Phantis Forums

CL Final: Manchester Utd - Chelsea

Irlandos

Who will win the CL final?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the CL final?

• Man Utd
    • Chelsea

Erm, most fans in Britain despise Chelsea.

See I dont like that......they only despise them because of jealousy, all of a sudden they got a big investor... I realize theyre hated now, but before Abramovich wasnt so at all, I really liked that Chelsea era before and they were unlucky some years and had some great players like Zola, Gallas, Van Hasselbaink, Petit etc...

well in penalties i always feel the team that was worse in extra time always ends up winning in the shootout... Its really true when you think about it.....it always seems to happen that way.

Drogba's red card - not important, but definitly exagerated. He gave him a tiny slap, thats a yellow. And Manchester where trying to start fights at everymoment they can....

Manchester United....they were good this season, but I really get the feeling that without Cristiano Ronaldo theyd be a quarterfinal team in CL, and a 3rd-4th team in EPL....

Call me crazy if you like...

In non game play news:

Why did UEFA change the celebration format? Its terrible now. I dont care about what Platini wants it to look like it did years ago --- hes an ass anyways. They had the same thing for UEFA Cup and assume for the Euro it will be the same...

The celebrations/stage in the middle of the field was so awesome.... for everybody in the stadium to be able to see them, the lifting of the cup was always so much more dramatic too with all the effects, confetti, tears, fireworks and the players runnign around saluting the fans, players pulling the trophy and carrying there flags, fireworks/confetti ------- thats FUN, its enjoyable and I always like watching that its good and fun for fans and especially players to let loose a bit they earned it..... I cant seriously think of WHY you would take that away for such a huge annual final.....

The new cup lifting is anti-climatic, and incedibly dull in comparison :tdown:

Its feels like they won the FA cup or something minor in comparison, when the Champions League is arguably the toughest cup in football. This stupid thing should be changed....UEFA should be making valuable changes to the game, and not stupid ones that just take away players and fans fun for the sake of the old timers who remembers it being different. I love tradition, but when tradition is that dull and anti climactic -- its gotta go.

I still can't believe that Man Utd won the CL. Imo, Chelsea proved that they are the better side (and the best in Europe). It's one thing to defend and win, but it's another to be completely dominated and to win by sheer luck.

In the first half Utd were marginally better. I'd say it was 60/40 domination by Man Utd. However in the 2nd half Chelsea came alive and it was something like 90/10 imo. Joe Cole, Makalele, Lampard and Malouda were exceptional! They bossed the midfield, and took the game to Utd. Drogba's shot off the post, Lampard's off the bar, and Terry's penalty off the post... we are talking about an inch or 2 difference between winning and losing.

Congrats to Man Utd though... in 20 years from now no-one will care who played better, the history books will read: "2007/2008 CL winners, Man Utd."

Chelsea were lucky not to lose in regulation time! How lucky could they get with that goal? Karabola after karabola going their way, V d Sar slipping on the wet pitch, against the run of play!

Anyway, it was an entertaining match with the referee's mistakes playing no part in the outcome. Btw, the red card was thoroughly deserved.

Chelsea were lucky not to lose in regulation time! How lucky could they get with that goal? Karabola after karabola going their way, V d Sar slipping on the wet pitch, against the run of play!

Anyway, it was an entertaining match with the referee's mistakes playing no part in the outcome. Btw, the red card was thoroughly deserved.

Ela re file, ti les? You have to consider the whole 90 minutes if you want to look at regulation time. Chelsea absolutely bossed them.

Whatever the case, what an amazing game! What an advertisement for Premiership football.

It could easily have been 3-0 Man Utd in the first half and the opposite the other half.. Saying Man U won on sheer luck is not right, insomuchas Chelsea only dominated when they dropped back... Sir Alex did this against Barcelona, too. The Spaniards seemed to dominate the whole 180 minutes but never made it right in front of goal..

And talking about luck, the pitch was a disgrace for a big game like this. The players kept slipping down all the time and by 70 minutes the cramps started, probably because the pitch was too soft and lightly-drained... :nono:

well...Chelsea had the bigger opportunities..... that Drogba post, also that penatly that wasnt given (im not complaining, but that was a PK and a red card).....Chelsea had some big chances......I dont know why everybody is saying luck luck.....they got a chance and scored it...they had other chances they didnt get.....

Chelsea player had the ball drop right in front of his feet perfect to shoot in close range (and would have most likely scored from that close) and he was taken down pretty clearly.

It could easily have been 3-0 Man Utd in the first half and the opposite the other half.. Saying Man U won on sheer luck is not right, insomuchas Chelsea only dominated when they dropped back... Sir Alex did this against Barcelona, too. The Spaniards seemed to dominate the whole 180 minutes but never made it right in front of goal..

And talking about luck, the pitch was a disgrace for a big game like this. The players kept slipping down all the time and by 70 minutes the cramps started, probably because the pitch was too soft and lightly-drained...

I meant why are all the Man U fans saying Chelsea was all luck...

Its so ignorant of the game...like you said there were huge opportunities for both teams.....just because one goal was prettier than the other makes no difference.....Manchester went on to miss an ugly easy opportunity and Chelsea missed a beautiful one...and its a matter of inches......Nobody wins in football without instances of luck, that simply cant be denied, because so many things can be considered as luck, thats what makes the game so unique. Its not clear cut, it cant be quantified, nothing...

Can we all agree we liked seeing Cristiano Ronaldo miss that penatly, and was hoping so badly that it would be the one that lose Manchester (and see him bawl again)....I guess well have to wait till Switzerland eliminates Portugal this summer to see those again :tup:

I meant why are all the Man U fans saying Chelsea was all luck...

Its so ignorant of the game...like you said there were huge opportunities for both teams.....just because one goal was prettier than the other makes no difference.....Manchester went on to miss an ugly easy opportunity and Chelsea missed a beautiful one...and its a matter of inches......Nobody wins in football without instances of luck, that simply cant be denied, because so many things can be considered as luck, thats what makes the game so unique. Its not clear cut, it cant be quantified, nothing...

Can we all agree we liked seeing Cristiano Ronaldo miss that penatly, and was hoping so badly that it would be the one that lose Manchester (and see him bawl again)....I guess well have to wait till Switzerland eliminates Portugal this summer to see those again :tup:

Or til we beat them again in the final! :P

Archived