Phantis Forums

Congratulations!

Irlandos

:nw: :nw: :nw:

A A ANORTHOSIS!!!!!! :gr: :gr: :gr:

Great team. Always with heart, and Ketsbaya has done so much to make this team into somthing. Their progress and developments deserves that CL Place. I love watching this team in Europe, they play entertaining, they play with guts...

At 2-0, Ano doesnt have total quality to finish and hold it easy, but the diff was bw them and Greek league teams was the courage/ability to keep pushing forward and make OSFP quiver on the counter attacks.. not sit and absolve like a sponge.....

Congratulations ..... I hope they can do it again and go to the CL Stages, a big first step for Cypriot football, and a major accomplishment for Anorthosis..

90 more minutes Ano!!! You can do it! :box:

Yup, a big "congrats" for the very nice win over OSFP. :)

Anorthosis Famagusta FC are just one game away from becoming the first Cypriot team to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage after producing a dominant display in Larnaca to stun Greek champions Olympiacos CFP.

Dominant display

Temuri Ketsbaia's side had overcome SK Rapid Wien 3-0 in the first leg of their second qualifying round tie, although a repeat looked unlikely against opponents who reached the first knockout round of last season's competition. Vasilis Torosidis put them in front with an early own goal, however, and Łukasz Sosin swiftly doubled the league. Konstantinos Mitroglou then spurned a golden chance to bring the visitors back into the match, missing a late penalty, and Vincent Laban added a third in the closing stages to leave Olympiacos with it all to do in Athens on 27 August.

Source + full article on UEFA.com

Congratulations from me as well, and good to see Lukasz Sosin playing so well.

Impressive player, pity hes 31. What do Polish think of him? I seriously was impressed, the guy is above Cypriot level for sure (no offense Cyprus)....Hes a big goalscorer, but can do everything, hes physical, fast, strong, good in the air and makes good runs...Could defiinitley be a top scorer in Greece...

well done to the cypriot teams....shows money and names alone does fark all....

about times the greek times actually played for pride, the shirt, their club and their fans......

taking nothing away from anorthosis and omonoia....well done

return leg in athens will be very interesting to say the least...

Guest TheLegend

Congratulations for a great victory over Olympiakos! :)

All the best for this sympathetic club from Ammochostos whether they continue in the CL Group Stage or not!

It honestly warms my heart to see so many wonderful posts about Anorthosara :P

I had mixed feelings about this game obviously, as I did with AEK vs Omonia. But I think that if Anorthosis do make it through it will be beneficial for both teams involved. It will force the board at Oly to start running the club professionally instead of destroying it from within. And for Anorthosis, well the benefits here are endless.

I'm truly proud of them and I just hope we can hold on to some of our big players like Sosin, Skopelitis, Bardon, Lapan, etc. One thing I will say though... what is all the fuss about Paolo Costa? :blink: He looked terrible!

An interview with Anorthosis' Vincent Lapan before the 2nd leg of the Olympiakos tie. He talks about the club, the league, the 2nd leg and the possibility of playing in a bigger league one day, namely Greece.

It's from Ano's website.

"

Wasn't it just last year that Anorthosis got destroyed by Tottenham 6-1 on aggregate? Oh how times have changed!

Congratulations to Anorthosis and Cypriot football.

Yes. And it was less than a year ago that Olympiakos made it to the last 16 of the CL. How times have changed indeed! :LOL:

In all seriousness, I just can't wait to hear the CL anthem at Antonis Papadopoulos while we entertain a POT 1 team while the Maxites are singing:

"XOMA POU PERPATISA,

GI POU NOSTALGO,

XOMA POU M'ANASTISES,

AMMOXOSTO!!!!" :gr:

I don't know if Antonis Papadopoulos would qualify for group stage football...It will probably be the GSP for Anorthosis.

And let all footballing Europe hear loud and clear our song/anthem/lament!

Great scenes! :)

Btw, Ano are 400/1 to win the CL and Bate are 300/1. Someone explain how those odds were worked out please

bookies can be full of it too.

I mean neither team will win it, but Ano would be more likley than BATE. Ano has been respectable in Europe at least, taking past OSFP, Trabzon, *deserving a win vs Rangers, and Rapid... i dont think sneaking past Levski Sofia is quite the same as a 3-1 agg win over OSFP.

Maybe by putting 400/1 they will get more bets on Ano, which is basically a sure not winner anyways? Kind of set some "bait" for betters to try and go for it? Im sure they do tricks with that stuff. Dont worry about it, realistically, Ano has simply much bigger chances, seeing their experience and accomplishments, plus I doubt seriously their caoch is as good as Ketsbaya.

But yeah, even cooler, that Ano's club song, is the Dalaras version of Ammoxostos :tup:

Archived