Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2009

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, the Serbianized Bulgarians got killed by France and, I'm sure, Sarkozy was happy with that...

I think all the games can be seen live, for free, through this link

I think the link I posted before to watch the matches are only if one is in Greece or Cyprus.

The link here is to a page that has links to watch all the games outisde of Europe

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/eurobasket-...oup-e-2001.html

Turkey beat Spain! :o

And Slovenia destroyed Lithuania....

I'm thinking Slovenia is going to take gold in this tournament...

Greece vs Russia tonight....we need a win as always to secure our dominance...

We want 1st place, to get the favourable draw in the Quarter Finals.

If we take 1st, we play 4th of the other group:

Right now stands

Turkey

Slovenia

Serbia

Spain

Poland

Lithuania

I'm hoping Serbia drops into 4th and we hold 1st. That would be tough but still our best draw to get us into the Semi Finals to medal contention.

Assuming we do make the semi's were most likley playing Turkey or Slovenia.

Turkey beat Spain! :o

And Slovenia destroyed Lithuania....

I'm thinking Slovenia is going to take gold in this tournament...

Greece vs Russia tonight....we need a win as always to secure our dominance...

We want 1st place, to get the favourable draw in the Quarter Finals.

If we take 1st, we play 4th of the other group:

Right now stands

Turkey

Slovenia

Serbia

Spain

Poland

Lithuania

I'm hoping Serbia drops into 4th and we hold 1st. That would be tough but still our best draw to get us into the Semi Finals to medal contention.

Assuming we do make the semi's were most likley playing Turkey or Slovenia.

Turkey won to Serbia too...

I watched the matches Lithuania- Turkey and Serbia-Turkey, Turkey absolutly playing very well and i remember when Turkey was 2nd in Eurobasket 2001, Turkey was playing with motivation but now they play like proffesional and excellent...Yesterday even Hedo has terrible performance (i think he scored only 2 points) Turkey managed to win to Serbia and i hear in Spain match they were perfect too... Beleive me if Grecee draw Turkey it will be tough game for Grecee...

Are gooses are cooked simple as that how can a country to be ranked 4th in the world loose to france and russia like that in other chat sitres there all sayin were playin possum and the real greek team will show up in the knock out stage highly doubt that.

Thers no way were gonna beat turkey slovenia spain

Greece vs. Turkey on Friday

History:

Eurobasket 1949 - Greece-Turkey (54-41) division play/final round

Eurobasket 1951 - Turkey-Greece (42-36) classification round

Eurobasket 1975 - Turkey-Greece (74-64) classification round

Eurobasket 1981 - Greece-Turkey (72-64) classification round

Eurobasket 1997 - Greece-Turkey (74-52) preliminary round/division play

FIBA WC 2006 - Greece-Turkey (76-69) preliminary round/division play

Greece vs. Turkey on Friday

History:

Eurobasket 1949 - Greece-Turkey (54-41) division play/final round

Eurobasket 1975 - Turkey-Greece (74-64) classification round

Eurobasket 1981 - Greece-Turkey (72-64) classification round

Eurobasket 1997 - Greece-Turkey (74-52) preliminary round/division play

FIBA WC 2006 - Greece-Turkey (76-69) preliminary round/division play

Grecee is favourite for the match.

I watched the France match of Grecee it wasn't the Grecee i watched before also Turkey wasn't the old Turkey i watch before too.

Turkey is very agressive and sucsessful in this tournument so i think we will watch a good QuarteFinal...Even this night Turkey could win to Slovenia at the last second if last try was basket and it would be 6 wins in 6 match.

Winner plays France-Slovenia winner.

Why are some acting like Greece will get destroyed by Turkey? Has Greece been blown out in any match? Has Turkey blown any quality team away?

Greece lost their last 2 games, yes, but by a combined 5 points, one game being a last second shot (undefeated France!), and another against the defending champions (Russia who beat Spain IN Spain in Eurobasket 2007 final), while Turkey, in their last 2 games, beat Serbia in OT and not regular time, and lost to Slovenia by 2 points in a game where they were down by a wide margin early and never caught up but kept it close.

The same Spain team that Turkey beat is the same team that Greece lost to 2 years ago in Eurobasket 2007 by 5 points IN Spain in the semifinal. The same Serbia team that Turkey beat is the same team that Greece beat in Eurobasket 2007 in division play. The same Slovenia team that Turkey lost to is the same Slovenia team that Greece beat in the quarterfinal of Eurobasket 2007.

I'm not taking anything away from Turkey. They have played very well and have the ability to beat Greece as well as win the whole tournament. But, juggernaut they are not nor is this current Greek team a minnow. Looks like some Greeks have become too spoiled with Greece's success in basketball (beating USA, for example) and expecting way too much.

Greece had already qualified for the quarterfinal after beating Germany and might be playing possum and "saving" themselves for the knockout stage.

But, we all we see how these 2 teams will do on Friday...

I do not consider Greece the favourite tommorow. Historically we are much stronger but this year we are too new, too injured, and we're in very bad form, and this is the best Turkey has looked in years.

We were so awful with France and Russia.....Unless there is a majour tournaround, which is looking doubtful as we were also weak with Israel and Germany....

I regret to say Turkey will take it by 5-7, with Greece playing bad, and the whole Greek press in denial because it was only a few points.

offensive rebounding too, and not making silly errors. We are going to have to take shots when we get them, and actually nail them. The shooting was disastrous last 2 games, I mean seriously players would not only miss but down right BRICK shots and nobody would be there for a rebound. If we shoot a 3, somebody should be charging the basket.

man, that's what I call a defensive battle!!! :o

plato, are you sure it's not the first half result?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj...teamID_376.html

Greece has to win to negate recent dissapointments (Galatasary win in PAO, Greece against the Swiss and Moldovars)

Oh, Greece defeated Turkey, in Eurobasket 2003, 75-70 in the first round, a result I did not include when I posted the list of head-to-head results between the nations in basketball.

http://greekhoopz.blogspot.com/

what greek channel will the game be on?

NET

heres a link

http://ellinarastv.blogspot.com/2009/07/ellinara.html

we are finally picking up the rebounds but we should be putting them away!!!!

Lets hope we get a stronger half , and then, we will be qualified for Turkey 2010 :LOL:

The medal round? Who cares. #1 thing is Greece to be at at the WC 2010 for me.

Then, we will have 1 yr experience + players returned from injury/illness. Thats when we should be going and getting revenge on Argentina and fighting for a medal....

Pame Elladara! :gr:

Archived