Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

ERT has revamped their TV schedule web site. ERT-Sat is now called ERT World. However it is till does not provide separate schedules for the European feed and North American/Australian feeds. They are sticking to the European feed schedule.

Check the programming page here:

http://www.ert.gr/tvradio/programsat.asp

Here is information about ERT World:

http://www.ert.gr/tvradio/profil.asp?id=11

ERT has revamped their TV schedule web site. ERT-Sat is now called ERT World. However it is till does not provide separate schedules for the European feed and North American/Australian feeds. They are sticking to the European feed schedule.

Check the programming page here:

http://www.ert.gr/tvradio/programsat.asp

Here is information about ERT World:

http://www.ert.gr/tvradio/profil.asp?id=11

Unbelievable!! <_<

How friggin' hard is it to create a seperate schedule for each area?? Mega does it , Antenna does it so why the hell can't ERT do it as well?? What's with the name change, I like ERT Sat better. :tdown:

If you go to ERT Sat it takes you the old site where its called ERT Sat but the schedule is current.

Very interesting article Kolossos. I can only hope that some of the things it talks about will actually realise. I specifically like the fact that they will try to secure rights to CL and national team games.

Its now April,

I still see ERT Sat on the screen, I thought it is supposed to be called ERT World as of April '06??

Also, interesting article posted below, good to see that the regionalized schedules are indeed coming - in the fall, but they are still coming. I take back my earlier critisism, I should have known that it would happen but in typical Greek fashion not until the last moment! :D

Great news also about ERT trying to get the rights to the CL and the much hoped for games of our Ethniki :tup: I hope they are successful and that it won't result in them jacking up the price of the channel in order to help pay for these games.

Looks like ERT is going to become my favourite channel, even more so then before! Great changes, keep it up ERT! Its about time they finally acknowledged the Omogenia.

:gr:

Interesting :)

I just noticed that you guys in the USA don't get ERT free like us here in OZ i would of thought ERT would be FTA on IA5 with the rest of the Globecast Channels as we get it with a small dish on Optus B3 FTA for a few years now

I hope this doesn't change and that you guys in the USA get ERT FTA on Ku Band also soon with all these changes ERT is making :)

Interesting :)

I just noticed that you guys in the USA don't get ERT free like us here in OZ i would of thought ERT would be FTA on IA5 with the rest of the Globecast Channels as we get it with a small dish on Optus B3 FTA for a few years now

I hope this doesn't change and that you guys in the USA get ERT FTA on Ku Band also soon with all these changes ERT is making :)

Sucks to be us Kolossos :tdown:

ERT World is FTA almost everywhere in the friggin' world except here in N. America, can anyone explain to me why?? Does it have to do with who has the distribution rights (which by the way I am still waiting for word on this :D ). I guess those who have the rights want to make money so only way is to charge people, if however that turns out to be Globecast I hope they do make it available on IA5.

:gr:

PAIDES einai FTA sto C BAND gia pollous

kai mhn 3exnate oti sthn ELLADA o kosmakhs thn plhrwnei (ERT) gia polla xronia

kai as vlepoun alla kanalia.

gia 8ymh8eite prin deka xronia ti eixate .................. tipota

gia tous agwnes akougate otan pairnate toys syggeneis sas sthn ellada kai efhmerida

thn trith.

na mhn eimaste axaristoi..................

PES TA RE bravomegale OLOI GRINIA EINAI EDW PERA . TETOIA AXARISTIA DEN EXW KSANADEI . ME 2 KANALIA (ERT & ANTENNA) BLEPOYME TA TELEYTAIA 2 XRONIA "LIVE" OLOYS TOYS ENTOS EDRAS AGWNES PANA8HNAIKOY,OLYMPIAKOY,AEK,PAOK,OFH KAI OLH TH DIORGANWSH TOY KYPELLOY ELLADOS . KI OLA AYTA ME 29,00$ TO MHNA . STH ELLADA KA8E POLITHS PLHRWNEI POLY PARA PANW ,MONO THN ERT, MESW TWN LOGARIASMWN TOY HLEKTRIKOY REYMATOS . ASE POY KATI MOY LEEI OTI APO SEPTEMBRH TA PRAGMATA 8A EINAI AKOMH KALYTERA EITE ME THN ELEYSH TOY ALPHA EITE ME EKPLHKSEIS APO THN ERT . FTANEI PIA H GRINIA !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UBI and Boulos are biding to get the rights to ERT Sat for the Australian market .

If UBI get the rights to ERT Sat prepare to pay.

If it stays with GlobeCast it will stay FTA.

DKSat

Actually UBI have spoken to ERT with a proposal to broadcast it FTA over Asia, Africa and Australia Free of Charge .... meaning no charge to ERT and no charge to us viewers i dont see how ERT can refuse this

SelecTV here in Australia already broadcast ERT on there platform on PAS8 at a extra cost to subscribers

Globecast only do what there told if ERT says for them to encrypt it they will encrypt it Globecast only work as the middle person here in Australia they dont actually sell a service they are just contracted by companies to transmit there signals onto satellite unlike the USA which Globecast sell DTH service via Globecast World TV on IA5

Edited by Kolossos

Here in the USA and Canada ERT Sat can be received FTA only if you have a C-Band Dish other wise you need to subscribe to Echostar Dish Network or Bell Express Vu for $12.95 a month

DKSat

I agree with the author of this article, ERT Sat should be FTA Everywhere. It is a Public channel and thus should remain free. Why is it we here in North America have to pay while the rest of the world doesn't?? Is it assumed everyone here are millionaires and can afford to pay so they try and fleece us at 15 bucks a pop?

So does Globecast still have the rights for North America, anyone know what's going on with that? If they do then why don't they put ERT Sat on IA5 or is ERT not allowing them to do this so everyone is forced to pay?!

My suggestion to the ERT guy about improving the channel is to get the rights to the national team (at least the qualifying games for petes sack). I would take that over any other sports programming (except for my PAO games :D).

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that ERT cannot make up its mind what to call ERT SAT?? They announced a while back that they name would be changed to ERT World as part of ongoing changes they are making to the international service. But, checking out their website today it appears that ERT World is out and ERT SAT is back in as the name for the international channel. ;)

There is a new logo there and no mention of ERT World anymore so it appears that the name will stay the same. Anyone know what is going on over at ERT or maybe they don't know themselves?? :blink:

Here is the new web link: http://tvradio.ert.gr/profile/worldnew.asp

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)