Phantis Forums

Nikos Karelis ‒ (now playing for Panaitolikos)

plato-ny

skibbe also hasn't started holebas.

starts clubless tziolis and maniatis.

doesn't include ninis and fetfa in the squad.

decisions that a lot of us wouldn't have made either. as long as he gets us results he can do whatever he wants but i think these decisions will catch up to us when we're playing more formidable foes.

• Like it 2

^Absloloutley agree with you Amorgos.. It's great to be positive and enthusiastic about the team start but people here are going to start calling us negative when we speak the truth. The truth is the team had looked like s%$#! to start the qualifier, when you give a team like Gibraltor prime scoring chances and allow them to score a goal and essential finish even wi them I. The second half then you've played like s%$#!, when you get out played by Estonia for almost 90minutes then you've played like s%$#!. Bosnia has dominated Cypres and Estonia and smashed Estonia 5-0. In my mind Bosnia will beat us if we continue playing like this. Now back to Katelis should only play CF as he is s%$#! as a winger.. I don't mind him and Mitroglou as CF.  Skibbe has completely utilized the players the wrong way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unless mitroglou is on fire, I'd rather start karelis instead of him.  Mitroglou has been poor for the NT since 2014!

I'll concede that mitroglou is of a higher quality than karelis, but he doesn't fit with the system, selections, and tactics of the team. He's also inconsistent for club and country.

Also, karelis scores CLUTCH goals for genk...mitroglou is nowhere to be found in the important games. Against Belgium, I'd rather play karelis as striker, he could be lethal on the counter. 

^pash, thing is, we play a formation with only 1 striker.  ^argy, mitroglou is better...thats why he plays for benfica, and karelis plays for genk.  But, once again, mitro doesnt fit in with the NT.  Also, I would argue that karelis has a higher ceiling, since he is younger and seems hungrier.

16 hours ago, maggica said:

^pash, thing is, we play a formation with only 1 striker.  ^argy, mitroglou is better...thats why he plays for benfica, and karelis plays for genk.  But, once again, mitro doesnt fit in with the NT.  Also, I would argue that karelis has a higher ceiling, since he is younger and seems hungrier.

In that sense, maybe, but what i was trying to say is that Mitroglou's best is better than Karelis'.

• Argy changed the title to Nikos Karelis ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Nikos Karelis ‒ (now playing for Panaitolikos)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic
  • Argy unlocked this topic