Phantis Forums

Fifa 09

Genome

It's about 99% sure that there will be no Greek league in FIFA 09... sad when you see which other leagues are included (for example: Australian, Czech, Mexican, Polish, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish ...)

The demo that was released yesterday showed most of the logos of the leagues that will be included.

So the only Greek teams we'll see this year will probably be OSFP, and then AEK or PAO.

It's about 99% sure that there will be no Greek league in FIFA 09... sad when you see which other leagues are included (for example: Australian, Czech, Mexican, Polish, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish ...)

The demo that was released yesterday showed most of the logos of the leagues that will be included.

So the only Greek teams we'll see this year will probably be OSFP, and then AEK or PAO.

Just to add to this the Greek teams will be PAO,Oly,AEK and PAOK. Here is the article:

• 3 weeks later...

It is 'til you've played PES! :P

Is there anyone that's played both PES and FIFA, what are your opinions?

I like PES a lot and have got the last 3 versions, but this years online play (for PS3) sucks.

I'm going to wait till the new PES 2009 comes out and rent it first. If the online play is as horrible as PES 2008, then I'm going to have to get FIFA.

For PES, have you guys done the Master League? I took Olympiakos and threw them into the English Premier League. Now I dominate over teams like Chelsea and Man Utd. :P

Yup, have done the master league, with AEK. Currently have Ibrahimovic, Adriano and Iniesta playing for me :D.

:LOL:

Funny what teams can do with smart management :P

Anyways Ive played both, and I personally like the Fifa. PES is a very good game too, but the online is terrible. I dont know about the Fifa online cause ive only played it at my buddys, but does anyone know if its anygood?

Evalagoal, is taht for PS3? If so ill add you, my username is paxiotis.

How come Fifa 09 comes out two weeks later in North America, then it does in europe? Its stupied, because Im pretty sure the games are made here. I went to the store today and was shocked not too see it, meanwhile we have all the basketball, hockey, golf and vlakies, when those sports seasons havent even started yet. Meanwhile, some soccer leagues have been on for like 6-7 weeks now. Ea have got to sort it out.

Anyways, Im downloading the demo right now, probably wont play it tonight, but ill see what its like tommorw.

IMO the FIFA games are a scam. If I may rant a bit.....

Every year there is a new one but with so many stupid flaws, mistakes... They dont improve the series, they never have and likely never will. EA doesnt apply themselves, and they certainly never take interest in what the game player likes about the game.

I feel like 1 year, theyll have really cool feature in the game - the next year - theyll adds something, then take out another feature you liked.......it gets quite annoying, you never get a complete version of what you want in FIFA.

I remember in 2003, was one of the better FIFA, because it had stadiums, editors, and the fans did cool things like light flares. What happened to that? that has to be the easiest frikkin graphic to put in. Make the fans exciting and part of the games atmosphere rather than a 2d backdrop....Good ideas..taken away ? Remember 97 how fun the indoor game was too? Was that necesray to take away something gamers enjoyed?

There is really, a total of zero excuses that EA Sports should have for not making the game as authentic as possible. Later they finally started taking chants from the stadiums real ones and putting them into the game. The editor in 2003 allowed you to insert your own art for stadium banners, insert your own wav files for chants.....these are the sort of things that need to persist. Give users the ability to customize their teams to be authentic, because frankly EA Sports is completly clueless.

Also, one of the most pathetic things in the history of sports gaming, was UEFA Champions League Series of EA Sports, that was in 2007.

Did anybody play this game? They boast authentic this that, and they DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE DESIGN OF OAKA.....nevermind that its a major european stadium---- it was the FINAL venue of that tournament, and its a very characteristic stadium, they didnt even make an EFFORT to put it in. IMO, thats all the proof I need. Not putting in Spiros Louis while 2 major teams play there, and even the CL Final was there.......Its just sad. It shows, that they dont make new games, they make series and in each series they are ripping off the material from existing versions and adding a few quirks to repakage the game as new. IMO, dont buy this game. Torrents, and download the bootleg.. Not having the Olympic Stadium which was the final - goes to show that they dont care. EA Sports has all the resources in the world in the video game industry, and they dont even bother doing more than a half assed job. The "new FIFA" version is guaranteed sales each year. Why bother.....

