Phantis Forums

2004 Memories

loup

After nearly 4 years ---Which of these brings the biggest smile to your face?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. After nearly 4 years ---Which of these brings the biggest smile to your face?

• Karagounis bomb vs Portugal
    • Basinas' penalty after Ronaldo tripped up Giorkas vs Portugal
    • Tsartas' huge cross to Charisteas to tie Spain
    • Vryzas battling to get us to the quarters vs Russia
    • Zagorakis feeding Charisteas in the box to knock out France
    • Zagorakis outplaying the French midfielders
    • Kapsis beating up and beating down the giant Koler
    • Dellas scoring the final silver goal in soccer history
    • Ronaldo bawing his eyes out
    • The afterparty

My favorite is a toss up from a few. But i voted for the france goal. I never thought greece had a chance vs france. it was such a beatiful goal- i love how zagorakis popped the ball over the frenchmens head

mine was a toss up between

Zagorakis feeding Charisteas in the box to knock out France

Dellas scoring the final silver goal in soccer history

Ronaldo bawing his eyes out

i choose first option as i to didnt think we had what it took to knock france out... Also in my opinon was the best goal scored in our tenure of Euro 2004

I choose the first one, about Karagounis's first goal in Euro 2004. Once he scored the goal, I yelled so loud the whole cafe was viberating. :LOL:

Then I made a "silent" gesture towards the Portugese fans and told them to "shhhhhhhhh" :LOL:

I choose the first one, about Karagounis's first goal in Euro 2004. Once he scored the goal, I yelled so loud the whole cafe was viberating. :LOL:

Then I made a "silent" gesture towards the Portugese fans and told them to "shhhhhhhhh" :LOL:

thats tough ---- we were all watching at my brothers house and really had no expectations although the night before the game I had a dream that we won 2-1 -- when Kara bulged the onion bag as they say it must have taken me 3-4 seconds to fully understand that we really scored ---- that night I was in complete euphoria :gr:

my buddy called the local Portugese club to give them crap after the game

Me going apeshit after Dellas scored the game-winner vs. Czech Republic while I was in Germany was probably the best moment I had during the Euros outside of the final.

Ronaldo crying was also awesome, espeically after partying all-afternoon w/ Greek-Cypriots on July 4 in the USA.

Finally, watching a bunch of Germans in a bar on Lake Constance applaud and celebrate Charisteas's goal vs. France was also a sight to behold. God, all of those great memories. I hope the same will transpire again this summer.

even alongside winning the cup, I still rate that late Dellas goal as our best moment.

That is when it really hit you in - Greece is THERE in the finals and is really on top of the headlines. Greece beat the favourite to win, and was going to the final, in the blink of an eye.

Also, i was at that point in a very rough match I thought we were going to penalties...I was terrified of what could happen in penalties...absolutley horrified at the thought.

Guest TheLegend

winning the france game, everyone going from, OMYGOD WERE IN THE QUARTERS, to OMYGOD WE CAN WIN THIS...

Astoria, NY was going crazy. People were climbing the bank canapies and car roofs with flares, police came but since the cheifs were greek it was allowed lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived