Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS-Asteras Tripolis

NikosVazelas

yes i was watching a NZ rugby game (I think vs South Africa) a few years ago and a player fully nailed a fan who ran on the pitch and the ref thanked him, he didnt get carded hahahahaha

f*** me pao is inconsistant, we need to loose spme players....I hope to God we make the top 16 for CL that will give more high class players insetive to sign with us

we are dead and the sooner we fire htc the better we will not even finish 5th this year with that fool!

we won 2 games in cl but still got arsefooked in cyprus in greece he is making frinos a manga!

it is all his fault no one else cause hi picks the squad and also makes the subs!

we are dead and the sooner we fire htc the better we will not even finish 5th this year with that fool!

we won 2 games in cl but still got arsefooked in cyprus in greece he is making frinos a manga!

it is all his fault no one else cause hi picks the squad and also makes the subs!

u have to be joking fire HTC - WTF?

how is it HTC's fault that the players our management gave him are crap?

The problem has been there for years our defense is crap!

This has nothing to do with HTC!

Once we buy defenders in the transfer window we will be fine.

u have to be joking fire HTC - WTF?

how is it HTC's fault that the players our management gave him are crap?

The problem has been there for years our defense is crap!

This has nothing to do with HTC!

Once we buy defenders in the transfer window we will be fine.

In a weird way,i agree with you 100%.Pao needed center backs-cerverous and instead of trying to get 1-2 good ones,you guys still have Vyntra.........

The season is officially over 9 points back what a disgrace already not even December yet! Fire the coach fire the management fire the team!! Tieing garbage teams that wouldn't even play in the tenth division in england!! Only champions league left will see what happens there maybe saravakos will come back out of retirement and help this team!!

I finally watched the game. Horrible. But let's not kid ourselves, this title was not lost yesterday. For me it was lost in the game against AEK when all the cockiness of the summer was revealed to be hot air. The team showed that this was going to be a long season.

A few brilliant games and the prospect of advancing to UEFA CL 16 and beyond give us something to look forward to this year. Once CL is over for us it will be a huge letdown for the team and fans alike.

Having seen this horrible domestic performance time and again, I am convinced that neither new players nor a new coach can cure this team. It's all a matter of upper management finding ways to keep the organization focused and motivated throughout the duration of a long season.

Pateras and Antoniou need to find a way. Complaining about referees or luck, and mentioning next year or the next five years does not help matters. They need to show some urgency up above, and they need to transfer the urgency to the team.

That is the worst call in sports history! Im not even kidding! In history! Its not Paos fault, so dont take offence, but what a dumb referee. That has nothing to do with the game. I hope his suspencion gets called off.

As for the game, its unfortunate Pao couldnt have done better after their biggest win of the decade.

The good news is that we're only 9 points down! :LOL:

We beat Oly in their home and they only need 2 more loses for us to have an edge (and the tie breaker). OK, I assume that we'll start winning soon :P

You know what this game against Asteras reminded me? We used to play like this under Schum! :LOL: ... couldn't string 2 passes together.

Look, I propose that the title always goes to Oly, the Cup to Aek, and PAO always plays in the CL.

Now, I don't want to hear any talk about transfers again. Even if we had 3 more players from transfers, that team on Sat. couldn't play even if it had 15 players on the pitch. :tdown:

You know what this game against Asteras reminded me? We used to play like this under Schum! :LOL:  ... couldn't string 2 passes together.

My recollection is that the team (that couldn't string two passes together) led by Schum got us the double - in gratitude we made sure that he was promptly fired.

Paxioti, what call? :unsure:

The red card to the tripolis player for taking down the fan. It had nothing to do with the game! I dont see why he would be penalised?

I may be wrong though. There must be some rule about not touching the fans?

Oh, yes, I almost forgot about this, even though the incident was overly exposed in the media.

I don't remember the exact article, but there is something about violence against players, referees, or fans that invokes an automatic red card.

