Phantis Forums

Ireland-Cyprus

Omonoia9

The last game here ended in a draw which flattered the Republic. As things stand right now, the (southern) Irish are boasting that they have improved immensely and are ready for revenge.

Locally, Eire are given as 1/3 favourites which means bookies expect a 2 or 3 goal differential victory. I think our neighbours will be in for another surprise... :rolleyes:

The last game here ended in a draw which flattered the Republic. As things stand right now, the (southern) Irish are boasting that they have improved immensely and are ready for revenge.

Locally, Eire are given as 1/3 favourites which means bookies expect a 2 or 3 goal differential victory. I think our neighbours will be in for another surprise... :rolleyes:

I think the Irish are favourites. We've been playing well and failing to win which isn't a good sign. If we're playing well here for instance and the score is 0-0 after 60mins our players may get a psychological block.

Overstating the importance of this game is impossible. If we lose forget qualifying. If we draw we'll HAVE to beat Bulgaria, Montenegro and Ireland at home and get results against the first 2 away. If we win, the dream is back on! :tup:

IRISH XI

1 Shay GIVEN (GK)

2 Paul McSHANE

3 Kevin KILBANE

4 John O SHEA

5 Richard DUNNE

6 Glenn WHELAN

7 Aidan McGEADY

8 Darron GIBSON

9 Kevin DOYLE

10 Robbie KEANE

11 Damien DUFF