investigator to find out who did this. If that doesn't work they should bribe the reporter to tell them who his contact is. Once they find out, they should fine him the maximum amount allowed by law and then let him rot in the reserves until his contract expires.

Then, they had to go even further. They ask the coach to give more chances to players he has not use much. I don't know of any coach (or human being) who respects himself that would not be upset but this blatant involvement in his business.

This is why Bajevic has it written in his contract that he must have 100% control over all footballing matters, because experience has taught him that Greek chairman are malakes.

Our owners are either too smart or too stupid.

They are too smart if they want Ten Cate out and want to make him so upset that he will quit, in which case they won't have to pay his full contract.

Of course they want him out. He's a top class manager and he knows that PAO need to spend a proper amount of money, not the peanuts that was spent in pre-season. The fact is PAO need to buy at least 5 top class players (A centre back, a right back, a left winger, a dekari and a natural goalscorer) to become a European force. This can't be done in January but a .. instead of buying, they're letting players go (Tziolis) :LOL: Sack them all reeeeeeeeeee, they are axristoi!

As a fan I am upset because I was expecting an announcement that said something like "we want Panathinaikos to succeed, so here is our new multi-million euro CB. Happy New Year".

Ela re file mou. I can understand you saying you were "hoping" for such an annoucement but you've been watching Greek football for far too long for you to be expecting such announcements.

What idiots. Honestly.

First off, where exactly is Ten Cate getting votes of confidence for?

How come he is on the chopping block?

Sorry, results are results but the guy took the team to winning the CL group, with one of the shittiest defensive lines in the 32 teams. The players like him. The players have OBVIOUSLY improved significantly under him.

ANDONIOU made a mess of the transfers, and HTC has done better than most coaches on the planet can do with that pathetic backline.

We are behind OSFP - SO? PAO is under extreme prejudice from the refs, and the refs even handed games away to OSFP. To be fair, PAO only deserves to be -5 at the moment.

As for no big signings...Yeah...not like they dont have unbeleivable amounts of money - and that they didnt make nearly 30 million this season from CL alone.

Whose wasting investors time and money? THE MORONS THEY HIRED.

PATERAS

ANDONIOU

VELIC

NEED TO BE GONE.

HTC is doing a fantastic job. So what if the team is in 3rd? Its only half way through. Is the season lost? Basically. Is it HTC's fault? Partially. Did HTC have a lot to work with? NO. He has barely any left footers, and barely any CBs. The teams best defender this assclown management wanted to "get out with the old" (and in with the overpirced, showy, ineffective and foreign new) - without Gkoumas this team would be in 5-6th, and forget still being in Europe. Not to mention he is a captain, younger than Gilberto and reliable, quality, loyal and hardworking for years.

This new management is all about talk and trying to act tough in public face, as personified by mega-jackass Nikos Pateras, who is a camera whore to show off his new-money spoils.

Ten Cate is the only voice of reason, and theyre condemning him like this? HTC is the only intelligent and sensible person in the whole damn PAE!

I agree with everything you say Drako. BTW, after PAOK's loss today we are second.

It looks like management came back with talk to support Ten Cate after they hang him out to dry, and it looks like Ten Cate has thick skin and doesn't get rattled easily.

Watching all the teams up to now I would venture a few predictions for the second round:

We'll go steady till the end. We won't win every game, but we won't have any easy losses either. The team is exceptionally conditioned and it shows in the way we suffocate opponents in the final minutes of every game. On the other hand, that's not the case with the other teams. Olympiakos' conditioning is the worst I have seen in years. Their explosiveness seems to be good, but their stamina is suspect. I am pretty sure they'll drop a lot of points from now on (if the refs allow such thing) but nine points is to big a deficit to cover. I also see PAOK dropping like a rock, and AEK getting better and better.

But back to our management. It's interesting that they have decided to take a different line and preach quiet when it comes to referee decisions. I think it's the right thing for the club to do: don't get distracted constantly with the referees. This is our (the fans) job, but their job is to work behind the scenes to improve things, and I have reason to believe that they are doing just that.

Changing their line could (emphasis on "could") mean that they are expecting to be more involved with the refereeing and the constant criticism could work against them. Why do I think that? Well, with Gagatsis gone, it looks like Pilavios might be the next EPO president. Pilavios is green as we know, and he could help demolish the red paranga very quickly. If that's the case, would he build a green paranga? I hope not. I do expect Kokalis to do everything under his power to retain the status quo.