I thought it was dumb of the player to trip the fan. He had no business getting involved. It seems innocent enough, but what if the kid got hurt on his way down? What if a large part of the fans got really upset and stormed the field? What if the next player decided to deck the running fun with an uppercut?

Sure the fan did not look like the sharpest tool in the box (he looked kind of stoned to me), but this sort of thing happens the world over. It always ends when security finally catches up with the guy, the fans cheer and boo, and everyone goes their marry way. From what I know, even security try to go easy on these guys so it doesn't become a bigger deal than it actually is.

I don't know about this. I wouldn't red (or yellow) card the player. He just assisted in capturing someone who had no business in being there. Supposedly this "fan" went and kicked a player in the knee while he was roaming on the pitch <_< .... (name your favorite expensive player)

The sooner he was removed the better. I'm not condoning excessive violence (like the players beating up someone like that) but tripping him looks benigh to me. All the risk is assumed by the person who trespasses.... and that person had NO business being on the pitch! End of story.

The red card to the tripolis player for taking down the fan. It had nothing to do with the game! I dont see why he would be penalised?

wtf are you talking about man. Thats absolutley a red card.

Violent or unsportsmanlike conduct on the pitch is punishable by red. PERIOD. Weather you hit a referee, a fan, the other player, your OWN player, you will be punished. Thats the rule, and the call makes absolute sense.

If a player scores a goal, then proceeds to throw double-middle fingers to all the fans, should not this be punishable? It doesnt affect the game right? If I tell the ref to F*** his mother, should I be punished? Had no affect on the game?

Conduct, applies to all on the pitch and in the stadium. Its the fans fault for being an idiot, but a professional player ignores him, and lets the security take the issue. I didnt see the game I saw the highlight, and yes, of course its a red card.

Cyberfish is also right. The trip was entirely unecesary. These fans are always caught, and what if the fan got hurt? There are fans in the stadium that will react, and can make the match unsafe, over a stupid act. The referee made the correct decision.

Violent or unsportsmanlike conduct on the pitch is punishable by red. PERIOD. Weather you hit a referee, a fan, the other player, your OWN player, you will be punished. Thats the rule, and the call makes absolute sense.

If a player scores a goal, then proceeds to throw double-middle fingers to all the fans, should not this be punishable? It doesnt affect the game right? If I tell the ref to F*** his mother, should I be punished? Had no affect on the game?

Conduct, applies to all on the pitch and in the stadium. Its the fans fault for being an idiot, but a professional player ignores him, and lets the security take the issue. I didnt see the game I saw the highlight, and yes, of course its a red card.

Cyberfish is also right. The trip was entirely unecesary. These fans are always caught, and what if the fan got hurt? There are fans in the stadium that will react, and can make the match unsafe, over a stupid act. The referee made the correct decision.

What are you going on about? Dont be ridiculous. He didn't kick or attack the fan. He aided in apprehending him. The ref was a retarded! Athinaios was spot on with his analysis of the situation.

^

he didnt kick the fan? he tripped him on his face.

Answer these questions.

1) Who is responsible for catching streakers and loose fans?

2) Was the player acting to defend himself in any way to justify this?

3) Is tripping a fan sportsmanlike conduct?

4) If the fan had been injured, who would be responsible?

5) If the fan had been injured, what would this mean for Asteras on the pitch and their safety?

There are no exceptions as to "what had to do with the game" and what didnt. Its the fans fault for trespassing, and its the players fault for tripping him. Two wrongs dont make a right. Just because the idiot shouldnt have been there doesnt give the player the right to engage him.

I wont continue with this useless topic. A terrible result, people whining for HTC to be fired, and others whining over an obvious red. What Trash!

I dont know where you live Drakos but in any civilized nation if that happend in North America the fan would be jailed instantly no questions asked and nothing would happen to the player if they did trip him!! That is the most absurd red card i ever seen in my life almost as ubsurd is the penalty Pao got against Anorthosis great work by Karagounis!!!

Archived