Phantis Forums

Werder- PAO

athinaios

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I know what the problem is. I got the hell out of the forum and we scored three. And I 'm happy I did, because I would have to call Drakos, whom of course I still love, all sort of names for saying that Gilberto was horrendous! Horrendous!!!!! The man had the perfect game. As did most of our guys. Especially Simao who won't stay with us for long. I 'm not celebrating any more because I am a PAO fan and I 'll act cool. Ano-Inter 3-3 FT. Werder have to take a result in Cyprus if we want to have a chance of beating them at home and go through. Well done, moving on to OSFP now.

See the time you barley hear Vyntras name is when that kid does good lol.

thats because he bareley does good

we can be thankful, that he had his one occasional good game tonight.....

PAO will be swarming to go to Inter, if anybody sees ticket information for this game PAO section please let me know...

GreenTitus- Open your eyes man. gilberto had a perfect game? im sorry but poor decision making, VERY slow reactions on the ball, and costing posessions likee no other does not make a perfect game. We are happy about the win, but seriously....Gilberto was perfect??? Not really, not even close.

Drakos, whatever, man. In this case, even your totally shortsighted and off the mark comments can't ruin it for me. What can I say about Gilberto? That he was spreading the play ingeniously? That he was covering perfectly at the back? That he ran like no 32 year-old normally can? That he was the extra player in the box so many times? That he made 2-3 razor-like through balls? That he was not once beaten to the ball? I 'll just say it again. Whatever... In any case, the whole team was great with Simao excelling during the whole game.

Cyber, I said 'act' man. I 'm unbelievably happy.

Gilberto had an excellent game BTW. Sure he looks slow to the ordinary eye, but:

1- Watch how he moves the team up and down the field with his positioning. He is the "libero". He knows when to move up (so the defense and the forwards move accordingly), and when to fold back the defense.

2- He had enough through balls today in empty space to have moved this score to astronomical numbers. His distribution was exactly what I had hopped when he signed.

3- Watch how he didn't over-celebrate the third goal. He gives the "ping" that keeps everyone in check. His experience is so important in our young team.

Simao is an amazing story. 20 year old with the maturity of a veteran. He is never rattled and is equally good defending and holding the ball. He can pass with both feet, and is very quick to the ball.

The only problem is that Ano scored two unbelievable flukes to once again avoid defeat in the hands of a much better team. This entails that beating them at home won't be enough unless they draw or lose to Werder at home. In any case, if we don't go through, I will be sad for that but happy that Ano will take our place. But we have a huge chance and let's not forget that if we keep this up we could claim sthing at Meaza.

PS: Niko, I already said I loved Drakos (and he very astutely pointed out that I should open my eyes!) so I obviously adore you, Cyber and the rest of the guys.

The only problem is that Ano scored two unbelievable flukes to once again avoid defeat in the hands of a much better team.

Ano got a bit of luck with their goals but the refs were disgraceful in that game. Inter's second goal was a clear foul and their 3rd came from a free kick that was a blatant dive. Also, Taher should have had a penalty which wasn't given. So yes Ano scored 2 lucky goals, but their good luck was within the realms of the rules, whereas Ano's bad luck came because of poor officiating. So let's not get on Ano's back, let's just enjoy PAO's win.

On a side note, great prediction DUDE! :LOL:

Inter looked atrocious in the back....bad news for PAO to be next....

Anorthosis goals were all 3 total gifts. Inter deserved the win. I am hoping Anorthosis and Bremen go to a tie, this way PAO has Anorthosis in OAKA and with a win could go through!

Maybe when i close my eyes Gilberto does something right. What bothers me, is his total wastes of posessions, and when he has the ball, his decision making is too slow.

A through ball doesnt count as a statistic man. A through ball is common sense football. Maybe Im special and talented and think there easy because there easy for me to spot and complete.