It will be interesting to watch the behind the scenes EPO developments in the next few months.

You know, people are stubborn and often don't want to admit their mistakes.

I'm not in favor of suspending a player, unless he's such a prick that creates problems with his teammates (ie Gonzo). Clayton should be available to play, not stay home if he's healthy.

They should have a scale of fines that increases with each additional mistep. Taking money away from them, including possible bonuses, is the best approach.

I think people need to mellow out a bit on this; things are not perfect, TC certainly should be playing guys he hasn't been playing lately, mistakes have been made but our team is in a much better overall position now than we were 2 or 3 seasons ago. We're not in a damn "crisis" anymore. The team needs its fans support and to stay in a positive state of mind especially w/ the CL games coming up next month.

olo logia einai mexri stigmis..... o vgenopoulos alla elege prin merikous mines... kati kseroun oi giannakopouloi kai kratane apostaseis... mono o thanasis kai o paularas tha mas sosoun....

• 4 weeks later...

Filathlos has a cover about "apokafenopoihsh" (getting rid of the coffee shop mentality), so maybe there is some hope.

After the huge expectations of last summer we've seen the team waisting two transfer seasons, and falling behind Olympiakos by 12 points.

Worst of all for me has been all the talking non-sense in the media. Players, Coach, Managers, President, share holders, all have been busting our nuts with constant whining and jabbing at each other.

But maybe there is a movement to correct things.

Velic was fired promptly after the transfer season was dismal. Athanasopoulos was forced to resign after the disastrous 100 year celebration last week, and now there is talk about organizing a scouting team (you mean we didn't have any?) with some of our best veterans (Rotsa, Warzycha, Saravakos, Henricksen).

Also, Vgenopoulos said he will get a post with the team in the summer since now he is only a prominent fan.

So here we are, six months later, all we can do is hope that something will change in the organization of the club.

• 1 month later...

Third world mentality seems to be endemic in our upper management and share holders corps.

They fined the playeres 15000 each for the loss at Asteras. Of course, all the players are upset about it and Ten Cate proved to be a fox. In solidarity with his players he said that if they pay, he and Antoniou should also pay.

The foxy thing here is that he added Antoniou to the pool of those who deserve punishing, and it looks like he had not spoken with Antoniou before he said it. It's a little message from the coach regarding where responsibility lies.

It's clever because he forced Pateras to show his cards. Pateras bit the bait, and he promptly opened his mouth to say that Antoniou can't be fined because he is part of management :blink: Translation: Management in Pateras' eyes has no responsibility and the team is

Why is fining the players a bad idea? Well, because it can't have any effect besides demoralizing them even more. Those who care enough and probably have been upset about the losses will grow indifferent. The players who didn't care to begin with, will care even less. Those who kick the ball to the birds, won't stay late in practice to improve their game.

Our management needs management classes. :LOL:

Imagine working for a company that you care about and you bust your behind to get things done. Now imagine being fined because some of your coworkers didn't pull their weight. Worst, imagine being fined by the same people who didn't put your team in position to win.

They pulled the same crap last year after the game with Olympiakos and we lost almost every game to the end.

Don't be surprised to see more losses in the next few games. At least we'll have a good excuse for not spending money on transfers because we'll be a powerhouse in Interototo. :rolleyes:

Imagine working for a company that you care about and you bust your behind to get things done. Now imagine being fined because some of your coworkers didn't pull their weight. Worst, imagine being fined by the same people who didn't put your team in position to win.

I always had a big problem with collective punishment, ever since this idea was put in the Bible :P

Back a while, I wrote about the importance of internal culture. I don't have a direct knowledge, but I gather that the club has a problem all these years, and the frequent changes (coach/players/officers) didn't help.

I have mixed feelings about Ten Kate, but I realize that we can't be changing coaches every few months. He's acceptable, unlike Schum, Scazni, Malezani, and that Swedish guy... who were total disasters! Boy, this brought back some bad memories....

I'm probably older than most of you here, and PAO had never had such a long drought of titles.... Just pathetic. And, to a great extend it's been the fault of the owners/managers. Not only their poor choices, but they also failed to protect the club.... allowed Kokalistan to rule.

Tsk... :angry:

Archived