Bears@Colts

Monday

Vikings@Packers

Broncos@Raiders

A new season is about to begin.Are you ready to fumble? :LOL:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the NFC, the Dallas Cowboys seem to be the only favorite to be healthy and talented but have to break the jinx, along with their coach, of winning a playoff game. The Giants have to give time to see if their defense will be as good as last year with the loss of Strahan and Umenyiora. The Bears won impressively in Colts but need to give time to see if they are for real. The Packers could make a run if Rodgers can take the reins. Carolina could be a sleeper.

In the AFC, the Pats without Brady wont be as good but could still be a playoff team. But, do not undersetimate the evil genius of Belichick. The Jets with Favre, along with the several changes made, could be a division favorite now but Favre will have to go through a tougher conference to make the Super Bowl. The Colts had a bad start but despite that are still one of the favorites. The Chargers are still a strong favorite even without Merriman. The Steelers, Jags, and Titans are sleepers.

But, one game does not make a season. The Giants started 0-2, with 2 terrible performances and won it all last year. The Cowboys were 0-2 years back and won a SB. The Eagles were 0-2 a few years back and made the Super Bowl. So, none of us should jump to preliminary conclusions until, at least, the 4th or 5th week.

Brady wont play this season due to a knee injury. The Patriots were running up the score every single game last season and now this came around and bit them on the rear. Pats fans should not talk about unluckiness for they discovered Brady due to Drew Bledsoe's season-ending injury years back and won the SB via the Tuck Rule.

But, the Pats have a talented squad and an evil genius for a head coach so they could be a playoff team and do better than people think.

I pretty much gave up on Super Bowl Champions predictions. Even at the very last game, it's unpredictable: Packers vs. Patriots, Patriots vs. Rams, Giants vs. Patriots, etc. Who knows? The ball is a peponi that bounces in mysterious ways and the coaches "scouts" are bigger papparratzi than those that follow Britney Spears. :P

Don't really know. I mean how many people had Eli and the Giants winning the Super Bowl at the beginning of the year?... Or at the end of the year when only 2 teams were left?

All these experts on ESPN speak like they're fortune tellers. The only reason why they've maybe had more success in College Football predictions is because the press actually has some say in who is ranked and at what number (even before the first game of the season, they are already ranked).

In the NFL, it's a big question mark. Realistically, I believe about one third of the teams have at least a shot at winning the Super Bowl, some more than others, but nevertheless a shot.

So anyways, I predict Bears winning it all, with Kyle Ortin as Super Bowl MVP. :D

WEEK 1 RESULTS

Thursday

Redskins@Giants 7-16

Sunday

Seahawks@Bills 10-34

Buccanners@Saints 20-24

Jets@Dolphins 20-14

Texans@Steelers 17-38

Jaguars@Titans 10-17

Lions@Falcons 21-34

Chiefs@Patriots 10-17

Bengals@Ravens 10-17

Rams@Eagles 3-38

Cardinals@49ers 23-13

Panthers@Chargers 26-24

Cowboys@Browns 28-10

Bears@Colts 29-13

Monday

Vikings@Packers 19-24

Broncos@Raiders 41-14

WEEK 2

Sunday

Bears@Panthers

Titans@Bengals

Packers@Lions

Bills@Jaguars

Raiders@Chiefs

Colts@Vikings

Giants@Rams

Saints@Redskins

49ers@Seahawks

Falcons@Buccaneers

Dolphins@Cardinals

Chargers@Broncos

Ravens@Texans

Patriots@Jets

Steelers@Browns

Monday

Eagles@Cowboys :box:

Brady's season ending injury changed the betting odds in Vegas. Fom the Las Vegas Sports Consultants:

Before the injury

Patriots 5-2

Cowboys 9-2

Colts 6-1

Chargers 6-1

Jags 10-1

Steelers 12-1

Giants 15-1

Packers 15-1

Saints 18-1

Jets 25-1

Eagles 25-1

After the injury

Cowboys 7-2

Colts 7-1

Chargers 7-1

Steelers 8-1

Giants 11-1

Jags 12-1

Patriots 15-1

Packers 15-1

Saints 15-1

Eagles 18-1

Jets 20-1

Hey, everyone is forgeting about the my EAGLES. Now I'm not saying that we will win the superbowl or anything, but we could end up being a dangerous team this year. I can't wait 'till Monday night when we play the Cowboys. This will not be as easy as many cowboys fans are making out to be. EAGLES have a good record in the past couple years playing in Dallas. Personally, until that ESPN Hall of Famer Romo wins a playoff game, I consider the Cowboys a good team, but not Superbowl contenders.

Hopefully, Jessica Simpson (the EAGLES goodluck charm) will be at the game Monday. ;)

The Cowboys are full of fizz and nothing more (partially true statement - the word "crap" comes to mind also). That fizz will evaporate come Monday, when the get their tooshies spanked in front of a national TV audience!

Go Eagles, Go! :tup: :nw: :tup:

Personally, until that ESPN Hall of Famer Romo wins a playoff game, I consider the Cowboys a good team, but not Superbowl contenders.

Hopefully, Jessica Simpson (the EAGLES goodluck charm) will be at the game Monday. ;)

Tony Romo is a quality QB and, lol, an ESPN Hall Famer. The Cowboys have the most talented and healthiest team on paper in the league but have to prove it in the playoffs. Jessica Simpson was a good luck charm for my Giants last year in the playoffs, too.

Not sure who to root for in order to benefit the Giants but I"ll root for the Eagles.

Personally, until that ESPN Hall of Famer Romo wins a playoff game, I consider the Cowboys a good team, but not Superbowl contenders.

Tony Romo is a quality QB and, lol, an ESPN Hall Famer. The Cowboys have the most talented and healthiest team on paper in the league but have to prove it in the playoffs. Jessica Simpson was a good luck charm for my Giants last year in the playoffs, too.

Not sure who to root for in order to benefit the Giants but I"ll root for the Eagles.

As an Eagles fan I would root for the Giants over the Cowboys at a blink of an eye, unless of course it meant something like costing the Eagles a playoff spot. As I said before though, name me 1 (just 1) big game Tony Romo has ever won in his career. I do think he is a good QB, but just that, good not a superstar. The bottom line is, that he is the product of ESPN hype, just like Carson Palmer (how's Palmer doin these days).

Finally, I give respect to your team. You are the team to beat (not the Cowboys), because you guys are the real champions (not paper champions) ;) ;) .

Romo has to prove it in the playoffs like Eli Manning did last year. I dont think the Giants will be like last year in that they lost Strahan and Umenyiora, who made up 30% of the Giants league-leading sack total. Some in the media are not taking the Giants seriously because they feel that they were a team who got red hot at the right time in making the greatest playoff run ever. I stil think the Cowboys have the best players to win it all. I hope Eagles can do damage on Monday.

Confession: My moniker in other sites usually refers in some way to the Cowboys and having lived in Dallas I have a bias.

That said, agree fully re:Romo. Exciting player who wows you during the regular season but there is something about his casual attitude during the playoffs that pisses me off. He simply doesn't get that during the playoffs, the goofing around stops, he needs to sharpen his focus and frankly, be a professional.

As for the Monday game, I smell an upset brewing as the Dallas fans are getting a bit too confident.

LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gia auto se goustaro agori mou,giati me ftiaxneis :tup:

In case you dont speak greek:That is why i like you my boy,because you make my day :tup:

Lets go crazy with CRAZY: DOLPHINS ALL THE WAY. :LOL: :LOL:

Archived