Phantis Forums

2008 NFL Season

Crazy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I'm still pissed over Jerry, Phillips, Romo and the rest of the whiny overpaid knuckleheads who call themselves Cowboys. I've yet to read anything more than 1 or 2 odd supporters of these jokers. The rest are all angry like me and the more i read about comments these jokers have made the madder I get. :box:

I think it will be hard for the Fins to pull this off. The Ravens have a defense that will pressure Pennington to the point of forcing him to make throws before he wants to or take the sack. Flacco really seems like a col cucumber so, I don't know, but my gut tells me that the Ravens will go through in a low scoring game.

These are my picks:

Eagles Over Giants

Cardinals over Panthers

Steelers over Chargers

Ravens over Titans

further more:

Eagles over Cardinals

Ravens over Steelers

Superbowl: Eagles over Ravens

(wishful thinking :D )

These are my picks:

Eagles Over Giants

Cardinals over Panthers

Steelers over Chargers

Ravens over Titans

further more:

Eagles over Cardinals

Ravens over Steelers

Superbowl: Eagles over Ravens

(wishful thinking :D )

good job on picking all the winners. the hard 1 was the cards over the panthers..

best game of the weekend was the ravens over the titans

cant believe the pounding the cards put on the panthers

whooooooooooo the giants are out, philly with a gutsy win, & eli back to being eli

& the steelers win over the chargers, maybe the steelers are the most balanced team here.

Congrats to my Dolphins. Now we have to take care Baltimore. Carzy, i see us winning this game. What do you think?

Sorry for interupting the flow of the conversation but yes,our boys made it to the playoffs and yes,we lost to the Ravens but the future looks GOOD my man. :tup: :tup:

The Cardinals are in the Super Bowl? Is there anyone on the face of this planet that predicted this at the beginning of the season? And if so, how hard did people laugh at him? :LOL:

I hope good old Kurt kicks some butt in the Super Bowl, this truly is the biggest underdog to ever make it to the big game.

so the game is set Cardinal vs Steelers

ive thought for the most part the Steelers would be there. The Cards are a surprise. Good matchup, with nice story lines for the soap opera fans.

Hines Ward did get hurt for the Steelers, something to watch for

Superbowl tidbits:

Pittsburgh Steelers player Troy Polamalu is an Eastern Orthodox Christian, having converted through the influence of his wife Theodora (sister of Greek American former NFL tight end Alex Holmes). He makes the Sign of the Cross after every play (from right to left, in the Eastern Christian manner, as opposed to the more familiar left to right motion in the West). Among his spiritual activities is a pilgrimage to Greek Orthodox sites in Greece and Turkey, taken in 2007.

Source: Wikipedia

Posted Image

Superbowl tidbits:

Pittsburgh Steelers player Troy Polamalu is an Eastern Orthodox Christian, having converted through the influence of his wife Theodora (sister of Greek American former NFL tight end Alex Holmes). He makes the Sign of the Cross after every play (from right to left, in the Eastern Christian manner, as opposed to the more familiar left to right motion in the West). Among his spiritual activities is a pilgrimage to Greek Orthodox sites in Greece and Turkey, taken in 2007.

Source: Wikipedia

Posted Image

great info. Everytime i watched a steelers game i noticed the way he did his cross and i did think it was familiar. never actually knew for sure..

He also has a voice of a 7 yr old girl, but boy can he hit.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of him being Orthodox, although I remember hearing that he is very spiritual. He's one of the most aggressive players in the NFL and is fun to watch.

First I wanted the Cardinals to win, now I don't know who to cheer for. :o

Any Greek influence on the Cardinals? Hmm... well they are from Phoenix, and the Phoenix is a red bird (like a Cardinal) in Ancient Greek mythology. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit...

the game can be classified as an all-timer, anytime you have a suspensful finish you can classify it as a great superbowl.. i was rooting for the cards, but i did think the steelers would win it all... now onto football withdrawl.. maybe the CL can fill the void.

the game can be classified as an all-timer, anytime you have a suspensful finish you can classify it as a great superbowl.. i was rooting for the cards, but i did think the steelers would win it all... now onto football withdrawl.. maybe the CL can fill the void.

I agree with you.The game was decided at the last minute and there was a suspend full last quarter.The funny thing was how many people lost money in my office because the Steelers did ot win with a lot of points difference.Priceless.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived