Phantis Forums

Werder- PAO

athinaios

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: Big words... almost as big as Tsoukalas' prediction that Olympiakos would score 6 against Ano in Greece. I'll say now what I said then... we'll see, we'll see.

ase twra Tsoukalas is the biggest idiot in the world.

6 goals and 3 goals are entirely different. Nobody can predict now Ano game....we have Gavros, then Inter to face....

as for the Anorthosis stupidities being thrown in the forums:

I dont think anybody meant to "attack anorthosis" and no, it has NOTHING to do with Greece 2004 or even similar :blink: Youve got to be kidding.

WATCH THE GOALS. Those were laughable man. We are ALL shocked INTER gives up goals like that, and this could even have been worse than PAO with Ergotelis or Iraklis. Im not saying Anorthosis was all luck, but godamn if they dont have a lucky rabbits foot. Watch the Anorthosis - Inter highlights.

Realistically we're only shooting for the UEFA, but we should go to Werder to win, because a tie doesn't really do anything for us at this point.  Better go out with a bang, and concentrate on the domestic league.

We'll lose most likely, but let me make a wild guess: we'll repeat the performance against Panionios....  W 1- P 2 :D

Sorry, but if I was manager I'd put the bus in front of the goal and hope PAO hangs on because a 0-0 would be a tremendous result. I'm sorry to say that when considering a team that scores for fun (Weder) against a team without a defence (PAO) in Germany, then all I can see is an embarassing result.

Prediction:

Weder 5-1 PAO :(

spot on mate!

that will be the result on sunday! :box: :box: :box: :box:

ase twra Tsoukalas is the biggest idiot in the world.

6 goals and 3 goals are entirely different. Nobody can predict now Ano game....we have Gavros, then Inter to face....

as for the Anorthosis stupidities being thrown in the forums:

I dont think anybody meant to "attack anorthosis" and no, it has NOTHING to do with Greece 2004 or even similar :blink: Youve got to be kidding.

WATCH THE GOALS. Those were laughable man. We are ALL shocked INTER gives up goals like that, and this could even have been worse than PAO with Ergotelis or Iraklis. Im not saying Anorthosis was all luck, but godamn if they dont have a lucky rabbits foot. Watch the Anorthosis - Inter highlights.

This is for Drakos who never even watched the game but can analize it!!!!!

"

One has to be a realist, guys. You can't beat PAO and draw Inter and Werder at the CL group stage if you don't have a solid squad. This should be obvious to everybody and one can't seriously doubt it. But, true as this is, it doesn't exclude the possibility that Ano might have been quite lucky as well. And if one takes a good look at their games, one will see a good team, esp without the ball, as well as a series of events that are anything but common: against Oly and PAO the first goal is a freak own-goal (esp the PAO one) and the goals against Inter, well, we all saw what happened. A team is lucky when they score goals without creating themselves good chances for doing so, without playing creative football that is, because to rely on a deep cross and a huge mistake by the opponent is not creative football and, most of the time, fails miserably as an offensive strategy. Good team but, still, lucky imho. The game at OAKA will be easier for Ano than it will be for PAO and this says a lot about their composure and work rate. But even Ano fans will concede that they don't feel confident about the following two games exactly because they know that you can't keep scoring goals like that for ever - although Ano seem to be able to do that contra reason! So, the truth is, as usual, somewhere in the middle. Peace out.

PS: And, sorry, but I wouldn't expect Timuri to accept that his team is just lucky. And as for the Cypriot reporters laughing with his witty (?) comment, I still remember HTC being shocked by their rude and offensive questions. Greeks and Cypriots have so much in common that it would be naive to think that the 'journalists' would be different. I can't see the argument in Timuri's comment.

yes Bides, all 3 of those goals had nothing to do with an atroucious inter defense, but rather Anorthosis master class

im done on this discussion. I know Ano has a quite respectable team this year, and I had a feeling they would be in the CL stages despite OSFP, and I dont think that they won all their games on luck. But like I said, godamn has it been there for them thats undeniable.... However, the team has been substantially helped out by luck. Im talking about Werder game, Sariegui, OSFP missing sitters, and Inter's catastrophe. when a player nails a throw in to his own net lower corner, i tend to consider that a gift a goal, given to the other team. Those first 2 Ano goals, were pretty laughable in terms of defense, if that was PAO who did that (and we did similar) wed here your "realist" points of view from the Tzypros boys as usual. And Im talking about Anorthosis - Inter, and Werder - Ano, where its simply undeniable. There is a difference between being helped out with a heavy fortune, and having a solid squad that can win you games like vs PAO, OSFP....

im done on the conversaiton. Looks like Anorthosis fans dont value their luck in addition to their squad, so you can count on losing it when it counts!

back to subject....pAO werder

However, the team has been substantially helped out by luck. Im talking about Werder game, Sariegui, OSFP missing sitters, and Inter's catastrophe.

What are you talking about? Weder missed many half-chances and a couple of chances, but no real sitters. As for Sarriegui, since when has an opponents ineptness been luck? You beat what's in front of you, it's not Ano's, Iraklis' or Ergotelis' fault that PAO can't defend, that's not down to luck it's down to PAO's lack of defensive quality. And what sitters did OSFP miss exactly? 35 yard shots? When did they get in behind Ano's defense? Except for the penalty OSFP didn't have any sitters, even the goal was a shot from distance that had a freak curl on it.

im done on the conversaiton. Looks like Anorthosis fans dont value their luck in addition to their squad, so you can count on losing it when it counts!

Of course there's been luck, but there always is. Just like PAO had luck yesterday. So I'll just repeat what I've already said... Yes Ano had luck when Torosidis scored an own goal to give Ano the lead, but no one mentions Bardon's world class cross to Sosin, or Ano's movement of the ball prior to Laban's goal.

Yes Ano benefitted from Sarriegui's own goal, but no one mentions Savio's fantastic deliveries that resulted in stunning headers from Dobrasinovic and Taher. Or the fact that PAO were lucky to be gifted the penalty against Ano because a defender handled the ball when under no pressure.

Yes Ano benefitted from terrible defending today, but no one says Inter were lucky because Beqaj gifted the Italians 3 goals. Or that Materazzi's goal was a clear foul that was ignored, or that Quaresma dived to win the free kick that led to Cruz's late equalizer, or that Taher was brought down in the box after going around the goalkeeper but no penalty was given. Or that Ano had 5 key players missing today (Dellas, Savio, Sosin, Nicolaou, and Skopelitis wasn't fit enough to start).

Could you imagine what sort of showing PAO would put in against if you had Karagounis, Gilberto, Simao, Ivan, and Mantzios missing? You'd have copped at least 6 guaranteed. Anyway, we'll see how PAO perform in the San Siro, maybe you guys are right, PAO is an omadara and Ano is lucky. PAO will win 0-3 and Ano's luck will run out, so we'll lose 0-5. Then we'll come to OAKA and you'll beat us 3-0. That's just before your omadara goes on to win the CL. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well Ivan an dNinis were out due to injury and mattos had a slight injury that he barely recovered in time for. He could of played but not for a full 90. Wasnt Sosin on the bench.. I read he was.... Either way... Players are players. it takes 11 to win or lose or in this case draw. not one....

I dont think PAO is amazing and Anorthosis is only Lucky. Ano presses, runs, slides and tackles harder then any othe rteam in the CL. They have to. To make up for th elack of big names. And where they are is merited...

What i am saying is, If pao was AS lucky as Anorthosis, ( because luck has ALOT to do with ANY TEAMS success) maybe the salpi post against werder would of gone in instead of straight down on the line and out. 3-1 that would of been and maybe a sure win.

Against Inter, Moon hit the post and Cleyton missed a sitter. Sure we didnt score.. but with a bit of luck.. a 1-1 dra woul dof been posible.. then we would be talkin about pao being in first place today instead of needing help from others. Thats football. Luck plays an integral role.

I applaud Anorthosis for their results. they are a determined side, a side which i believe, is 75% sure of advancing to the round of 16. and good for them. But in the end, I wont say that Anorthosis outplayed PAO in the group stage. Id say that pao wasnt as lucky. nothign wrong with that DUDE.

Unlike many greek fans, Yourself excluded DUDE, I accept defeat when it is deserved. Hoever, Other then the Anorthosis game where pao deserved to lose, I believe that with a bit of luck, the kind of luck that Anorthosis has had AT TIMES, not taking away their determination and hustle, maybe pao would of been in a better if not secure position to advance right now.

