Phantis Forums

Anorthosis - Pyunik

Irlandos

and if they win, they go on to face Rapid Vienna........not the worst draw possible, definitley beatable when Anorthosis plays like they can in Europe, at least the big teams avoided (PAO, Fener, Rangers, Dynamo etc)

Good luck to Anorthosis today!

Drakois you are right my friend it was a great draw for Anorthosis hopefully they can play strong and get a chance to play against Rapi it could have been much worse!!!!!! They made some big signings hopefully the team gels because they are by far the best team the=at has represented Cyprus by far in Europe!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really nervous about this year. Everyone is saying that this is our biggest chance to qualify for the CL but I'm not so sure. We should overcome the Armenian champs, but Rapid Wienna will be a very tough test and if we are lucky enough to get through that we'll probably draw a big team. I can't see this year going to well in Europe tbh. :(

Hopefully I'm wrong though... the journey begins tonight.

1-0 is ok....

Its the bare minimum to win ... Ano should still go through...but theyll need to be able to finish chances vs Rapid and 3rd round opponents...

I just looked at Rapid roster.......i think Ano has a better roster, but should be an even match.

Rapids best player last year, Umit Korkmaz (played good for Austria in the Euro, very fast, smart player just had no strikers to finish his chances) moved to Eintracht, so Im guessing they will be weaker.

anorthosis missed lots of chances hit three goal posts some sites said the score should of been at least 6 or 7 nothing the other team didnt even get a shot at least they kept the nill score line and got a result.... If they play tough in Armenia they will go thru!!

Guest TheLegend

I think they will get through there next 2 games fine but the thing is once u hit the 3rd round you got some trouble...

Skobelitis, Katsavakis And Frousos played exceptionally well!!! They just could not score it was disgusting the chances they missed the highlites are on cybc.com.cy just look for Athlitica form july 16!!!!

Here's the link for those interested:

http://www.cybc.com.cy/index.php?option=co...pper&Itemid=223

I can't believe my eyes! That wasn't unlucky re Bidi, that was downright disgraceful finishing. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I only hope it's down to the playing being rusty and lacking sharpness, because otherwise it's scary that a team can miss so many big chances.

So, how does everyone feel about the return match in Armenia? I think Anorthosis will score and go through with a draw.

Having seen the total domination of the 1st leg I can't see anything other than an Ano win in Armenia by 0-2 and if Ano score early I can see a bigger margin.

Having seen the total domination of the 1st leg I can't see anything other than an Ano win in Armenia by 0-2 and if Ano score early I can see a bigger margin.

Good call!!! :)

(what you did not know was that your statement inspired a little investment on my part :D )

Bravo to Anorthosis!!! Good luck in Austria

(what you did not know was that your statement inspired a little investment on my part :D )

REALLY? WOW That's great news! It's made my day :tup:

What does everyone predict for the next game? I've got a bad feeling :( Austria Wienna (or FK Austria Wien as they're officially called) have alot of European experience and have a great squad.

They've got the Polish international defender, Jacek Bak. The Croatian forward Mario Bazina who was an excellent play about 3 years ago, haven't seen him since. They've got the former Tottenham and Lille midfielder, Slovenian international Milenko Acimovic. It's going to be very tough imo and I just hope Ano can raise their game sufficiently.

On a side note Wien also have the Hungarian international Gyorgy Korsos, who if I'm not mistaken, played for Xanthi.

REALLY? WOW That's great news! It's made my day :tup:

What does everyone predict for the next game? I've got a bad feeling :( Austria Wienna (or FK Austria Wien as they're officially called) have alot of European experience and have a great squad.

They've got the Polish international defender, Jacek Bak. The Croatian forward Mario Bazina who was an excellent play about 3 years ago, haven't seen him since. They've got the former Tottenham and Lille midfielder, Slovenian international Milenko Acimovic. It's going to be very tough imo and I just hope Ano can raise their game sufficiently.

On a side note Wien also have the Hungarian international Gyorgy Korsos, who if I'm not mistaken, played for Xanthi.

I'm embarassed to be saying this, but Ano's next opponent appears to be Rapid Wienna not Austria Wienna! :la:

They have excellent players too, in Branko Boskovic and Hofmann.

I've still got a bad feeling :(

Anorthosis will be sending Rapid Austria who ever they are back to there home with a loss!!! Anorthosis have a good sound team and Ketsbaia is No idiot he will have his team ready!!!!! I guarantee it Rumours also have them signing Dellas and Solano!!! Time will tell!!

• 3 weeks later...

REALLY? WOW That's great news! It's made my day  :tup:

What does everyone predict for the next game? I've got a bad feeling  :(  Austria Wienna (or FK Austria Wien as they're officially called) have alot of European experience and have a great squad.

I'm embarassed to be saying this, but Ano's next opponent appears to be Rapid Wienna not Austria Wienna! :la:

They have excellent players too, in Branko Boskovic and Hofmann.

I've still got a bad feeling :(

Your predictions are a bit off dont you think??????

Archived