Phantis Forums

AEK - Olympiakos

george21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously a must-win. But let's be honest, AEK won't win and everyone knows it. I'll go with a 1-1 and one or two penalties against OLY that won't get called.

Is there even a point in watching?

Dont watch the game.I will watch it for both of us and i will let you know how it goes... :D

Does anyone know where I can watch this game? Will it be available to buy from Supersport.gr?

Ant1 satelite will broadcast it live and Supersport website should have it also.

WTF KOSTENOGLOU IS NOT GONNA START BLANCO TI PAS NA KANEIS TOPA FILE NA MAS KOPSIS TIN ANASA RE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT BE STUPID I BELEIVE THIS KID IS BURNING FOR A GOL VS OLY AFTER THE KALA GAME AND WE PUT IN LYBE FOR HASENT PLAYED IN SOME TIME .

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR AND OUR BEST GOL IS GONNA SIT GO FIGURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF KOSTENOGLOU IS NOT GONNA START BLANCO TI PAS NA KANEIS TOPA FILE NA MAS KOPSIS TIN ANASA RE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT BE STUPID I BELEIVE THIS KID IS BURNING FOR A GOL VS OLY AFTER THE KALA GAME AND WE PUT IN LYBE FOR HASENT PLAYED IN SOME TIME .

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR AND OUR BEST GOL IS GONNA SIT GO FIGURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me what the logic is in not starting Blanco? Have his performances beeen poor (apart from the goals)?

Who knows really. Maybe he's going to be a sub or something, or maybe it's Kostenoglou's way of showing who's boss after the "Ribo" that Blanco pulled last game (you know, ignoring him, not shaking hands with him etc) ...

Lybe who's been out for quite some time vs Blanco who's in form and a great goalscorer ... I don't know what this guy's logic is.

Well Blanco will start. Kostenoglou will be playing a 4-4-2 formation with Lybe and Blanco in the attack. About the game is going to be a hard a game but if we play with passion we can win. 2-1 for us......

Oh, come on guys, why don't you care???!!! Admit it, you'd rather see PAO win this one than gavroi! ;) :LOL:

I think the pressure will be on gravoi tomorrow. Let me make a crazy prediction, 3-1

Well, if you want to think that way Athinaie ... I think that for team morale and with a strategic view to the situation ... if AEK fail to be champions, then its for the best if the status quo is maintained ...

all that said with cold and pure logic... and AEK is one of the few teams in Greece that wont use that logic and go for the win no matter what.

Derbies are judged by many factors, and right now Olympiakos seem to have the upper hand in Psychology, Team Atmosphere, Coaching Staff (Segura is not at all a rookie and also knows AEK from within) etc...

AEK is the one who goes for only 1 result and has a 66.6% -33.3% ratio of more anxiety than OSFP too...

However, I am 37 now, and in my life I have seen too many derbies to fall into the trap of a solid prediction.

The team that will enter the pitch with fire in their eyes (thats the exact opposite of how AEK entered the last 2 Derbies with PAO, if you are wondering) will have more chances,... then there are mistakes, misjudgements, referee errors (unforced I like to hope) and pure chance that can turn a derbie upside down at any time, no matter the favorite, no matter the score ...

If a player misses a tackle and gets a red card the whole set of strategies change, for example...

May the best team win...

I will be in 99.9% :box:

Well, if you want to think that way Athinaie ... I think that for team morale and with a strategic view to the situation ... if AEK fail to be champions, then its for the best if the status quo is maintained ...

all that said with cold and pure logic... and AEK is one of the few teams in Greece that wont use that logic and go for the win no matter what.

I'm not sure I understand. Why is the status-quo better?

Anyway, I wish things were better in the Greek league, but as a PAO fan I'd like AEK to beat OLY, and I'd prefer AEK winning the title instead of gavroi.... especially with the 3 points they stole from Kalamaria.

I don't see gavroi being all that better, honestly. Unlike other years when they were better, this year they struggle.

But, you're right, in a derby the psychology is more important than strategy. I believe that the players who want it more usually win the game.

Guest TheLegend

Lol your kidding right? This team player to player is much better than any other team and much better than past teams. Its that last year Rivaldo single handidly turned games.

I explain, IF a team the size of AEK would think strategically about the Trophy Holder, and inthe case they are not them ... and IF the Management of the club begin to feel the pressure from many years of failure to be #1,

they sure dont like to see PAO, PAOK, ARIS, etc ... start winning the damn thing ...

Definitelly the status quo is somehow a settling point ... psychologically ... think about it ...

However, we cannot keep talking about it as if this could ever be a viable strategy for a team like AEK and with an AEK with the Nikolaidis philosophy.

At least now, we go 100% for the win no matter what ...

The only stategic thing I have seen from the Demis Administration and to be honest I did not like ... was the ranking of our goals leaving Europe as a Distant second ...

Archived