11 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Metalist win
    • Draw
    • Olympiakos win

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feared this result from the start. Ukranian teams seems to be Greek teams akilles heal :huh: we have a must win situation against heartha in two weeks. But if we dont win there with a couple of goals we dont belong in the uefa cup :(

Seriously ... :LOL: :LOL: they even have fireworks for this win??? :D And some group dancing to "simply the best" from Tina Turner ...

HAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

I agree.... they are a joke.. Other than Famin (their stricker) they aren't nothing.

It was a JOKE OF A FIELD to play at.

I am sooo pissed off right now.. I cant belive we lost to that shitty ukraienian team. Mealist are a VERY bad team, there not as good as panionios whom we just beat 4-1. I still cant get over how Diogo missed that perfect chance. Also I dunno how many times domi screwed up.

I dunno how we are losing to a team that I havent herd of before the start of the season? We were cocky. Thank god Galatasary beat Hertha ( with a goal from a penalty) because now it will be easier for us to get 3rd! in Uefa cup!

Horrible performance. I havnt been this mad since anorthosis.

[quote=Other than Famin (their stricker) they aren't nothing.

And even he was useless! He missed a sitter! Had a clear header 9 yards from goal.

The field was awful too. I dont even wanna get started.

Just let this game go because these guys are going to get spannked when they travel.

Us on the other hand we will destrpy the Germans in 2.5 weeks and we will continuing to play in the winter

Man i wouldnt say that metalist are a horrible team. I mean, they beat oly, besiktas, galata and drew against hertha this year.. thats not bad.. not to mention they are second in the ukrainian league that has teams liek shaktar and dinamo kiev...

I think oly lost because metalist played them the way every team should play oly but obviously cant....

press high.... push them to play from the middle of the park, and press their D with low balls outside the area....

That has always been the secret to beating oly..obviously, they are good enough that they dont let just anyone beat them ...

Today came down to 3 plays.... the 2 great sitters that metalist missed and the one great chance oly had with DIogo... if either of those goals went in.. believe we could of seen a 3-2 or 2-1 game...

Instead this crap...

agreed. Bashing Metalurg is silly, they beat the strongest team in the group (GS) and they are a big contender in Ukraine this year, which is a very respectable and competitive league.

As for Metalurg fireworks, I dont know why its funny. They just beat two much bigger sides and are going to the next round in Europe, they probably didnt dream of this even. Let them celebrate, more power to them. Nobody thought Kharkiv would have such a success in UEFA this year with the draws they got including them. They still stand to even win the group.

whatever. Like I said last game, OSFP has it pretty easy to qualify. Beat or tie Hertha and they are through. GS/Metalurg are out of reach though. The 3rd place could mean a shitty draw next round.

I am pretty sure that OSFP will win Hertha simply or defintiley not lose...Hertha is lame in Europe, and OSFP will have a home advantage to need only a point to go through. They really only 3 points total from either match going into Ukraine today...

As for Metalurg fireworks, I dont know why its funny. They just beat two much bigger sides and are going to the next round in Europe, they probably didnt dream of this even.

I agree, big achievement. Don't want to take anything away from that.

But fireworks and "simply the best" ... ??? :)

agreed. Bashing Metalurg is silly, they beat the strongest team in the group (GS) and they are a big contender in Ukraine this year, which is a very respectable and competitive league.

Im not really bashing metalist. What I am saying is that we were absoulute crap, and lost to a team who imo we can beat 3 outta 4 times on the road in a game like taht. What I am saying is that we never showed up and the result is we lost to a team that was weeker than us. Nothing hurts more than that.

You guys can say what you want about Metalist and Galata and whoever else. But what are the facts?

FACT 1 - Olympiakos sold some of its best players last year and bought lower grade players. With the exception of Diogo none of the new guys are good enough to make an impression in Europe. Cesar was fantastic in Europe! Yes he was prone to lapses of concentration in the SL, but with the SL being as weak as it is Olympiakos could afford that. The fact is he was a big game player and he was replaced by Avraam (a player who is "decent" by SL standards, nothing more). Ledesma, for so long he was considered the "key" that we'd been missing. The player to protect a weak defence. He get's injured in January and they get rid of him in the summer? :blink: AND replace him with Dudu, a defensive midfielder that can't actually defend! :LOL: And let's not even compare Leto and Lua Lua!

