11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Euro 2008?

• Germany
    • Spain
    • I couldn't care less!
    • Let the team that plays better win!

downhill from here?! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

they've won the second best and hardest international championship.. :LOL:

man.. admit it! everybody --except Germans and you -- keep saying this has been an awesome team..

and finally.. it would be a much more colorful and entertaining final with our team instead of this boring, play-acting German team who I keep saying didn't deserve to be here in the first place (not because they eliminated us but they had no options in attack except set pieces & keeper errors which was terribly exposed today as they could do nothing offensively)..

did i say they were bad? no i said they were the best of the tournament.

like Athnaios said, they are not a super team...they arent.

All I said in the post above is that is that the prospect of Spain finding more pressure and struggling after this tournament is very realistic.

I mean look how Italy, France, Greece, etc dropped in the following tournaments. Spain finally as champions is going to have a boat load more pressure going into tournaments, and no more Aragones who was their leader and had the team together. I said it would be interesting to see what happens, and it should be.

As for play acting, if anybody is guilty of play acting it was Spain. Disgraceful by Torres rolling around like he had anything wrong with him , and Villa vs Italy too. But it didnt ruin the tournament and many players do this crap all around the world.

Well, that's it for euro 08. Hopefully, in 4 years, we'll have something more exciting to write about.

How do you produce the talent to build a great team? This should be the fundamental question in Greek soccer. I don't think there are signs of hope today; hopefully it'll change.

You need a great domestic league, especially in a country of only 11 million people. Young Greek players are developed and have a chance to compete in a high level league.

Then you need the right mentality & a coach to bring the best out of players!

The rich teams can buy foreigners (at some point PAO was playing with 1 or 2 Greeks in the lineup!), and even the not so rich could find cheap players from the Third World. Greece has to do something that they're not used to: look into the future and plan, execute, and work professionally for the long-term!

Anyway, life goes on. Enjoy it. And, don't go too crazy or be too upset gents. This is a sport that's supposed to be for fun, entertaining, and an opportunity for friends and fans to have a great time together!

Peace!

Spain deserved, well done Spain, the copa find the owner who deserves it...

Fenerbahce is very curious for their new coach ''Aragones'' because he declareted that if he win the Euro 2008 he will be walking for 20 days to be hadji (holly walk which takes around 20 days). So he will start with his new team ''Fenerbahce'' very late :LOL: Good luck to him at Fenerbahce but Turkey is one of cruel league in Europe to work as coach specially in a team like ''Fenerbahce'' everybody thinks they are football experts in this team. There is a bad example with ''Feldkamp'' in Galatasaray too...

Guest TheLegend

Germany today looked worse than Greece did against Russia! :o The only wonder is they didn't lose with 2 or 3 goals to spare.

Btw, there is nothing special about this Spanish team. It is the same one we met three times in 2004, the same one I saw lose 3-2 in Windsor Park.

Greek players and coach understimated themselves and sold us short. :tdown:

This spain team may be the same team and alot of the players are but they a a technically talented team. They have alot more individual talent in one player than we do on our bench.

Of course we can still compete but not the way rehagel coached the team. Rehagel in euro08 basicaly told the team...you guys suck lets try to not look bad but we have no chance of wining. Especialy when he said that greece has to play defensive because we arent germany. Hes right we arent germany and we didnt play much worse than them. They were lucky to be where they were as they sucked all tournament.

Spain deserved to be the champ. Best balance of offense and defense in Euro 2008. Spain's defense allowed less goals than Greece did in Euro 2004 and allowed no goals in the knockout stages like Greece did in Euro 2004.

Funny that Greece, Spain, and Russia were in the same division for the last 2 Euros and 2 of those teams win the trophy. Group D was seen as the weakest division yet the champion and semifinalist came from that division while Group C, the "Group of Death", had no semifinalists or one finalist. Spain can enjoy this for the next 4 years and endure the criticism of being the biggest underachiever.

Last 5 of 6 tournament winners have been Meditteranean, including the last 3: Spain of Euro 2008, Italy WC 2006, Greece of Euro 2004, France of Euro 2000 and France of WC 1998.

Final, Vienna, game 31

Germany 0 - 1 Spain

half-time (0 - 1)

Ref. Roberto Rosetti (Italy)

Formation/Line-ups:

-------------------------Casillas (cap.)--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

S.Ramos--------Puyol------------Marchena----Capdevila

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Senna-------------------------

--------------------Xavi-------------------------------------

---------Iniesta---------------------Fabregas--------------