Olympiakos-Benfica

Crazy

What is going to be the result  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result

• Olympiakos win
    • Draw
    • Benfica win

The last two victories by Greek teams show me that we were totally unprepared for the European competitions: we are much better than those early qualifiers that embarassed us all.

I hope the management of the top clubs take notice and start preparations much earlier next year.

This is what I said a few months ago. Olympiakos' slow method of signing players was their issue. Get players early and go hard early.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked the first hour of the game (with all the goals) and I have to say congrats. OSFP indeed didn't look like it was heavily dominating the game (despite the scoreline) but was obviously very dangerous in front of the nets. Good to see that OSFP is doing something in Europe, against team(s) that are supposedly stronger than OSFP itself. It started last year and I hope to see a continuation of that this year, albeit in the UEFA Cup instead of the CL. :tup: :gr: :tup:

Checked the first hour of the game (with all the goals) and I have to say congrats. OSFP indeed didn't look like it was heavily dominating the game (despite the scoreline) but was obviously very dangerous in front of the nets. Good to see that OSFP is doing something in Europe, against team(s) that are supposedly stronger than OSFP itself. It started last year and I hope to see a continuation of that this year, albeit in the UEFA Cup instead of the CL. :tup: :gr: :tup:

Personally I thought Olympiakos totally dominated, however Benfica were able to find chances because of Olympiakos' abysmal defence. Avraam is certainly a down grade from Cesar and the team is terrible in the holding midfield position. Ledesma should be brought back immediately imo. If the defence is addressed the team can start to look a bit better again. Djole is also an essential player and that's been proved in the last couple of games. In other words, let's see Kokkali sign a goalkeeper, and re-sign the players that were let go last year (Cesar, Ledesma, and Lua Lua) and we'll see a team capable of winning the UEFA Cup.

Thats why i ve showed Olympiakos as favourite...

There is not big  power differance between Olympiakos and Benfica. Benfica will have the stress more and match will be in Athens. If i was the coach of Olympiakos i would play controlled in first 20 minutes then Benfica have to risk and will give open at the deffance.... 

I dont think it could finish "1-0"

I feel 3-1 Olympiakos will win, last goal will come last minutes.

The score wasnt suprise with me but sure nobady could guess ''5-1''. I was sure it cant finish 1-0 Because both teams would attack without control in 1-0 thats why i was sure of 3 or more goals or a draw.

This score never means Benfica is a bad team. Olympiakos could lose to Galatasaray 5-1 also GS can lose to these teams 5-1 too.

^ Its Ray Hudson lol.. My favorite comintator. You think he is funny there? You should hear him talk about messi :LOL:

Sorry a litle late on this post, but what a game! We came out flying right from the start. Everybody was on their game that night. Benfica werent bad. Im not gonna lie they scared me a few times, but nikopolidis played well. What an attack though, amazing finishing. I saw the game twice and I want to say how lucky we are to have Diogo on this team. What a goal his first one was! Unbelivable! Galletti was almost awsome. We showed europe that we can play football, all of greece can. Good for Pao and good for Olympiakos. I cant belive some of you are saying that this isnt a good result.

For those of you in Canada and the US who watched in on GolTv didnt you love the things Ray Hudson was saying? Didnt it make you feel good to support this team? All good things about Greece, and Greek football. He talked about souvlakia, and tiropites, which was funny. But what I loved most, and I thought it was refreshing, to hear a nutral say somethign good about Greek football. He was talking about how Olympiakos are an Icon in the world of football. He was admiring our fans, admiring our play, and our players. Out of everyone, he was talking about Diogo the most and kept comparing him to Ronaldo ( the real ronaldo). He said he would pick Diogo over Pato! Its stuff like that, that I love hearing and it makes me feel good. I love it when the nutral people start to respect greek football.

^ Its Ray Hudson lol.. My favorite comintator. You think he is funny there? You should hear him talk about messi :LOL:

Sorry a litle late on this post, but what a game! We came out flying right from the start. Everybody was on their game that night. Benfica werent bad. Im not gonna lie they scared me a few times, but nikopolidis played well. What an attack though, amazing finishing. I saw the game twice and I want to say how lucky we are to have Diogo on this team. What a goal his first one was! Unbelivable! Galletti was almost awsome. We showed europe that we can play football, all of greece can. Good for Pao and good for Olympiakos. I cant belive some of you are saying that this isnt a good result.

For those of you in Canada and the US who watched in on GolTv didnt you love the things Ray Hudson was saying? Didnt it make you feel good to support this team? All good things about Greece, and Greek football. He talked about souvlakia, and tiropites, which was funny. But what I loved most, and I thought it was refreshing, to hear a nutral say somethign good about Greek football. He was talking about how Olympiakos are an Icon in the world of football. He was admiring our fans, admiring our play, and our players. Out of everyone, he was talking about Diogo the most and kept comparing him to Ronaldo ( the real ronaldo). He said he would pick Diogo over Pato! Its stuff like that, that I love hearing and it makes me feel good. I love it when the nutral people start to respect greek football.

the goltv announcers are amazing they bring life to the goal far better than that smith fellow who should not even be speaking :LOL:

Archived