Phantis Forums

PAO v. Sparta Prague

athinaios

Since i forgot earlier,i need to say congrats on your win and performance and keep up the good job. :tup: :tup:

It sounds like a plan to me. But, did I hear something about beer, or money for beer??!!! :P

We'll accept a local brew from Florida! B)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like a plan to me. But, did I hear something about beer, or money for beer??!!! :P

We'll accept a local brew from Florida! B)

If Osfp wins Anorthosi 5-1 and makes it to the CL groups.....lets read all the posts corect my alcoholic friends...... :D :D

wouldnt it be even funnier if olympiakos was winning 4-0 untill the 89' when anorthosi scores a goal and pushes them into the ..... uefa CUP ......

seriously though, osfp will be arseholes and win 5-1 in karaiskaki and we will have to live with them wanking over it for a long time

I promise that if that actually happens,i will not talk to you guys and bother you for a whole year.....and i will send you 100$ for beer personally. :D
So you dont have to do any research,this is how all started. :whistle:

Guest TheLegend

Well mitroglou isnt exactly a super star..

Maybe hes for a higher level but do you really think olympiacos panathinaikos and aek should strive to buy players like him or buy players like dudu silva etc

I think hes gona be average nothing more next game. Like the news said the osfp defense made him look like ronaldhino

Guest TheLegend

wouldnt it be even funnier if olympiakos was winning 4-0 untill the 89' when anorthosi scores a goal and pushes them into the ..... uefa CUP ......

seriously though, osfp will be arseholes and win 5-1 in karaiskaki and we will have to live with them wanking over it for a long time

wow u have alot of confidence in olympiacos....

they are gona win 3-1 or 2-0 I think. I think you and valverde are the only 2 ppl who said olympiacos are gona go through

I was a big fan of Ano's Sosin tonight. We should have got him instead, plays the role great, faster player, good skill in the air, physical and a scorer. Seriously, he should be with ethniki of Poland. At least could have finished off the prota8lhma with a player like that last year instead of Pos-trixa and Papadopoulos

hes ok nothing special

as the newspaper said olympiacos' defense made him look like ronaldhino when hes really just a player from the Cypriot league.

And it's this sort of arrogance that caused Olympiakos to get embarassed!

Congrats PAO on a solid result... that's what I was expecting Drakos ;)

Finish the job in the return leg and let's look forward to the CL draw.

DUDE I beleive you said 3-0 Ano somewhere, and Im pretty sure I said 2-1 PAO ....

If Im not mistaken? ;)

See no worries. We were not brilliant first half, but HTC adapted and Sparta got about 1 shot all 2nd half and PAO controlled the match, simple as that. HTC is not the moron Peseiro was, and Gilberto being the next Conceicao....No way man, your getting too nervous! Gilberto is seriously making more and more sense why we signed him when you see him out there so far. PAO jumps up a level of play.

DUDE I beleive you said 3-0 Ano somewhere, and Im pretty sure I said 2-1 PAO ....

If Im not mistaken? ;)

See no worries. We were not brilliant first half, but HTC adapted and Sparta got about 1 shot all 2nd half and PAO controlled the match, simple as that. HTC is not the moron Peseiro was, and Gilberto being the next Conceicao....No way man, your getting too nervous! Gilberto is seriously making more and more sense why we signed him when you see him out there so far. PAO jumps up a level of play.

Well we've yet to see him properly tested, but i have to say, I'm getting seriously excited about this team!

Guest TheLegend

I was a big fan of Ano's Sosin tonight. We should have got him instead, plays the role great, faster player, good skill in the air, physical and a scorer. Seriously, he should be with ethniki of Poland. At least could have finished off the prota8lhma with a player like that last year instead of Pos-trixa and Papadopoulos

hes ok nothing special

as the newspaper said olympiacos' defense made him look like ronaldhino when hes really just a player from the Cypriot league.

And it's this sort of arrogance that caused Olympiakos to get embarassed!

Congrats PAO on a solid result... that's what I was expecting Drakos ;)

Finish the job in the return leg and let's look forward to the CL draw.

What arrogance? You think because anorthosis score 3 goals (2 with extreme luck) hes a super star?

That would mean olympiacos beating bremen last year patsa should be a starter at barcelona now...

Sosin is not a superstar, but hes a talented and underrated player, got to be the top striker in Cyprus without much contest.

My point is he could make most Superleague teams including top 3. The guy is certainly in better physical shape than Darko, Certainly better on/off the ball/ than Mitroglou, than also Mantzios. The guy has been scoring boatloads everywhere he goes, and I dont think hed be a superstar, but he could definitley get a place as a rotational stirker on any Greek team, if not starting compared to the players they have there. Should PAO and OSFP strive to get him because hes not a name? Who knows. But if I had a choice Id take him over currrent strikers like Mantzios.

Afterall who was Blanco before AEK? Who was Gkekas before PAO? Who was Luca Toni before Fiorentina?

Sometimes theres nobody strikers out there who are quietly running up scoring charts for nobody teams but just have a prolific ability to hit goals pretty much at any club, and have good physical speed and are solid in the air with good finish. It happens..... I beleive Lukas at 31 still a better option than some players currently at big teams in Greece. But, no they need name credibility for signings these days....

Im saying Ive heard a lot of good, and saw some great play from him last night, I think I beleive the talk about him now.

Sosin is not a superstar, but hes a talented and underrated player, got to be the top striker in Cyprus without much contest.

My point is he could make most Superleague teams including top 3. The guy is certainly in better physical shape than Darko, Certainly better on/off the ball/ than Mitroglou, than also Mantzios. The guy has been scoring boatloads everywhere he goes, and I dont think hed be a superstar, but he could definitley get a place as a rotational stirker on any Greek team, if not starting compared to the players they have there. Should PAO and OSFP strive to get him because hes not a name? Who knows. But if I had a choice Id take him over currrent strikers like Mantzios.

Afterall who was Blanco before AEK? Who was Gkekas before PAO? Who was Luca Toni before Fiorentina?

Sometimes theres nobody strikers out there who are quietly running up scoring charts for nobody teams but just have a prolific ability to hit goals pretty much at any club, and have good physical speed and are solid in the air with good finish. It happens..... I beleive Lukas at 31 still a better option than some players currently at big teams in Greece. But, no they need name credibility for signings these days....

Im saying Ive heard a lot of good, and saw some great play from him last night, I think I beleive the talk about him now.

I'm not sure if he's better than Kova or Mitroglou re file, but you are right that he could offer something to the top teams in Greece. The Cypriot league is actually becoming an untapped source of talent... there are obviously those that SL watchers will know already: Beqaj, Aloneftis, etc. But there are also many who could have very successful careers in Greece that remain unknown, for a fraction of the price of foreign players who are bought by Greek clubs.

Players like Bardon, Sosin, Lapan, Georgalidis, Okkaridis, Nicolaou, Christou, Pinto, etc. Not all of them are good enough for the big 3 in Greece but they could certainly play for Aris, AEL, Panionios, etc. Greek teams have already missed out on the talents of past players like Ricardo Fernandez, Esteban Solari, Kostas Makridis, Woobey, Boaventura, etc. That should never be happening, a non Greek team should never be able to take take these players because Greek teams should already know about them. Maybe Anorthosis' and Omonoia's exploits will wake the Greek teams up to the cheap talent that does exist in Cyprus.

luca toni had several good seasons at palermo before

Mitrolgou is overated of what Ive seen anyways. Sosin is athletic, powerful can make runs and can finish. Thats what he showed vs Gavros and what ive heard about him.

Again all I gotta say - where did Luca Toni come from??? Gkekas? Some strikers just stay off radar/mature very quickly in late age. Im not saying Sosin is a Luca Toni by any means, but im saying hes got the ability for a higher level. What he showed against OSFP, and that fantastic goal scoring record has got to show for something.

Kovacevic is getting aged.....it showed vs Ano. Hes not done, but in the long and considering current perfomrances, Sosin looked more athletic, and thats huge.

As for the cheap talent in Cyprus.....some of it. Some of it is also just average..Nikolaou for example, Georgallidis.....I dont think theyd rush off to a bigger league anytime soon. Players like Sosin are a dime a dozen. Greek teams have been quite awake (and I think giving up) after seeing players like Wooter, Xaralambidis etc who were top shots...

Not to mention many of those Ano players were Greek Leaguers... ;)

luca toni had several good seasons at palermo before
yeah but point is Luca Toni was like 26 and Palermo were in Serie B.....

for a superstar/arguably top striker in europe to come out of nowhere is impressive.....

So, as we were saying, PAO will have its supporters filling OAKA for the return match, and after 3 years, we'll get back to the CL.

Again, there were problems finding live coverage of the Prague game. Do you guys know anything about the game in OAKA? Some Athens tv station should be carrying this game live.

that was never in doubt. Given the way pao has played so far and with the results we have had, not only ours but of our top two rivals, there was no way this game would not of been sold out. i said minutes after the game in one of these forums, that there would easily be 60k in the return leg. looks more like 62500 as those ar the number of seats that will be made available.

All issued tickets for this contest have been sold. http://www.pao.gr/index.php

38000 sold + ~20000 season tickets + another 5-10k will show up at the last minute = sold out :tup:

Ten Cate did not include Christodoulopoulo, Melissi, Moon, Petropoulo, Karnezi and the injured Rukavina, Leontiou, Mattos in the 19. Cleyton is with the squad and will probably see some action. http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/143555 Karagounis (injured in the NT game) will be a last minute decision but if he is included another AM (Ninis, Ivan, Salpi, Cleyton will have to be dropped).

I think we'll see (starter--//---sub)

-----------------Galinovic-----------//---Malartz

Nilsson---Sariegi--Vintra--Spyro--//---Goumas-Gabriel

----------Gilberto--Simao----------//---Tziolis

Salpigidis-----Ninis----Ivanschitz-//---Cleyton

-----------------Sousa--------------//---Mantzios

All issued tickets for this contest have been sold. http://www.pao.gr/index.php

38000 sold + ~20000 season tickets + another 5-10k will show up at the last minute = sold out  :tup:

Ten Cate did not include Christodoulopoulo, Melissi, Moon, Petropoulo, Karnezi and the injured Rukavina, Leontiou, Mattos in the 19. Cleyton is with the squad and will probably see some action. http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/143555 Karagounis (injured in the NT game) will be a last minute decision but if he is included another AM (Ninis, Ivan, Salpi, Cleyton will have to be dropped).

I think we'll see (starter--//---sub)

-----------------Galinovic-----------//---Malartz

Nilsson---Sariegi--Vintra--Spyro--//---Goumas-Gabriel

----------Gilberto--Simao----------//---Tziolis

Salpigidis-----Ninis----Ivanschitz-//---Cleyton

-----------------Sousa--------------//---Mantzios

I'm a bit surprised that Cleyton isn't really in Ten Cate's plans. I rate him.

Btw, what's the fan situation now? Will gate 13 be sitting back together again or what?

Dude, take a look at the lineup. Even Karagounis and Christodoulopoulos are out. PAO has good depth in the AM position this year. Someone will be out every week. I think Cleyton is in the plans, he just happen to be a little behind the rest of the AMs at the moment. To be honest, I was afraid Ninis was going to be squeezed out this year, but I am happy to see him competing for the starting spot with Karagounis.

Archived