I have stated from th beginning that i believe in this pao team. Im not blinded by certain results nor am i over excited by others, I believe what my eyes tell me.

And my eyes tell me this. In a matter of 4 months, HTC has taken a PAO team with absolutely NO imagination and made them a team capable of scoring in almost any game. Obviously i would not be happy if progress ends here but I, as a die hard pao fan, would liek to believe that pao has made giant strides forward this season, instead of the usual baby steps backwards we have been used to in recent years.

liek i said earlier, if u tke into account the two woodworks we hit in crucial points in our two home games so far in the Champions league, we may have been talkin first place right now...

a few inches make a difference... and no i aint quoting my girlfriend :P

I believe in this team and i hope they can advance, we will hopefully go to uefa and make a statement there.

Life goes on. Im gonna go eat a steak.

Later Skaters.

P.S. DUDE, take everthing with a grain of salt.

BTW if anyone wants to download the game vs Werder, You can become a member at www.Blue-Whitegt.com and search for the torrent. Signing up to a membership is free but it is also open btu for only a few hours every week. you have to be lucky... Try and get some one to ask the mods there when it might be to help u get accepted.

Ill try and make a rapidshare file of the game.... gimme some time.

Later skaters... Again

Well Ivan an dNinis were out due to injury and mattos had a slight injury that he barely recovered in time for. He could of played but not for a full 90. Wasnt Sosin on the bench.. I read he was.... Either way... Players are players. it takes 11 to win or lose or in this case draw. not one....

I dont think PAO is amazing and Anorthosis is only Lucky. Ano presses, runs, slides and tackles harder then any othe rteam in the CL. They have to. To make up for th elack of big names. And where they are is merited...

What i am saying is, If pao was AS lucky as Anorthosis, ( because luck has ALOT to do with ANY TEAMS success) maybe the salpi post against werder would of gone in instead of straight down on the line and out. 3-1 that would of been and maybe a sure win.

Against Inter, Moon hit the post and Cleyton missed a sitter. Sure we didnt score.. but with a bit of luck.. a 1-1 dra woul dof been posible.. then we would be talkin about pao being in first place today instead of needing help from others. Thats football. Luck plays an integral role.

I applaud Anorthosis for their results. they are a determined side, a side which i believe, is 75% sure of advancing to the round of 16. and good for them. But in the end, I wont say that Anorthosis outplayed PAO in the group stage. Id say that pao wasnt as lucky. nothign wrong with that DUDE.

Unlike many greek fans, Yourself excluded DUDE, I accept defeat when it is deserved. Hoever, Other then the Anorthosis game where pao deserved to lose, I believe that with a bit of luck, the kind of luck that Anorthosis has had AT TIMES, not taking away their determination and hustle, maybe pao would of been in a better if not secure position to advance right now.

I have stated from th beginning that i believe in this pao team. Im not blinded by certain results nor am i over excited by others, I believe what my eyes tell me.

And my eyes tell me this. In a matter of 4 months, HTC has taken a PAO team with absolutely NO imagination and made them a team capable of scoring in almost any game. Obviously i would not be happy if progress ends here but I, as a die hard pao fan, would liek to believe that pao has made giant strides forward this season, instead of the usual baby steps backwards we have been used to in recent years.

liek i said earlier, if u tke into account the two woodworks we hit in crucial points in our two home games so far in the Champions league, we may have been talkin first place right now...

a few inches make a difference... and no i aint quoting my girlfriend :P

I believe in this team and i hope they can advance, we will hopefully go to uefa and make a statement there.

Life goes on. Im gonna go eat a steak.

Later Skaters.

P.S. DUDE, take everthing with a grain of salt.

BTW if anyone wants to download the game vs Werder, You can become a member at www.Blue-Whitegt.com and search for the torrent. Signing up to a membership is free but it is also open btu for only a few hours every week. you have to be lucky... Try and get some one to ask the mods there when it might be to help u get accepted.

Ill try and make a rapidshare file of the game.... gimme some time.

