26 Nuno Morais

10 Charalampidis

11 Kosowski

23 Helio Pinto

24 Kontis

33 Michail

80 Onwuachi

Schalke 0-1 APOEL HT

So Schalke leads 4-2 on aggregate, APOEL probably not moving on, but they are winning this match, and even that would help further Cypriot football.

Schalke 0-1 APOEL HT

So Schalke leads 4-2 on aggregate, APOEL probably not moving on, but they are winning this match, and even that would help further Cypriot football.

1-1, free kick by Pander, 57 mins.

Poor goalkeeping by Chiotis, he should have saved it.

I was about to type: "a win would be great for Cyprus in terms of coef points" <_<

In the first half APOEL were excellent. Scored early and easily kept Shalke at bay. If the final ball had been better perhaps APOEL may have doubled their lead. In the 2nd half though they've played with a complete lack of belief. Only Haralambidis has been positive. The rest are playing with a lack of belief. Maybe I'm expecting too much, after all the damage was done in the first leg and APOEL have the derby against Omonoia at the weekend. Nonetheless I'm disappointed by their refusal to send bodies forward in the 2nd half.

Despite this, the APOEL fans have been great. Shalke is renowned for creating great atmospheres, but right now all I can hear is APOEL's rendition of "horto magiko" :tup: :gr:

Archived