Anyways.......glad to see people noticing what a fantastic addition Simao was to this club. He came as a 19 year old and hes already got maturity of a veteran. Give the kid a new contract, IMO i have been saying since last year, hes unconstestedly the best young DM in Greece.

Give the kid a new contract, IMO i have been saying since last year, hes unconstestedly the best young DM in Greece.

They did restructure his contract this summer. I think he was one of the first that was called. I can't remember numbers but I think they tripled his income. He is signed through summer 2012. If any team wants him hey'll have to pay dearly, but what's important is that he will be a PAO fixture for years to come.

First of all, Simao signed a new contract 3 months ago. Second of all, this

A through ball doesnt count as a statistic man. A through ball is common sense football. Maybe Im special and talented and think there easy because there easy for me to spot and complete.

is the quote of the year. After this, I promise you, my friend, that I 'll never argue with you again. Apologies, goodnight and good luck.

Euro2004, I said I didn't mean to take anything away from Ano. I just said that their goals -especially the second one!- were unrealistically lucky. Just imagine what we 'd say if Inter had scored goals like that.

And sthing I owe Mantzios. His game tonight was excellent. And it would have been even if he hadn't scored. Passion, pressure, composure, hustle and a goal. Also, I was delighted to finally see a big game from Spyro who had been very unimpressive so far this season. Simao and Tziolis were splendid, as everyone saw.

PS: not all that important but PAO has, as of today, the biggest Greek away win in the CL in terms of goal margin.

EDIT: Damn you Cyber, you 're just too fast for me.

Inter looked atrocious in the back....bad news for PAO to be next....

Anorthosis goals were all 3 total gifts. Inter deserved the win. I am hoping Anorthosis and Bremen go to a tie, this way PAO has Anorthosis in OAKA and with a win could go through!

Maybe when i close my eyes Gilberto does something right. What bothers me, is his total wastes of posessions, and when he has the ball, his decision making is too slow.

Anyways.......glad to see people noticing what a fantastic addition Simao was to this club. He came as a 19 year old and hes already got maturity of a veteran. Give the kid a new contract, IMO i have been saying since last year, hes unconstestedly the best young DM in Greece.

I didn't get to see PAO today, but watched the whole Ano game and Ano def deserved the 3 points. They completely dominated Inter in the 2nd half and 2 of the goals they conceded shouldn't have been allowed the and Ano should have won a penalty.

Just saw Karagounis' goal. What a strike!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't seen PAO's goals, were they good?

Mantzios' goal was beautiful

Kara's goal was for the CL reel highlights. Won't be surprised if it's voted the best of the century (ok, maybe I am a little too excited). In Kara's goal, watch this Werder #14. What the heck is he doing? Who is he? I hope Olympiakos signs him :LOL:

Tziolis's goal was good hustle by everyone, and a lucky bounce in the end.

Yeah, Mantzios' goal was what we say in Greek centerforisio. Good cut in the box, good first touch to find the space and an excellent finish. Kara's shot was poetry in curling motion. The third was a result not only if the hustle at that particular point but also of the hustle they applied all night long. The Werder players were so tired and frustrated that they more or less scored that owngoal to put the game beyond doubt and go home as early as possible.

A guy just said on the radio sthing that I totally subscribe to: the way Gilberto contributes to the passing game by always sending the ball where it should go in order to diminish the chance that his teammates will turn it over cannot be easily appreciated by us who watch the game on TV. So it's not about the through balls all that much. It's all about this ball movement that this guy gives us and the way he takes advantage of our overall movement which is -finally!- good. HTC himself said that now they all know what they have to do and the team will look much better in the future.

the goals dont work :(

A through ball in theory is simple. In greece however, its rare and often times a giveaway

They do work Niko but they take ages to load atm ... everyone is on their site checking for all the European goals so they have too much traffic for the connection they have ... which makes it extremely slow. They should load fine in a couple of hours. Maybe someone posts them on YouTube by then.

Archived