Phantis Forums

Leagues Apart

As you know, my relationship with Greece is a bit special.

I may sound gay - I don't care to be honest - but I felt something special when I saw all this images of Athens, a lot of good souvenirs came back...

The thing is, I always wanted to know a bit more about Greek football so I loved this show as it provided me with many answers to questions I never really asked.

However, I do agree that the Danny Dyer would have captured the atmosphere is a much better way. The problem being here is that the question of hooliganism is trying to be avoided and as such, part of the passion is not depicted as it should.

btw Dude are you in London mate? I might go back in May or something, might meet up if you want.

I may sound gay - I don't care to be honest - but I felt something special when I saw all this images of Athens, a lot of good souvenirs came back...

The thing is, I always wanted to know a bit more about Greek football so I loved this show as it provided me with many answers to questions I never really asked.

However, I do agree that the Danny Dyer would have captured the atmosphere is a much better way. The problem being here is that the question of hooliganism is trying to be avoided and as such, part of the passion is not depicted as it should.

btw Dude are you in London mate? I might go back in May or something, might meet up if you want.

I agree that as a documentary it's much more professional, and it does have some wonderful shots of Athens. You're right though, unfortunately much of the passion comes from the hooligan elements, it's a shame, but it's true.

When exactly are you in London? because in May I'm going to the UN with my uni course. PM me. :)

I agree that as a documentary it's much more professional, and it does have some wonderful shots of Athens. You're right though, unfortunately much of the passion comes from the hooligan elements, it's a shame, but it's true.

When exactly are you in London? because in May I'm going to the UN with my uni course. PM me. :)

I will PM you when I'm around.

The Danny Dyer show would have shown this passion in a less official way than this but still I thought it was well done with many historical facts.

Much better than the "Real Football Factories" show:

http://video.google.co.uk/videopopup?q=htt...o+-+Full+Screen

Very very interesting.

Did you like it mate? I though it was overrated. It didn't capture the passion of the Olympiakos-PAO derby imo.
you know i think you are right.

it didnt do a good job going into history and interviewed random people at bars (they are good examples of average suporters, but to select 1-2 and stick with them throughout the whole film is ridiculous...

the tension comes through the press/coverage, fans, history everything....PAO was not well represented in all this which pissed me off.

IMO it should s kids, teenagers, adults, old people supporters of the team and interviewing them, seeing how they are.....every generation has diff stories to tell about this battle and what their club has meant to them! Go into a PAO / OSFP fan club....these guys love the opportunity and are a great resource on these topics (to show part of the real nature)

Very very interesting.

Whats the show called? I want to look it up. The link isnt working for me.

nvm lol i shuolda figured it was called leagues apart :LOL:

Anyways i found it, thanks, interessting program so far

Very very interesting.

Did you like it mate? I though it was overrated. It didn't capture the passion of the Olympiakos-PAO derby imo.
you know i think you are right.

it didnt do a good job going into history and interviewed random people at bars (they are good examples of average suporters, but to select 1-2 and stick with them throughout the whole film is ridiculous...

the tension comes through the press/coverage, fans, history everything....PAO was not well represented in all this which pissed me off.

IMO it should s kids, teenagers, adults, old people supporters of the team and interviewing them, seeing how they are.....every generation has diff stories to tell about this battle and what their club has meant to them! Go into a PAO / OSFP fan club....these guys love the opportunity and are a great resource on these topics (to show part of the real nature)

You are 100% right, I was just about to post that! Maybe it's because it was at the Karaiskaki. But still though, I thought it was dumb. At least Danny Dyer gets both perspectives.

I reckon we should go and do one together of all the BIG derbies in Greece & Cyprus... Aris-PAOK, Oly-PAO, APOEL-Omonia, etc :D Then we can carry out a comparative study with the atmosphere in the rest of Europe. I'll go to games like Inter-Milan, Celtic-Rangers, Barca-Real, and you can go to the other derbies, like Middlesborough-Newcastle, and Clubbe Brugge-Cercle Brugee :LOL:

Honestly, the Real Football Factories' episode on Turkey is far from objective.

Besiktas is not even mentioned once! Fenerbace depicted as crazy but nice and welcoming guys and the Galastaray guys are shown are hostile and nutters ready to kill any English.

The episode itself is not very interesting and they could have done like Serbia and Croatia and crossing the border with Greece...

I enojoyed that prgram, thanks for introducing it to me. Your right Drakos it was really olympiakos biast and didnt focus on Pao so much. Its a shot that is different from football factories. FF focus' more about hooligianism violance and the crown in general. While leagues apart focus on the culture of the clubs. I personally like football factories more but it was still interested to see a show aobut football in greece.

I agree, danny dyer in turkey should have gone to greece insted of doing that lame segment on division 2 turkey

i downloaded this a while back --- pretty good -- not much on PAO though

Anyone see the Real Football Factories episode in Serbia? Those guys were insane. they had a guy there who actually admitted to raping a fan of another squad in a graveyard --- and they were both dudes. Sick man, sick.

Anyone see the Real Football Factories episode in Serbia? Those guys were insane. they had a guy there who actually admitted to raping a fan of another squad in a graveyard --- and they were both dudes. Sick man, sick.

I know and the guy jokes about it like its funny. :blink:

But ya i enjoyed that episode. It scares me. The seperation off a nation started at a football game. And the firms went to the front line. Its pure crazy

I thought this was pretty cool. dude and drakos are right in that it didnt capture the atmosphere or the rivalry, and there was too big an emphasis on the olympiakos perspective. it also focussed too much on the rioting and hooliganism. After all, was it a programme on the derby or the hooligans? I didn't like that. But it was at least nice to see an english-language programme on the derby.

• 3 weeks later...

The Real Football Factories International are a bit weak to be honest.

The domestic ones are ok, with the London one being the most "complete" of all.

The International serie is full of cliché and is often very boring. The Poland and Russia are episodes are exactly the same!

This also happens with Argentina. Let's not forget that Danny Dyer keeps calling the ultra groups "Firms" which is totally wrong :nono:

Archived