Phantis Forums

The 2008 Mls season

paxiotis7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone watch mls ?

I watch it every once in a while just to see the level of competition. Watched the MLS All Stars vs. West Ham a couple days ago. Not a bad game. The MLS has some stars like Blanco, Angel, and of course Beckham. Overall though, I think the league needs more than a handful of great players to really make it interesting.

It's steadily increasing in popularity, and I think it's just a matter of time till it becomes a quality league.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Swedish player and Calvin Klein model Freddie Ljunberg signs with MLS expansion team Seattle Sounders. Might be Beckham deja vu (with less name recognition), but I think it's still good for the league. I remember him a few years back with Arsenal and Sweden as a very good player. Not sure how he's been lately, but he's gotta be better than most MLS players.

Here's a skeptical article on his move to Seattle: Ljunberg

• 1 year later...

I've watched quite a bit of the MLS this year and the 3 teams that really impressed me when on their day were LA, RSL and NER so i'm pleased to see 2 of them in the final. LA are better but i'll be rooting for RSL.

I think Movsisyan is a quality young player, would have loved to have seen him sign for a Greek club. He'll need to have a good game for RSL. RSL have always struck me as a useful counter attacking team and with LA's poor defence i wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here. I really don't understand why everyone rates Donovan Ricketts in the U.S., he's the worst keeper I've ever seen. One of his shocking mistakes and RSL are in. Should be good. Needless to say Donovan and Beckham will have to be watched closesly, but it can be done.

Archived