Phantis Forums

Anorthosis-Panathinaikos

DUDE

congrats to my 2nd favourite CL team......

i dont want to take away from it, but this was pretty much entirely a self destruction from PAO.......PAO is in effect out after 2 games. I feel like I never want to watch football again. We have a horrible bunch of dickhole managment who screwed us over on our 100th birthday.

Ano were a bit lucky today, theres no way you could say they deserved 3 goals out of this match.... but they held it together so at least thats good. I was planning to go to Milano to watch PAO play.......I think I would rather see Anorthosis...... PAO is out/will be officially elimnated by that matchday, and besides I dont watn to get all excited only to leave at half time when were down 3-0 .........

At least your ahead of Werder in points. But Ano didnt impress me to the point of being able to make it out..but you never know....If they tie Inter, then Anorthosis will be in huge position to go through IMO, even more so if PAO can some how hold Bremen to a draw in OAKA.

good luck in Milano, i hope to be joining the fans of the only team doing the Greek people proud in Europe! :gr:

PAO built a good team over the summer, I wonder where the results are. Perhaps chemistry issues, I'm not sure. For this match I was a bit torn. Sure I love Cyprus, but to get here, Anorthosi took the place of Olympiakos, which is NOT cool! The gains Cypriot football have made this summer are huge. It's a shame Greek football is in major trouble as a result. Hopefully Olympiakos finishes Nordsjaelland off tomorrow, and has a good run in the UEFA Cup.

correction. We built HALF a good team. And your only as good as your worst part.......

Our defense, I would literally (and this is before Ano game too) not rate our back line in the top 6 of the Superleague. Embarassing.

when we are longing to see Gkoumas, Morris and even Ilias Kotsios back there....

I really hope Sariegui and Vyntra get injured and cant play for the rest of the season. Its the only way to protect PAO from the stupidities of HTC, as well as the Ethniki from the stupidties of Rehagel who for some reason wants Loukas Vyntra on his team. By far the worst player, to ever get so much playing time at PAO and consideration from big clubs, and the national team I think I have ever seen.

Congratulations again Anorthosis :tup:

Thanks! :tup:

I can't believe what I'm witnessing to be honest! Ano have played 2 won and have 4 points in the CL! :LOL: I've got to give a special thumbs up to Taher, he looks like a fantastic player. He was brilliant against Weder and was very good today, scoring a great goal.

Still though I saw some things I didn't like:

1) We panicked in defence and kept giving the ball away. If PAO weren't so inept going forward we would have been punished.

2) The team looked fatigued in the first half :unsure: The 2nd was much better but we weren't pressing properly and at times were dropping a little too deep.

3) Paolo Costa is an abysmal player, KEEP BARDON IN THE TEAM GAMOTO!!!

Overall it was a great result though and these are moments that will go down in Cypriot football history.

A big congrats to Anorthosis, what a result! :tup:

Anorthosis claim Greek double on glory night

Cypriot titleholders Anorthosis Famagusta FC celebrated the nation's independence day in style by beating Group B rivals Panathinaikos FC in Nicosia for their country's first win in the UEFA Champions League group stage.

Full article on uefa.com.

Archived