Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

Well I finally got a chance to the difference betweem ERT World(Sat), the one we have on Bel Fibe and the one I have via my android box. It appears that the one e get here in Canada is ERT 1/HD and its actually fromn Greece not some "Canadian version. The video is live and the same. The only other one is 4E which also is live. I'm not sure how OTN/Soundview are getting the feeds for those two channels. The other Greek channels ANT1/Star/Mega/Alpha/RIK Sat are different. Now that I saw whats available(63 channels in my caSE) i'm wondering how many more Grek Channels might show up in Canada/US?

Wonder if

OTN might bring in ERT 2 & 3?

Soundview/Ethnic Channel; Group might bering one of the others?

Some of these channels sem interesting?

Kodi. There are 63 channels, not all work at the same time some are blank screens some break up once and a while. The box is called X96. It has english and tons of other ethnic channels I believe the box is |"hacked"

• 7 months later...

Looks like ERT is ready to sell the rights to ERT World and 5 radio stations for the next three years for the US market. 

ΠΡΟΣΚΛΗΣΗ ΥΠΟΒΟΛΗΣ ΠΡΟΣΦΟΡΩΝ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΠΑΡΑΧΩΡΗΣΗ ΤΟΥ ΑΠΟΚΛΕΙΣΤΙΚΟΥ ΔΙΚΑΙΩΜΑΤΟΣ ΜΕΤΑΔΟΣΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΚΜΕΤΑΛΛΕΥΣΗΣ ΤΟΥ ΡΑΔΙΟΤΗΛΕΟΠΤΙΚΟΥ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΟΣ ERTWorld ΣΤΙΣ ΗΠΑ

Η ΕΡΤ Α.Ε. προτίθεται να συνάψει Σύμβαση με αντικείμενο την παραχώρηση του αποκλειστικού δικαιώματος μετάδοσης και εκμετάλλευσης του τηλεοπτικού προγράμματός της με τίτλο «ERTWorld» και των πέντε ραδιοφωνικών προγραμμάτων της (Φωνή της Ελλάδας, Πρώτο, Δεύτερο, Τρίτο Πρόγραμμα και ΕΡΑ Σπορ) με φυσικό πρόσωπο ή νομικό πρόσωπο όπως Πάροχο (πλατφόρμες Υπηρεσιών Διανομής Οπτικοακουστικών και Ραδιοφωνικών Μέσων ή παρεμφερείς), και/ή διανομείς/συναθροιστές περιεχομένου που θα αναλάβει την διανομή, εκπομπή και εκμετάλλευση των ανωτέρω προγραμμάτων μέσω δορυφορικών, καλωδιακών και IPTV συνδρομητικών δικτύων (συνδρομητικές πλατφόρμες) στη γεωγραφική περιοχή των Ηνωμένων Πολιτειών της Αμερικής, για 3 έτη από την ημερομηνία υπογραφής της σχετικής Σύμβασης Παραχώρησης, με μονομερές εκ μέρους της ΕΡΤ Α.Ε. δικαίωμα παράτασης για ίσο ή μικρότερο διάστημα κάθε φορά. Τα ως άνω προγράμματα (ένα τηλεοπτικό και πέντε ραδιοφωνικά) θα ενσωματώνονται στο δορυφορικό σήμα της ERTWorld.

http://company.ert.gr/diagonismoi/προσκληση-υποβολησ-προσφορων-για-την/

• 8 months later...

Soundview Broadcasting LLC has acquired the distribution rights for ERT World and five ERT radio stations. The company also distributes MEGA Cosmos, Alpha Sat and Star.

I expect ERT World to end up back on Dishnetwork sooner than later.

Interesting? I wonder how this will effect Canada?

If I'm not mistaken I do believe there are 3 companies that own rights to Greek programming in Canada?

Ethnic Channel Group LTD

OTN(Odessey Television Network

Soundview(not sure if its the same company or related or different then the US one?

In any case it'll be interesting to see if there are any changes in Canada as we presently have(on either Sat,Fibe{IPTV},or cable)

4E

Star

RIK Sat

Alpha Sat

Mega Cosmo

Greek Muisic(Mad)

NGTV(New York)

Sports+

OTN(ANT1)

ERT Sat

2 Greek Radio stations out of Toronto?

Edited by MCIBUS