Metalist-Olympiakos

Crazy

What is going to be the result?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Metalist win
    • Draw
    • Olympiakos win

No time for rest since in 2 days Olympiakos will be playing a really important game against the team that holds the number 2 spot in our group.After the last week great perfomance and win against Benfica with 5-1 we are off to play the team that managed to steal the 3 points from Galatasaray and really mix our group.Olympiakos with a win here will have made a great step of advancing in the next round while with defeat or a draw thinks will be decided down to the last game day line.

Right now our group looks like that :

Group B

Clubs----------Pld---W---D---L---GF---GA----Pts

Galatasaray----3--- 2--- 0---1---3-----1-----6

Metalist----------2---1--- 1---0---1-----0-----4

Olympiacos-----2--- 1---0---1---5------2---- 3

Hertha-----------2--- 0---2---0---1------1----2

Benfica----------3--- 0---1---2---2------8----1

And these are the remaining games of the group:

3/12

Metalist-Olympiakos

Hertha-Galatasaray

18/12

Olympiakos-Hertha

Benfica-Metalist

The ideal scenario is 2 more wins and let the rest of them to duke it out.Any other results complicate things.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worry abour our team in the Ukranian December but we're in great form. Then again, we do suck outside of Greece. We'll see

The cold will be a factor for the game but if we show a little bit of our late good form we can have a positive result.At least i hope for one.

Some info and some nice stats about this upcoming game from the UEFA website:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/f...4218/index.html

Were in great form. I can only see a win. Metalist have been good this season and have had good results like 4-1 vs Besiktas and 0-1 away to galatasaray. But still that doesnt bother me. I think the way we are playing we should get a win. The weather wont be too big of a deal it is going to be 11 with light rain which not bad . http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/uaxx0001

Ps though does anyone konw what the fans are like ? Will it be an intimidating home atmosphere?

otan les "therapy" ennoeis "rub and tug"?

Yes,with the excemption of Stoltidis,everyone else is almost ready to be 100% fit to play.Valverde knows is a long season so he is being cautious about that stuff.

otan les "therapy" ennoeis "rub and tug"?

:P

BIG GAME tonight guys. If we win and Herta lose we're through! If we lose and Hertha win we're in serious trouble. As Crazy said in earlier post, we have to win both games our remaining games to avoid headaches. I'm seriously pumped!

• This is Metalist and Olympiacos's first meeting in European competition.

• Metalist have never come up against Greek opponents before, but Olympiacos have played six games against sides from Ukraine, with their record reading W1 D3 L2. Their previous trips to Ukraine have ended in a defeat, a victory and – most recently – a draw.

Source + full article at uefa.com.

Archived