Later skaters... Again

Now this is a perfectly fair post. I accept everything you say and agree with you. What I don't accept though are posts that claim Ano's acheivements are merely down to tremendous luck. We're the second or third smallest club in the CL and we've got more points than Olympiakos usually get in the CL. Why can't people just say "bravo, they've fought hard". Why is there such bitterness? I expect that from some foreign fans, but not from Greek fans. Especially not from PAO fans considering that Ano were holding banners against PAO that read "PAO, 8A EIMASTAN MAZI SOU AN DEN HTAN H ANORTHOSI APENANTI SOU", etc. It's the bitterness and ignorance I don't like, not the assertion that luck was involved.

Thats a nice sign they had in Cyprus.. I didnt know that. Like i said, they deserve everything they have right now. This, in no way makes them a better team then Werder or pao or Inter. They are a small team whos balls are bigger then any teams i have ever seen in the CL.

Keep it up Anorthosis... draw with werder and Pao can win in Athens.... Then KEEP IT UP IN THE UEFA CUP. Oly Anorthosis Rematch?

P.S Dude, is Ano your team from cyprus or just in europe??

Of course there's been luck, but there always is. Just like PAO had luck yesterday.

Can you clarify PAO'S luck yesterday ,since i really didnt see much luck in the Mantzios goal or the Karagounis world class rocket of a shot... Please fill us in on the 3-0 luck :blink:

I am a Panathinaikos fan and I can honestly say that the way they played against Bremen was the most enjoyable game to watch as they played with purpose, resilience and a great deal of skill.

As a Cypriot I am also very happy and proud to see Anorthosis doing so well in the competition. They are not my team but I support them because for me they are representing my island and therefore the Greek world in general.

They are a small team doing the best they can with very limited resources and whilst I accept that luck has played a part in their success to suggest that it has all been based on luck could not be further from the truth. On the whole teams make their own luck in football. If you are not pressing the opposition they do not make mistakes or if you are not deliverying the ball into the oppositions penalty box then you are unlikely to score. Frousos pressured the inter defender he made a mistake and hey presto he got the opportunity to score a goal.

If your team work like maniacs and stick to the instructions their astute manager gives them then they always have a chance of an upset.

I am also sure that Panathinaikos have not been getting the breaks however and could easily have had at least another 3 points if they had just had a couple of bits of good fortune. But that is football.

For me the ideal scenario in this group would be for both Panathinaikos and Anorthosis to qualify but I think this is now impossible.

Personally I hope that teams from Greece and Cyprus are not drawn against each other in the future.

However, the team has been substantially helped out by luck. Im talking about Werder game, Sariegui, OSFP missing sitters, and Inter's catastrophe.

What are you talking about? Weder missed many half-chances and a couple of chances, but no real sitters. As for Sarriegui, since when has an opponents ineptness been luck? You beat what's in front of you, it's not Ano's, Iraklis' or Ergotelis' fault that PAO can't defend, that's not down to luck it's down to PAO's lack of defensive quality. And what sitters did OSFP miss exactly? 35 yard shots? When did they get in behind Ano's defense? Except for the penalty OSFP didn't have any sitters, even the goal was a shot from distance that had a freak curl on it.

Of course there's been luck, but there always is. Just like PAO had luck yesterday. So I'll just repeat what I've already said... Yes Ano had luck when Torosidis scored an own goal to give Ano the lead, but no one mentions Bardon's world class cross to Sosin, or Ano's movement of the ball prior to Laban's goal.

Yes Ano benefitted from Sarriegui's own goal, but no one mentions Savio's fantastic deliveries that resulted in stunning headers from Dobrasinovic and Taher. Or the fact that PAO were lucky to be gifted the penalty against Ano because a defender handled the ball when under no pressure.

Yes Ano benefitted from terrible defending today, but no one says Inter were lucky because Beqaj gifted the Italians 3 goals. Or that Materazzi's goal was a clear foul that was ignored, or that Quaresma dived to win the free kick that led to Cruz's late equalizer, or that Taher was brought down in the box after going around the goalkeeper but no penalty was given. Or that Ano had 5 key players missing today (Dellas, Savio, Sosin, Nicolaou, and Skopelitis wasn't fit enough to start).

Could you imagine what sort of showing PAO would put in against if you had Karagounis, Gilberto, Simao, Ivan, and Mantzios missing? You'd have copped at least 6 guaranteed. Anyway, we'll see how PAO perform in the San Siro, maybe you guys are right, PAO is an omadara and Ano is lucky. PAO will win 0-3 and Ano's luck will run out, so we'll lose 0-5. Then we'll come to OAKA and you'll beat us 3-0. That's just before your omadara goes on to win the CL. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Anorthosis seem to have a great streak of luck. Its not ALL their results count on, but like I said you guys have it on your side way more than what is even close to normal.

