Phantis Forums

Panionios 1-0 Aris Saloniki

ukchris

I'm a bit late in posting, but it was a great win on Wednesday.

Still can't quite understand these play-offs, but think that means are UEFA Cup chances have risen a little. And now onto PAO tomorrow...

How you doing Chris?

Basically, as things stand the mini-playoff-league looks like this:

PAO 11

AEK 11

Panionios 3

Aris 3

if the Panthers finish 1st or 2nd from this bunch then you'll be in the CL. If you finish 3rd (where you are now because of a better head-to-head over Aris) then you'll qualify for the UEFA Cup. If you finish bottom of this bunch you'll only qualify for the intertoto cup, with the chance of going to the UEFA if you win that. (I think that's right anyway) :unsure:

By the by, I remember you filmed a clip of the Greek fans vs England at the friendly at Old Trafford last year. I remember you put it onto Youtube but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Have you taken it off? If not can you please remind me of what you titled it so I can find it? Thanks mate.

Thanks dude. But I read something saying that Aris had already qualified for the UEFA Cup because they're in the Greek Cup final, and so we might be in the Intertoto even if we finish third? Hope not.

And here's the link...

It certainly got a whole lot better for Greece after that night. And, sadly, a whole lot worse for England!

Archived