If you guys ever played NHL series, youd realize that the FIFA people could give less than half of a damn about the quality or innovation in the FIFA game product. NHL games are perfectiong - the commentary is very fluid and specific (as oposed to painfully generic crap in FIFA), graphics, atmospheres, gameplay, crowds - its an amazing game......they put a lot into that series, and its incredible. EA Sports should raise the bar for all their games to be like that.

I dont mind that EA sports sucks, but the crappy part is that no other game company can fairly compete with them, since the rights can be owned exclusivley to things like badges and team names, which is just really really stupid and anti-competitive. So the only authentic product one can get, is at the mercy of whatever garbage EA Sports FIFA version produces that year.

Dont pay them until they make a decent game and put some effort into it!

Ya drakos, good post, I also agree with everything you said.

Imo Fifa 2001 was the best ever, with 97 then 99 then 98 closely behind. But since then its all been crap. 05 if you remember was ridiculous, how you have to start in division 4 england or something?? Ridiculous.

The Oaka not being in the CL game is the dumbest thing ive ever herd.

The nhl games are very good I have to agree. Out of all the games Ea makes, NBA, Fifa, NFL, Baseball, I bet the NHL makes the least money. Hockey has the smallest popularity out of all those games, so in order to sell the NHL games, they actually have too make them good. That makes sense no?

Anyways, I still think im gonna give FIFA 09. Im going to rent it or something, but I wont buy it yet. I got the demo, and the in game play is pretty good. Its made improvements since 07.

I dont mind that EA sports sucks, but the crappy part is that no other game company can fairly compete with them, since the rights can be owned exclusivley to things like badges and team names, which is just really really stupid and anti-competitive. So the only authentic product one can get, is at the mercy of whatever garbage EA Sports FIFA version produces that year.

Dont pay them until they make a decent game and put some effort into it!

Yes this is true. For example, Madden has dominated for years. Then NFL2K series (later named ESPN football) came out around 2000 and I can easily say it was much better than Madden. Everyone I knew that bought it never went back to Madden. It was the only football game that rivaled EA's version, and and then they just stopped making it!

I guess they simply couldn't compete with all the kids raised on the Madden series and refusing to try something different.

"Madden" is a brand name for football as "FIFA" is a brand name for soccer, and attaching the "EA" name has made them the most popular video game sports company in the world.

Anyways, about the NHL game you guys mentioned. I saw previews for it last week and it looks really cool. I'm not even that big into hockey, and I think I'm going to get it. Is the online play any good for PS3?

Nhl 08 for ps3 online was very good so unless they screw up royally, it shouldnt be bad.

And ya I agree with you on the 2K games. I always got them. I dont like madden at all. Its kind of weird. I havnt bought an NFL game but I never liked the madden games.

PS bluestriker are you going to buy Fifa09? Cause if you do, Im down to some online play.

I'll probably rent it when it comes out and give it a try. I got one of those rental subscriptions, so I'll test it out before buying. We'll play online when I get it.

I still got PES 2008, so we can play that too even though the online play sucks. I was really disappointed with how PES turned out online, that was my favorite online game back when I had the PS2. I usually just play Call of Duty 4 online for now.

Don't know any site like that. If you want that for OSFP, here they are for the starting 11:

Nikopolidis 78

Torosidis 74

Antzas 75

A. Papadopoulos 74

Leonardo 71

Dudu Coarense 74

Leto 77

Djordjevic 77

Belluschi 78

Kovacevic 78

Diogo 77

Not bad ratings. Diogo could have been higher but I bet you he has a lot of potential.

Thanks alot genome.

Could I ask for one favor though... do you know Gallettis rating? and who is the highest rated on the ethniki?

I'm sorry, I made one mistake in the ratings above.

Leto should be replaced with Galletti (there you go :D) so Galleti has 77. Leto is not in FIFA's starting eleven for OSFP, but he has a rating of 73.

Highest player rating on the Ethniki goes to AEK's Kyrgiakos with 79, followed by PAO's Salpingidis with 78. Then there's a bunch of players with 77 so no clear third spot :).

Archived