Phantis Forums

Panionios 2-1 Ergotelis

ukchris

So, I'm typing this at home in England, just like I always do on a Sunday, but the big difference is that today I actually went to the game! I just got back from the airport, still wearing my Panionios shirt (someone at Athens airport mistook me for a player, which I was obviously quite pleased about!). We'd been out in Athens since Wednesday visiting my wife's family and I naturally had to round the trip off with the game.

To be honest, we didn't really play very well. Choukos and Djebbour both took their goals very well in the first half, but we looked oddly lifeless in the second half and it was clear we were letting Ergtoelis back into the game. They had a lot more chances than we did and our defence was beginning to look quite shakey.

Sure enough, they eventually scored and Panionios were having to kill time at the end of the game by keeping the ball in the corner. That's not really how you'd hope to end a game against the bottom club when you were 2-0 up before half time.

Anyway, the win is obviously the most important thing and the way the other results went, we're right back in the UEFA Cup hunt. We're playing most of the teams directly above us in the next few weeks, so our destiny is really in our hands.

Right, I'm shattered so I'm off to bed. Is anyone even reading this? There certainly don't seem to be any other Panionios fans on here. Ah well, if you are reading, here's a picture of the game...

Posted Image

Go go Panthers!!

:D

Well, I've only seen him in this one game, but Choutos played pretty well. His finish for the goal was top quality - it was a one on one breakaway and he stayed calm and slotted it home nicely. I wasn't sure how well he linked up with Djebbour, but it's still early days, But you could certainly tell that he was a class above some of the other players on the pitch. I'm definitely glad we have him.

panionios used to have a played called Travis Dodd. This guy used to go to my school and we were team mates.. he also scored a goal in a uefa cup victory panionios had 2-3 years ago. i think he was a great player for them but a new coach never put him on...

he is now back in Adelaide, Australia.. playing in the A-League and has had appearances for Australia (Socceroos) So i used to follow panionios at the same time as PAO. Is Pantazis still owner/part owner of the club?

i also think panionios has the best anthem out of any other greek club in the league.

and used to have the best logo..

what are the attendences like these days? any thing close to filling the stadium?

Archived