Phantis Forums

Weightlifting Team Doping....

drakos13

http://www.contra.gr/Weightlifting/Hellas/193878.html

:( :( :(

This is absolutley horrible. I am very sad by this, I was really looking forward to watching them compete in the Olympics.....Greek weightlifting has always been a highlight for me.

11 out of 13 tested positive for some substance... They will be banned from the Olympics after a 2nd test.... :(

Now how many questions are going to be asked about dimas, kaxiasvili, and we all know what happened to Sampanis... :tdown:

Terrible day for Greek Athletics....Nightmare... :(

I believe this sport is doomed. Its just too tempting for almost every athlete active in weightlifting to make that little leap using something that might make team a medalist in a championship. It's one if not the only sport where your talant lies to 90% in your fysical strenght alone.

It is sad that this has happened but I am not really surpriced by this. This is not the first team to get caught with doping in the sport. The east european's had the same problem before we started winning medals at the olympics. 11 out of 13 athletes on the team to get caught at the same time is very bad I don't know how the other 2 made the team if they were clean. It is really a sad day for Greece and our athletes to be taged by this scandal just like our sprinter's the day before the opening of our Olympics in 2004. I hope that the team will be back in a few years and be clean. If we win medals great if not then great again as long as they are clean. We all know that we are not the only one's doping in this sport. The bad thing about all of this is that the one's taking the dope are at a very high risk of getting Cancer or other health problems. As a person that has had 5 back surgeries nothing is ever worth losing your health as far as I am concerned. I will say this again this is a Very Sad Day For Greek Sports. To finish off I say that whoever was giving the drugs should be put in jail for a very long time just as if they were caught selling Heroin by the ton. 20 years plus maybe then the next coach or trainer or doctor will be afaid to do this again in Greece. :gr: :gr: :gr: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Archived