Phantis Forums

Greek Teams in Europe 2008-2009

Olympiakos-Cibona 77-49 at the end of the 3rd quarter.Olympiakos has managed to cover already the -10 points that had lost in the away game in case the 2 teams have the same records at the end of the Group stage.

• 1 month later...

well....i havent updated in a while so up to speed:

Euroleague: PAO and OSFP made it to the 2nd round afterall. Panionios was elminiated :(

EuroCup: Maroussi and Panellinios made it to the next round. Aris was elminiated :o

Recently:

OSFP is 3 games in having won 2 of 3, recently with a good win against polish Prokom Trefl away.

PAO is looking like a new team, Drew Nicholas has woken up and PAO are now 3 for 3 in their 2nd round group, beating Unicaja Malaga in Spain, Partizan and Roma in OAKA, and are now favourites for first.

Maroussi recently lost to Dinamo in Eurocup 90-70 something. I havent followed much more there will update later.

• 2 weeks later...

Olympiakos-Prokom 73-57 in the last quarter of the game.

84-71 Final score.The only good thing was the victory but we need to play a lot better and be more concentrated for a whole game if we want to beat Pao on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

well.....

PAO and OSFP are through to the Final 8, with home advantages.

And......

If they both win they will play in the FINAL 4 OF BERLIN AGAINST EACH OTHER.

It will be massive, like the old days - derby in football is NOTHING in comparison this type of game goes to show that this really is the most intense rivalry in Europe.

If you had plans to visit this city, do it before the tournament. There will be nothing left of the city if PAO and OSFP both make it.

Olympiakos - Real Madrit 88-79 and Panathinaikos - Siena 90-85 started on the right track the Quarter final phase by beating in the first games of those series at home but know they got to do it again in less than 48 hours since the second games are scheduled for Thursday 26/3 at home again before the series move to the away games starting on Tuesday 2/4 on this 3 out of 5 win series.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 good games by both teams, with Greek players dominating. 1-0, and good start.

The Greek League really is a strong league for basket. I think the best is clearly Spain with more teams and more big towns for teams.

I want to see one day an Aris, Panionios, Panellinios in these Quarterfinals one day..... Pity how teams like PAOK and AEK are basically non contenders, they are major clubs, and It would be great to see AEK up along the ranks of PAO and OSFP in terms of difficult arenas, talented players etc. Would propel Greek league up to the top.

Olympiakos won the second game against Real 79-73 and made the series 2-0 while Pao lost 79-84 from Siena and that series is 1-1 with the next 2 games to be played in Italy.I still believe that both teams will manage to win those series and make it to the final four.Pao has the experience and the players to get the home advantage back in his favor.

Both Panathinaikos and Olympiakos are headed to Berlin for the Final Four and will play each other on May 1

berlin better be prepared... the organizers will not like the idea of taking away seats and dividing fan sections.

I hope they are not too naive to think there will be no problems. Last time PAO OSFP met in neutral stadium was a cup final months ago, and there were so many fan problems between the two that the game had to be postponed.

Either way, a Greek team will be in the Final. Just hope its PANATHINAIKOS :tup:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived