Phantis Forums

Ten Cate: GO BYE BYE

Clover22

listen, he's a coach who needs top get used to our league, our players and the whole football climate in Greece. I think he probably has come across the whole laisse faire attitude of our league players and is probably trying different combinations in the hope that things and players stablize. This will not only take time but also several changes in players.

My hope is that he does not give up on the Greek players or perhaps even more importantly, the Greek players adopt his disciplined style of play and strategy. If not, we will end up like Arsenal where most if not all the team were foreigners. The price to pay for success?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Greek teams need to start keeping coaches in their position for the year. By greek standards, none of the great coaches would succeed in Greece. Pao has played well at times and have been unlucky as well. Today, they missed 2-3 bunnies. The coach cant kick the ball in the net...

Also, as superleague fans, we have to realize that the "smaller" teams have become alot stronger than they have been in the past. There are very few "easy" games anymore. Thats good for the league and competition... but bad for coaches due to the impatient greek nature

listen, he's a coach who needs top get used to our league, our players and the whole football climate in Greece. I think he probably has come across the whole laisse faire attitude of our league players and is probably trying different combinations in the hope that things and players stablize. This will not only take time but also several changes in players.

My hope is that he does not give up on the Greek players or perhaps even more importantly, the Greek players adopt his disciplined style of play and strategy. If not, we will end up like Arsenal where most if not all the team were foreigners. The price to pay for success?

ok so why dont we just play with our youth team then?

i am sure they would have as many points as thoose clowns we have in the 1st team.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know if i agreed with that Gabriel - Salpi substitution

:LOL: :P :P :P

Salpi came in for Kara

Tziolis came in for Gabriel

Ruka came in for Mantzios

I agreed with all the moves

Hes learning the talent or lack of talent, he deserves the chance to fully know the team

it was a joke..i actually agreed with all the moves he did...forgot that salpi cam on for kara though........

Ten Cate did great yesterday, I like that system too. We should play it more often, even against weaker teams. Because shutting off the other team, just works better for us, and we do have the talent up front to put goals in against smaller teams than Inter too.

Ten Cate Has helped pao play two of its best away games in CL history.

I mean lets not take anything away from AJAX-PAO 0-1..... We were completely outclassed that game. Dominated from A to Z. We should of lost 5-0. We didnt. They missed a busload of chances and we scored a great goal on the counter...

In Werder and in Inter, we didnt allow many chances. Two against Inter and 1 against Werder. Oh. We also managed to score 4 goals in those two games. He is four and a half months int his reign at pao and he already has made us a team that won two away games in the cl and are 1 win away from making the 16.

In greece, he said it best in the interview.

Players dont put as much faith in the system in greece, especially against smaller teams.. they all want to score an individual goal and win the game. although even with the losses, I dotn think our performances were horrible.

Look back.

We lost 3-2 to ergotelis in a game where we had 19 shots, and they had 4. they scored 3.we scored 2. This in no way excuses us or the players or Ten Cate for that matter, but we were up 1-0 at halftime.

Against iraklis same thing. We miss a busload of chances and they score on their only two chances. we should of scored 7 in that game insted, we tie the gme in the 92nd.

Larisa same thing. we slept throughout the first half. wake up after we conceed and missed at least 3 more goal and not to mention 2 non penalty calls.

Paok in Toumba, where they have been a force, we allowed 0 chances. Clear penalty on Mantzios not given and gabriel with a great shot that chalkias saved with difficulty.

We are not far off, and i believe that with a few signings and more importantly some time, we can achieve good things under Ten Cate.

I dont thin Xanthi will last long up there. They have to go to Aris, Toumba, Oly, Aek and PAo in the second round.

PAOK have ARIS, PAO and AEK away not to mention ''little'' teams like larisa, panionio and xanthi.

Heck even Oly have to go to AEK, TOUMBA, Larisa, Panionio, Tripoli and have to face us in Karaiskaki where, IN THE SL, they havent beaten us in 3 years..

Nothing is finished. But, no one said that we would win the championship and dominate simply with 15 million dollars of new players.. You have to build a team... it takes time...

However, Getting rid of Seric, Romero, Morris, Pap, Postiga, Darlas and dimoutso was a good start...

I agree with Drakos...

I LOVE the 3-5-2 system..3-6-1 its all the same..

3 in the back at all time... 3cbs....

u have ur two wing backs puching up along with 4 other forwards that can help u create.. in a system like that, u can always have four back with the 3cbs and one dm stayin closer to his goal...

in a 3-5-2, against smaller teams, u can have spyro and Gabriel plays as ur wing backs and have a midfield of Ivan Gilberto and Kara with maybe Salpi and Mantzio up front.. Throw in a Petropoulos... whatever..

Ninis, Cleyton, Mattos, Christodoulopoulos can all come off the bench...

Everyone always said that our force was in the midfield this year with simao, gilberto, mattos, tziolis, ivan, Kara, Cleyton, ninis, Christodou. Gabriel..

Why not use it.. Put 6 of them out there every game.....

Archived