Phantis Forums

Anorthosis - Rapid Vienna

Irlandos

If Anorthosis goes through they will play Olympiakos !!!

This is a great draw, and one of the best Ano will get. Considering how you missed Barcelona, Juve, etc it truly is a dream matchup.

Ano will be quite comfortable playing against a somewhat familiar team (many players have been in Greek League) and even better, they will definitley beleive and be prepared mentally (as opposed to playing Barca, where you pretty much know theres no chance)..... This is the best chance ever at going to the CL group stages....OSFP looks alright, theyll be tough but they are having some problems too its seems..

I beleive if Anorthosis can finish, they can take it and go CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...

All i can say is WOW what a draw!!! I just hope the games are played to there fullist cause i can recall a few years back when Olympiakos drew Anorthosis and the game was so called sold!! Anorthosis was winning one nothing at home in the second leg and thats all they needed to go thru and Olympiakos scored 4 goals in the second half winning 4-2!!! I was at the game it was disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!! What a drwa I cant believe it!!! Im looking forward to Aek Omonia CRZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

now who will DUDE cheer for??? :LOL:

this ive got to know!!! You probably hate this draw DUDE! :P

Ano drawing either of the Greek teams is a nightmare for me!

I've tried to look on the bright side, whatever happens both teams are in Europe.

As for who I'll support, definitely Ano.

1) This is a once in a life time opportunity for Ano.

2) Approx 10m euros is awarded to every team that makes the CL group stages. Ano have made amazing strides in recent years and if they collected the money I know they'd invest it. Whereas we all know Kokkali would merely pocket the money and invest a fraction.

3) I am disgusted with the Olympiakos board's lack of professionalism over the last season. I know we say this every season, but this year is different.

When Lemoni took over he did so because Sollied's 2 domestic doubles weren't enough, the chairman also wanted success in Europe. So, he guides the team to best CL acheivement in 8 years and is still in the hunt for the domestic double, and he gets sacked along with Ivic(?!). But the unforgivable mistake for me was the forcing out of Lua Lua. What more can I say about that? It's a disgrace.

The owners are megalomaniacs and are a cancer in Greek football. For this reason I hope that Ano makes the CL and PAO or AEK win the Greek league. That will be the perfect message for Kokkali.

As for the game itself, most of the media reports I've read are talking as if this tie is over already. I think Oly may be in for a rude awakening if they don't take this game seriously. Ano isn't an Ioniko or a Levadiako. If they were in the Greek league they'd probably challenge Aris for 4th spot, and if not they'd certainly challenge for a UEFA Cup spot. Of course that would still make Oly strong favs over 2 legs, but there are a couple of potential banana skins to consider...

1) Most of the Oly players have probably never heard of Anorthosis... in fact I'd bet that people like Leonardo and Belluschi haven't even heard of Cyprus let alone Ano. They'll take it as a given that they've qualified for the CL. Whereas, apart from the Trabzonspor game, this is the biggest game of the Ano players' careers.

2) Ano have already played 4 competitive games so the team is bound to be sharper and in better physical condition than the Olympiakos players.

3) Ketsbaia is a top class manager and I have no doubt that one day he'll be one of the world's top managers. I can see him going to Greece, being very successful, then making a success of himself in the Premiership. (Many of you may laugh, but bear in mind, Wenger moved to Arsenal from Japan). Added to Ketsbaia's football accumen is the fact that he is a fantastic motivator and knows his squad very well. Whereas Valverde, who may indeed be talented, is dealing with a new set of players. On top of that, having seen highlights of the Oly-Santander friendly, to me it doesn't even seem as if the the players themselves have gelled.

Don't get me wrong guys, I think Olympiakos will have too much for Ano in Pirea, but unless Ano self-destruct and capitulate due to the pressure (as they did against Spurs last year) this won't be a walk over.

Overall, I just hope to see a good, nice tempered game where both sets of fans are well-behaved... it would be extra nice to see Ano do it though. :P :gr:

now who will DUDE cheer for???  :LOL:

this ive got to know!!! You probably hate this draw DUDE!  :P

Ano drawing either of the Greek teams is a nightmare for me!

I've tried to look on the bright side, whatever happens both teams are in Europe.

As for who I'll support, definitely Ano.

1) This is a once in a life time opportunity for Ano.

2) Approx 10m euros is awarded to every team that makes the CL group stages. Ano have made amazing strides in recent years and if they collected the money I know they'd invest it. Whereas we all know Kokkali would merely pocket the money and invest a fraction.

3) I am disgusted with the Olympiakos board's lack of professionalism over the last season. I know we say this every season, but this year is different.

When Lemoni took over he did so because Sollied's 2 domestic doubles weren't enough, the chairman also wanted success in Europe. So, he guides the team to best CL acheivement in 8 years and is still in the hunt for the domestic double, and he gets sacked along with Ivic(?!). But the unforgivable mistake for me was the forcing out of Lua Lua. What more can I say about that? It's a disgrace.

The owners are megalomaniacs and are a cancer in Greek football. For this reason I hope that Ano makes the CL and PAO or AEK win the Greek league. That will be the perfect message for Kokkali.

As for the game itself, most of the media reports I've read are talking as if this tie is over already. I think Oly may be in for a rude awakening if they don't take this game seriously. Ano isn't an Ioniko or a Levadiako. If they were in the Greek league they'd probably challenge Aris for 4th spot, and if not they'd certainly challenge for a UEFA Cup spot. Of course that would still make Oly strong favs over 2 legs, but there are a couple of potential banana skins to consider...

1) Most of the Oly players have probably never heard of Anorthosis... in fact I'd bet that people like Leonardo and Belluschi haven't even heard of Cyprus let alone Ano. They'll take it as a given that they've qualified for the CL. Whereas, apart from the Trabzonspor game, this is the biggest game of the Ano players' careers.

2) Ano have already played 4 competitive games so the team is bound to be sharper and in better physical condition than the Olympiakos players.

3) Ketsbaia is a top class manager and I have no doubt that one day he'll be one of the world's top managers. I can see him going to Greece, being very successful, then making a success of himself in the Premiership. (Many of you may laugh, but bear in mind, Wenger moved to Arsenal from Japan). Added to Ketsbaia's football accumen is the fact that he is a fantastic motivator and knows his squad very well. Whereas Valverde, who may indeed be talented, is dealing with a new set of players. On top of that, having seen highlights of the Oly-Santander friendly, to me it doesn't even seem as if the the players themselves have gelled.

Don't get me wrong guys, I think Olympiakos will have too much for Ano in Pirea, but unless Ano self-destruct and capitulate due to the pressure (as they did against Spurs last year) this won't be a walk over.

Overall, I just hope to see a good, nice tempered game where both sets of fans are well-behaved... it would be extra nice to see Ano do it though. :P :gr:

You make excellent points dude but i actually think Ano may buckle under the pressure. Olympiakos are approaching this game pressure-free, not because they have nothing to lose but because they perceive this to be a straight-forward tie. But everyone in Cyprus is expecting Ano to rise to the occasion. As you say this may backfire for Oly, but I actually think the pressure will be too much. I see a draw in Cyprus, maybe 1-1 but the pressure will tell in the Karaiskaki.

Archived