Phantis Forums

Superleague Schedule 2-16/17-2008

Hello Crazy,

Can you please use the following notations for the Canadian listings:

Odyssey (Antenna Satellite)

ERT World (Canada)

Setanta Sports (Canada)

PS The notation of OTN 1 & 2 does not exist anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Already done.I took care of it and thank you so much for the info.Check it out and tell me if its corect now.Also if you have any other ideas/suggestions please feel free to let us know.I am gratefull for any help by any member that we can get or notes/comments or something that we might have missed.Thank u all in advance.

Hello Crazy,

Can you please use the following notations for the Canadian listings:

Odyssey (Antenna Satellite)

ERT World (Canada)

Setanta Sports (Canada)

PS The notation of OTN 1 & 2 does not exist anymore.

Thanks in advance.

May I ask where you got your info that OTN1 & OTN2 no longer exist? According to the Odyssey TV website (which was recently updated) they still refer to these channels as Odyssey 1 & Odyssey 2.

As for ERT World & Setanta is there some reason why the word 'Canada' is in brackets?? I am the one who updated the channel names and descriptions and I don't see what was wrong with what I had?! These are CDN versions of these channels so the word Canada should be present not hidden away in brackets. I don't see the logic behind this bracket thing :huh:

I wonder if someone could get clarification from Odyssey on what exactly their damn channels are called?! The names I used are from the CRTC website, these are official and only updated when info is sent to them from the broadcaster. According to the CRTC site, they list Odyssey and ERT Sat Canada. Of course ERT Sat no longer exists so I am listing this channel as ERT World Canada.

Thanks for editing my post i try to edited the post i did not have any success.

You're welcome. I think you can have a window of something like 60 minutes to edit your own post, counting from the time of posting. Plus, that's what I'm here for. To help with things.

The ERT World channel in Canada is exactly the same as the one in the US. The Canadian content is on Odyssey. Why dont you call it ERT World ?

For starters, ERT World in Canada is a Canadian digital channel operating under license from the CRTC, so that makes it different from the one in the US. Second, it does have CDN content , even though you may not have noticed it. Odyssey is required to show more than ERT World which is why its more visible but ERT World Canada airs some of the same local shows that air on Odyssey. Here is a link to the schedule for Today, check out 5am, 11am & 6pm that is all CDN content: http://www.odysseytv.ca/Monday2.html

There is no need to explain anything to me, I understand perfectly. I don't know whether they are showing CDN content or just saying that they are, all I know is that these are CDN channels therefore as per CRTC rules they must have a certain percentage of CDN content. Check the CRTC website, you will see that MEGA Cosmos & ERT World are CDN specialty channels that feaure programming from the respect networks.

I am done with this discussion, we are obiviously both stubborn Greeks and neither person is backing down from their position so no point continuing the discussion. Enjoy your channels, I hope they are as you say and don't show any crap CDN content- I prefer my channels pure, not butchered clones like us Canucks get here where most of the channels are CDN versions of American channels.

:gr:

Thanks Crazy, HellasHab is making a big deal about calling the station ERT WORLD CANADA. The station is called ERT WORLD and should be changed to reflect this.

Thank you.

Ok,from my understanding both of you live in Canada and both of you watch the same channel.Since you guys both agree on the ERT World part and the only debatable word is the Canada,in my eyes,this is a not so important subject to be debating.It is not like HellasHab wants to call it "Al Tsantiri News" or something...ERT World Canada or ERT World Usa or ERT World Australia is pretty much the same,it sends the same message to our greek friends and communities around the world, that Your ERT that you have playing at your home Tv at this moment is going to have those games on that time.That is important,now if its going to say Canada or Australia at the back,as i said earlier,not that important,at least for me.Since HellasHab is the member updating that part of the TV schedule,it is up to him to decide.

This is unbelievable, what is the big deal about the name of the friggin' channel?? Geez, do you have not have anything better to do than wine about whether its ERT World or ERT World Canada?! Why do you not understand that this is a CANADIAN channel, here is some more proof for you, a recent ad in the newspaper from Odyssey about their TV channels:

Posted Image

It says very clearly OTN- with programming from ERT Sat (should be ERT World). For the last time, this is NOT the same channel as in the US!!

Bullshit. These people can say whatever they want. If they told you they own the CBC, you would believe them.

Which part of end of subject you did not get? :o

We heard your arguments,we analyzed the situation and we came to an end result.END OF STORY,move on.We need your advice and help on some other more important issues and i would hate not be able to ask you just because of this matter.For the last time,end of story and drop it please.

with at most respect.

On another note your Alpha Australia description is abit wrong..

Alpha Australia is the international network of ANT1 for North America. It is available in Australia via UBI World TV. This channel shows the soccer games that are carried by Alpha TV in Greece.

Archived