Phantis Forums

Greece-Cyprus

Omonoia9

Alas, my 2 homelands oppose each other in Patra. As the new mod of the Cypriot National Team forum I should root for Cyprus. Maybe I pray for a draw......PAME KYPRO.......or PAME ELLADA......OH THIS IS SO DIFFICULT. Any other halfies out there?!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas, my 2 homelands oppose each other in Patra. As the new mod of the Cypriot National Team forum I should root for Cyprus. Maybe I pray for a draw......PAME KYPRO.......or PAME ELLADA......OH THIS IS SO DIFFICULT. Any other halfies out there?!

Talk about having split loyalties here! To be honest though, because it's a friendly, I'll probably be rooting for the underdogs... Greece! :P Nah seriously, I'll be rooting for the underdogs: Cyprus. The way i see it, is like a city of Greece is playing the rest of the country. If you're from Thessaloniki and a city-team played Greece, you'd probably support Thessaloniki right? That's the logic I'm approaching this with. So I want the underdogs! :P

One thing's for sure though, I want no injuries!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK let me get this straight you have OKKAS, ALONEFTIS, CHARALAMBIDES< KONSTANTINOU, MAKRIDES,CHARALAMBOUS all out to prove something to the mother land!!!!!!AGGELos Annastastiades is no idiot here i see a draw in the works with Cyprus playing some good football as we all aware the Azzuri will be going to the Hot GSP in September the boys will be ready!!!!!

OK let me get this straight you have OKKAS, ALONEFTIS, CHARALAMBIDES< KONSTANTINOU, MAKRIDES,CHARALAMBOUS all out to prove something to the mother land!!!!!!AGGELos Annastastiades is no idiot here i see a draw in the works with Cyprus playing some good football as we all aware the Azzuri will be going to the Hot GSP in September the boys will be ready!!!!!

Hot GSP??? :huh: Unless they start playing the games in Lemesso again we'll never see a "hot" atmosphere for Cypriot NT games.

@ Omonia9: There aren't any friendlies to go so each one is vital for preparation. Greece will def play a full team.

I can't believe I'll be supporting a team playing Greece, I feel sick at the thought! :P But the banter on here after the game finishes Greece 1-2 Cyprus will be priceless! :D

PREDICTION GREECE Bs(with a couple As blind folded) 6 - 0 Cyprus

HAHA That's fighting talk! :P

Don't underestimate Cyprus. The team's forward quartet of Konstantinou, Okkas, Alonefti and Makridi are quite dangerous. :D

6-0, 3-0... these predictions will only make the Cypriots more determined! :P

Personally I think it will be a high scoring game. Whenever the 2 meet it's always like 4-2 or something. It will be really good to see :tup:

I still think the game should have been played in Cyprus though <_< Greece needs to play as many away games as possible in preperation for Euro 2008, and it would also have given the Cypriots a chance to give them a great send off.

what is to estimate about Cyprus.....there awful :LOL:

its a friendly anyways...Greece will likley just be testing out things offensively, a result isnt important, finding what works for Greece's offense will likely be the only focus of the game.

A country with a population of 700000 people currently ranked 63th in the world...Thrashing teams like the Republic of Ireland tieing the Germans giving the Czechs headaches yeah i guess there s%$#!..We fight we show are greek heart we have our pride we dont need anti Turkish Albanians to root for us.... Bravo stin Kypro and the players they have we look up to our Greek team and im sure will give them a fight as we have one thing going for us we have the best Greek coach to ever coach a soccer team on our side.......talent is looking up for our team with the likes of Efrem of Rangers and Tsaklis of Man City the future of our team!!!! WHO KNOWS MAYBE CYPRUS WILL PLAY THERE RESERVES FOR THIS GAME im sure it will be a proponisi for both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is to estimate about Cyprus.....there awful :LOL:

its a friendly anyways...Greece will likley just be testing out things offensively, a result isnt important, finding what works for Greece's offense will likely be the only focus of the game.

You'll be in for a surprise in this game then. Cyprus batter her small counter-parts. Ireland, Wales, Malta, etc are all inferior. While Cyprus has drawn with Germany at home (and had a late goal ruled off for offside), you think many teams would do that? Cyprus also given France and Portugal a scare in the past too, the Czechs also. Cyprus are very good going forward, up until a couple of years ago when they were all at their best Okkas, Konstantinou, Alonefti, Georgallidis and possibly Makridi would all have been in the Greece squad and in some cases the first team. There isn't depth in the squad though, so having 5 good players isn't good enough to qualify for a major tournament, but you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see them in this game.

Germany:

Czech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZp1rruquug...feature=related

a few near misses with Germany and Czech Rep in games they didnt care about isnt proving anything man....well see on the game..but historically, Cyprus are awful.

Im sure they have some decent players but i dont think the result will shock anybody...Greece needs to get in the habbit of scoring goals and being confident about it.....Im hoping thats what this game accomplishes...

a few near misses with Germany and Czech Rep in games they didnt care about isnt proving anything man....well see on the game..but historically, Cyprus are awful.

Im sure they have some decent players but i dont think the result will shock anybody...Greece needs to get in the habbit of scoring goals and being confident about it.....Im hoping thats what this game accomplishes...

Games they didnt care about? They both wanted to win the group and Cyprus was a must win game. And so what if it was a game that they didn't really care about? when Germany beat england in a friendly recently they didnt really care either.ou' do you think greece would beat germany in a game the germans wouldnt really care about?

with regards to cyprus, you are doing what many foreigners do with regards to Greece. You rate the team based on reputation. Have you actually seen Cyprus play or are you saying they're awful because of reputation? Cyprus aren't the most effective team because they don't have enough depth, but they play attractive, attacking football.

Bravo levendi mou!!!!! the Welsh didnt care about there game either at the GSP when Cyprus thrashed them aswell... Afistous na miloun even though they have never seen a match in there lives..The Irish were talking as well but unfortunately there coach got sacked because of Cyprus!!!!!

Archived