CL Final: Manchester Utd - Chelsea

Irlandos

Who will win the CL final?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the CL final?

• Man Utd
    • Chelsea

Guest TheLegend

utd played like s%$#! in both games against barca but had big time luck on their side... so i dont see them winning this.. I think man u will win the epl and chelsea the cl

utd played like s%$#! in both games against barca but had big time luck on their side... so i dont see them winning this.. I think man u will win the epl and chelsea the cl

they played like s%$#! but had more chances missed a penalty and defended well. if they were on top of thier game they'd have murdered barca. only an english side is capable of knocking out another english side, they're just too strong. when i saw the draw in the quarter finals it was obvious to me that it would be a united- chelsea final as i posted in the quarter final thread. barca are not the team they were 2 years ago

they played like s%$#! but had more chances missed a penalty and defended well. if they were on top of thier game they'd have murdered barca. only an english side is capable of knocking out another english side, they're just too strong. when i saw the draw in the quarter finals it was obvious to me that it would be a united- chelsea final as i posted in the quarter final thread. barca are not the team they were 2 years ago

The penalty was a freak incident in the very first min of the tie. As for the chances I don't think they had more chances, what chances? Eto'o should have scored 2 in Spain and in England Deco missed a couple of big chances. What chances did Utd have? A couple of half chances here and there nothing more. I agree that the English teams are in great shape, but Barca dominated Utd and it's silly to talk about what might have happened if Man Utd had been on top of their game when Ronaldinho was injured, and Henry, Messi and Eto'o were not fully fit and playing through the pain barrier, as well as Puyol being suspended in the first leg. Barca dominated them with a depleted team.

Apart from the 4-1 win (with the aid of 2 deflections) agaisnt a West Ham team that didn't put any effort into the game, Man Utd haven't been convincing in a while. I'm backing Chelsea to get the business done through a Ballack and Drogba masterclass.

Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea

man utd beat barca twice, they won both matches and were comfortable barca did not look like scoring they were not direct enough, yes they had more posession than man utd but still lost twice. yes man u played badly vs west ham but still won 4-1 they have a knack of winning all the time without playing well thats what makes them a top side. barca have dominated sides in spain this year without winning and are 3rd well behind an average real madrid side, i would have loved barca to win the european cup but in truth they were lucky vs schalke,they were simply not good enough this season

man utd beat barca twice, they won both matches and were comfortable barca did not look like scoring they were not direct enough, yes they had more posession than man utd but still lost twice. yes man u played badly vs west ham but still won 4-1 they have a knack of winning all the time without playing well thats what makes them a top side. barca have dominated sides in spain this year without winning and are 3rd well behind an average real madrid side, i would have loved barca to win the european cup but in truth they were lucky vs schalke,they were simply not good enough this season

Man Utd didnt win both games, the first leg finished 0-0

Guest TheLegend

How embarassing it was for olympiacos to lose to Chelsea in Stamford bridge where they havnt lost in like what? 80 games? To Chelsea who is in the CL finals and tied in first in the EPL

popo.. re manges... drepome :LOL:

How embarassing it was for olympiacos to lose to Chelsea in Stamford bridge where they havnt lost in like what? 80 games? To Chelsea who is in the CL finals and tied in first in the EPL

popo.. re manges... drepome :LOL:

in the first leg chelsea rested players because they were in the carling cup final a few days later, thats how seriously they took olympiakos. the second leg olympiakos played like autograph hunters, it was embarassing if thats the best greece has to offer, at least fenerbahce gave chelsea a real go and played with a belief that they could win. losing 3-0 is nothing to be proud of at a time when chelsea were not even playing well, they lost to BARNSLEY shortly after breezing past oly.

i'm fed up of greek teams constanly under achieving

true, but most despise united slightly more

My experience is that Chelsea are no where near as hated as Utd. Plus Avraam Grant is a great guy so he gets alot of people wishing him well (whereas Fergusen is an arsehole! Imagine being married to that prick, his poor wife.)

My experience is that Chelsea are no where near as hated as Utd. Plus Avraam Grant is a great guy so he gets alot of people wishing him well (whereas Fergusen is an arsehole! Imagine being married to that prick, his poor wife.)

couldn't have put it better.

c'mon chelsea, will be intolerable if united win

couldn't have put it better.

c'mon chelsea, will be intolerable if united win

Who do you support in England mate?
no-one really i watch barnet from time to time, and even we got robbed at old trafford couple of seasons ago in the carling cup, we had our keeper sent off in the first min, would have beaten them if it wern't for that ref :LOL:

The Phantis poll is the only one that has Chelsea ahead of Utd. Personally, I'll be surprised if Chelsea lift it. Seems to me their bubble has already burst!

Chelsea have Utd's number imo. Alot depends depends on luck and the condition of the players... Drogba, Terry and Cole are recovering from injuries and Lampard is bound to be in a difficult place psychologically. If they first 3 have recovered and Lampard is able to use his personal tragedy as a motivation I think Chelsea will win. Ballack has been in inspired form and I think we'll see a master-class from him tonight helping them lift the trophy.

I hope for a good game. The winner will be Man U just because of Ronaldo in there starting 11. Drogba and Terry have some small injuries wich might effect them. No matter what i just want to see a good game.

Archived