FACT 2 - Is linked with the above. At the end of the CL we were saying we needed to improve our defence. This year the defence has gotten worse. We need to address this immediately. Antzas is past it and Avraam is pathetic. Torosidis' game has also dropped and Domi was never that great. Behind them we have a keeper just waiting to make a suicidal mistake. This is not a good recipe.

FACT 3 - The above 2 facts explain why we've been so crap in European competition. This is magnified by the fact that every team in this group is weak!

Galatasary are abysmal and the fact that they embarassed us says alot!

Metalist may be having a decent season, but let's face it, Ukranian football isn't exactly at its peak right now. Shakhter failed to qualify from a CL group which included a Sporting team that are average at best and Dynamo Kiev is facing a "final" with Fener for a UEFA Cup spot... and when was the last time a Ukranian team qualified from the CL group stages? Point is, being second in the Ukraine doesn't indicate that they're world beaters, far from it.

We've seen first hand how poor Benfica are and Hertha are always abysmal in Europe. In conclusion, Olympiakos are in a UEFA Cup group that doesn't actually have any strong teams (and it certainly doesn't have any potential winners) which further shows how weak Olympiakos is right now.

FACT 4 - If Ernesto Valverde was Greek he'd have been sacked already.

FACT 5 - Away from home Olympiakos resorts to aimless long balls forward to Diogo. They did it against Galata, they did it against Anorthosis and they did it tonight. So whenever this team faces another team that isn't afraid of them and presses them all over the park, they run out of ideas.

FACT 6 - Djordjevic is a great player but he can't cross the ball to save his life. Whenever he's on the move and trying get a cross in he can't lift it off the floor! Torosidis' delivery is also rather lame and so is Domi's. Do these guys practise crossing or not?

FACT 7 - Olympiakos are VERY lucky that AEK is a bourdelo this year and that PAO lacks any truly creative players and is still a new team trying to gel. Otherwise there would be no protathlima. It's time this club was judged by European standards and not domestic standards because the SL is a joke.

In conclusion, Olympiakos is a s%$#! team.

just watched some "highlights" of the game.... You had your chances to finish this game early on.

I think an experienced goalie should have come out and jump in front of the attacking player thus reducing the angle of the shot.. not stay on his goal line! It was right there in the little box, 2 steps and he would be blocking the shot.

Anyway, a better result would have been desirable but you still control your destiny, and that's good. It's better that you lose these games than others you can't afford.

PS> I voted for Metalist win :P

I think an experienced goalie should have come out and jump in front of the attacking player thus reducing the angle of the shot.. not stay on his goal line! It was right there in the little box, 2 steps and he would be blocking the shot.

Anyway, a better result would have been desirable but you still control your destiny, and that's good. It's better that you lose these games than others you can't afford.

PS> I voted for Metalist win :P

You voted after the match! That doesn't count..... :rolleyes:

Also when say "experienced" you mean "professional standard" because if Nikopolidis isn't considered experienced now (3 weeks short of his 38 birthday) then he will never be.

I agree 100% with you...his positional play was awful. He needed to come out and make himself big so he could narrow the angle. Decent keepers own the 6 yard area. He is such a liability.

He will be forgotten soon anyway. His days are numbered.

FACT 5 - Away from home Olympiakos resorts to aimless long balls forward to Diogo. They did it against Galata, they did it against Anorthosis and they did it tonight. So whenever this team faces another team that isn't afraid of them and presses them all over the park, they run out of ideas.

FACT 6 - Djordjevic is a great player but he can't cross the ball to save his life. Whenever he's on the move and trying get a cross in he can't lift it off the floor! Torosidis' delivery is also rather lame and so is Domi's. Do these guys practise crossing or not?

Fact 5 and 6 are the most true things. Those are the reason we lose.

Archived