PAO did not have a lot of luck yesterday man,

WE were the ones cursing out the ball first half and before that 1-0. When you blow out a team 3-0 make all the good chances and even look for a 4th, no thats not at all the" same kind of luck" But we made that luck. Inter handing you a free goal that is something youd see in Junior football is not the same thing, and neither is clearing a simple throw in right into the bottom corner of their own goal..Having another team trip over their shoelaces and run the ball half way into their own net for you to finish off is what luck I am talking about....

Sitters I were referring to were in Karaiskaki stadium not the first game if OSFP hit one it could have gone extra time...

Lady Luck will leave you for PAO, afterall we appreciate her a lot more in her absence!

Of course there's been luck, but there always is. Just like PAO had luck yesterday.

Can you clarify PAO'S luck yesterday ,since i really didnt see much luck in the Mantzios goal or the Karagounis world class rocket of a shot... Please fill us in on the 3-0 luck :blink:
well sort of....Karagkounis could not make that shot every time B)

however Manztios goal was well set up, beautifully struck and all skill. Im getting excited by Mantzios, his German season did him better off, must have made him more competitive as a player and were seeing what we want out of him......he runs, he moves, hes deadly in the air and can finish on the ground and control ..... Hes definitley our #1 striker right now (for a lone position) and if this keeps up...he could absolutley make the ethniki, afterall Lyberopoulos is useless and Xaristeas can be bested.......

Rehagel was at the game, maybe he noted this ? :)

The one thing i have to say, is as ''horrible'' as we apparently are, we went into germany, into a teams home ground, and didnt give up ONE scoring chance... NOT ONE. it was a perfect game all around.

Even in their wildest dreams, fans from other supposed ''better'' teams would dream about playing such a perfect game. From the point where we were unlucky, missing three classic chances before the first goal, to the point where we gave a team that is known for their dangerous offence, ZERO chances.

Not to mention that yesterday was the biggest win in an away game in the champions league in History for a greek team.

And while our fiercest rivals were laughing at us for winning games in the uefa cup the last few years against teams like FC Copenhagen, Artmedia and Mlada Boleslav, they have trouble stringin two passes together against Galatasaray.

Again, I dont mean any offence to the other clubs fans, but let us celebrate this achievement that no other greek team has done so far...

Thank you

To continue an earlier conversation (a month ago I think), we are beginning to learn what Panathinaikos is made of.

The game against Werder gave us a good idea of the "upper limits" of the club. There were several games this season when we played excellent football (Inter, the other Werder game) and some games when we were ok. We also had some atrocious games (AEK, Anorthosi).

In the other games when Panathinaikos played good football, many we lost. What was different against Werder was the team's concentration and patience.

In previous games the team seemed too hyper. There were times when they looked desparate even if they were ahead in the score. I am sure Ten Cate pushes them to attack, but against Werder the team and the coach seemed to strike a balance. The formation with the 3 CMs made us more patient by default, and helped achieve this much coveted balance.

We moved the ball forward, but we were not reckless. As a result, we made three goals and conceded none.

Can Panathinaikos play better? I think they can. Can they play at this level all the time? I don't think so. It's hard to keep a team focused in the Greek league when they have to play 70% weaker competition. That's why I think reducing the league teams to 10 or 12 would benefit the quality of all the Greek teams.

This was a really enjoyable game to watch. I liked the concentration, the pace, and the smarts of our team. I liked the power and the skill. I liked the conditioning and I suspect the work done in the summer is going to pay dividends.

Having said all that, I'll repeat what I said in the beginning of the season. It's normal for new (and young) teams to exhibit wild variations in performance. There will be some abysmal games, and some awesome games if the quality is there. Now I know the quality is in place. It will just take a little time and a little patience to stabilize at this high level.

Brother Cyber I agree.. As per usual...

I can honestly say that after this win... I am completely ready to be patient the rest of the season, title or not and let this man 10 Cate do his JOB.

Patience is a virtue.

Like i mentioned earlier...

This season, we made GREAT STRIDES forward as opposed to baby steps backwards

Archived