Phantis Forums

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Genome

• 3 weeks later...

Game's been out for a week or so and I have to say I'm slightly disappointed ... although I still favor PES over FIFA :D. Looks ok graphically but the gameplay's not really improved. Will post some ingame screens when I find the time :)!

Does PES have official Champions League rights?

How would it work though, beacuse the old PES didnt have nearly enough leagues to play a full CL league in Manager Mode? But that champions league thing looks pretty cool

Fixed your link ;) - Genome

Even an article on uefa.com:

UEFA Champions League PES 2009 out now

The new PES 2009 video game features – for the first time – European football's blue-riband club competition, the UEFA Champions League.

Exclusive four-year licensing deal

The game is part of an exclusive four-year licensing deal between Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd and UEFA. PES 2009 will feature exclusive elements and attributes of the competition to create a unique UEFA Champions League mode within the game. "The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world," said UEFA. "We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami."

Source + full article.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived