Phantis Forums

Brett Favre

Today 4 March 2008 Brett Favre announced his retirement after 17 seasons in the NFL. He will be missed and defenetly a Hall of Famer!!!!!! It was great watching him play all this years....

I'm with loup on this. Yes, he was a good player, but personally I think he should have retired a long time ago. He cost his team dearly in the last few seasons, by carelessly throwing the ball up for grabs, resulting in critical interceptions. Maybe he was going after records -- I don't know. He just didn't do it for me anymore.

However, that being said, it's sad to see players retire. You feel like the old guard is out and the new hot shots are now running the game. Just makes me feel old :tdown:

Enjoy life beyond football Bret Favre :tup: :tup: You had a great career!

• 4 months later...

its a great day for 49er fans no more torchure of a great player ha :tup:

what a great career he has had and a great player

Hey, I'm a Bears fan. For 15 years Favre owned the Bears!

I have to admit though, I got lots of respect for him, and with rumors of him possibly coming back, I wouldn't mind seeing him wearing a navy blue Bears jersey for his last season. :nw:

Favre has requested his release from the Packers. The Packers are prepared to move on from the Favre years.

Teams likely to go hard after Favre are.

Vikings.... which would make them serious Super Bowl contenders. The problem is the same division as the Packers

Bears... they really need a QB.. The problem same as above

Ravens.... Could use the experience at QB, & mold Flacco> Perfect for the Packers since they are out of conference

Redskins..... With that owner anything is possible + the new coach runs the west coast offense, which is the system Favre knows well. Problem is in conference.

Whatever the case the Packer faithful have to be bleeding

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

he's a jet

will be tough to get them to the playoffs though

That sucks, I might be mistaken but I don't remember the Jets doing anything good recently. I'm really disappointed that he didn't join the Bucs, I would have definitely bought tickets to watch him play before he retires. Bears would have been an awesome choice too. As a Bears fan, I grew up watching Favre grow as a quarterback more than any other Bears has-been.

It reminds me of when Montana, one of my all time favorite players, joined the Chiefs. He did well, and I got to see the Legend play in Tampa (Chiefs vs. Bucs) before he was gone for good.

Just don't know how well the Jets will do, if they will even make it to the playoffs. I also don't like to see Favre retire like that, if things stink with the Jets. But maybe it's all about cash these days so who knows if he really cares, although I'd like to think a guy like Favre actually has a "love for the game".

Archived