Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
The article on sportime you provided us is a bit wrong.

Here another more precise one:

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=58274

and if you read the todays newspapers the are some got articles in the frontpage aswell.

According to that Kalamaria cant loose points because there already exists an decision from an higher instance than EPO. The only thing that kalamaria will loose is the player for this season.

"our decision is not to decide rather to extend the decision until March 5"

why?? do they have anything better to do??

They wanted to extend this till the mentioned date cause there where several cases similar to the one of Walner beeing judged by FIFA.

One of those ended today as i already have reported.

In this one FIFA decided that the players isnt allowed to play any games for the rest of this season.

The team this player was last in didnt get any punishment though since there is non such law that would give the points of the game played to the opponent.

I want to believe that EPO will hold on this decision of FIFA aswell.

If this would be the case then Olympiakos will not get the 3 Points from the game against Kalamaria and so with a win against AEK and Atromitos we would be 7 points from the second olympiakos in case he wins against Tripoli.

Well, all the judges have to do is to read this Phantis forum and they'll make the right decision :P

So to summarize, Kalamaria can't be punished by forfeiting the game, nor can the game be replayed because:

1 --> EPO appeals court has already decided on what happens when EPO has issued a registration:

Decisions 137/2003 and 138/2003 http://www.epo.gr/kanonismoi/law.asp?e_nom...m_sub_cat_id=14 (pMelachrinosrasing here: once EPO issues registration, the player is legal to play. No team can appeal his participation in a game, and if they do, they can only do it if they can prove malicious intent, otherwise the appeal must be rejected outright. Yep! it says so explicitly.)

2 --> EPO appeals court has also decided (and it has become part of the Greek sports law (nomologia) what should happen if the law does not explicitly spell out a punishment for an offense:

Decision 224/2002 http://www.epo.gr/kanonismoi/law.asp?e_nom...m_sub_cat_id=15

(PMelachrinosrasing here: The EPO court of appeals tries cases and hands out punishments that are spelled out in the KAP and other laws of the game. BUT, if an irregularity, or punishment are not explicitly spelled out in the laws, then the appeal is rejected)

3 --> We have now a precedent from a higher court authority (FIFA) http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=58274 that exonerates the club, and does not forfeit its games, but punishes the player.

It's all uphill now for Olympiakos whose layers already began the painful task of trying to prove malicious intent by Kalamaria (sorry I can't find the link any longer).

What's in it for Panathinaikos: If the Kalamaria-Olympiakos appeal stands, and we beat our postponed game @ Atromitos, we can be 4 points ahead of Olympiakos (assuming we beat AEK on Sunday and our games, but 4 points a good cushion with 10 games to go)

This are great news for us :tup: :tup: :tup: but i want the points and not a rematch of the game.I am a greety fellow today :P :P :P :P

thank you NikosVazelas for the great news :tup: :tup: :tup:

Well, I fail to see how being awarded three points you lost on the pitch by a committee can make you this happy but whatever suits you my friend. I never doubted that OSFP will get the three points or at least a rematch and this is why I was always hesitant to share the sentiment that PAO is the favourite for the title. Given that the rule according to which a player cannot play for 3 clubs in the same season is clearly not made to protect the opposition or the fairness of the competition, to take the points away from the club that committed the offence is unfair. It's like being involved in a car accident while not wearing a seatbelt and being forced to compensate the other driver exactly for that reason. The seatbelt rule is not there to protect the other driver and, thus, such a decision would be unfair. The same principle applies here, in my opinion.

It makes me happy because all this time i have heard a lot of crying and moaning over the whole subject and even tho i have said from the start of this mess that Osfp should NOT get the points,it is funny that a same exact case in Portugal ended up with the team in Kalamarias shoes losing the game on papers,losing 3 extra points and lost the player.No rematch no nothing.That is the funny point..

It makes me happy because all this time i have heard a lot of crying and moaning over the whole subject and even tho i have said from the start of this mess that Osfp should NOT get the points,it is funny that a same exact case in Portugal ended up with the team in Kalamarias shoes losing the game on papers,losing 3 extra points and lost the player.No rematch no nothing.That is the funny point..

I'd rather play them, win 5-0 and go on to win the league.

You guys are funny. Portugal's justice system is not something we should be getting guidance from. Greece is the greatest country in the world, and its more advanced justice system will do the right think: subtract six points from Olympiakos for breaking our nuts with machinations to win the league outside the pitch. :LOL:

Seriously, what's really lost in all these posts and (ahem) reports, is the fact that Kalamaria made no errors. They won their game fair and square. If there was an error, it was made by EPO who issued the registration in the first place (assuming Kalamaria or the player did not forge any papers to get it).

DUDE: you played them already and lost without having a single chance to score. Remember?

AAAaaaaaaaa make up your mind people.Before we were the only bad people doing it,now that some teams in Portugal had the same situation,you dont agree with the result,nobody really knows how this story will end here in Greece so what should we do??I am not going to lose any sleep over it.The funny thing will be if we get ordered to replay the game and manage to lose again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guest TheLegend

You guys are funny. Portugal's justice system is not something we should be getting guidance from. Greece is the greatest country in the world, and its more advanced justice system will do the right think: subtract six points from Olympiakos for breaking our nuts with machinations to win the league outside the pitch. :LOL:

Seriously, what's really lost in all these posts and (ahem) reports, is the fact that Kalamaria made no errors. They won their game fair and square. If there was an error, it was made by EPO who issued the registration in the first place (assuming Kalamaria or the player did not forge any papers to get it).

DUDE: you played them already and lost without having a single chance to score. Remember?

Portugal, Scotland and now Greece. But of course since its happening for Olympiacos the rule is stupid and shouldnt be followed. Im sure thats what biased opinions think in Portugal and Scotland as well.... ;)

Hey guys you seem to have misunderstood some things. The issue in Portugal first hasnt been decided by the portuguese sports courts but by FIFA itself.

Second the team Belenenses i think its name didnt get any points discarded from the game which was appealed.Only the player got punished by not beeing able to play for the rest of the season.

Hey guys you seem to have misunderstood some things. The issue in Portugal first hasnt been decided by the portuguese sports courts but by FIFA itself.

Second the team Belenenses i think its name didnt get any points discarded from the game which was appealed.Only the player got punished by not beeing able to play for the rest of the season.

If you read the article that has been posted here it says that they lost the 3 points from that game plus an additional 3.Total of -6 points.

Sure, Valner gave an unfair advantage to Kalamaria :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The mighty Oly was taken advantage of by a nomad in search of a home! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS>wasn't Valner's sub that scored the goal against gavroi?!!! :LOL: :LOL:

PS>Even Einstein made his choice! Nice avatar Cyber!

Guest TheLegend

Sure, Valner gave an unfair advantage to Kalamaria :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

The mighty Oly was taken advantage of by a nomad in search of a home! :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

PS>wasn't Valner's sub that scored the goal against gavroi?!!! :LOL:  :LOL:

PS>Even Einstein made his choice!  Nice avatar Cyber!

Since when do you bend the rules if the guy didnt score. Illegal player, break the rules, get punished. You guys are wining that you shold appeal the AEK game for a very hard call to make and then you say "o yea but u know.. he didnt score so it doesnt matter"

Hey Crazy tell us that this whole process makes you PROUD of your team.

Its a circus, & your team is playing the role of the clown

If you dont know how i stand on this subject check the first page on this topic.I agree that greek soccer is a circus but is it not your president the SL top dog this year??? :LOL: :LOL:

Hey NYPAO13 does your team memo today about the refs that happened to be the exact copy of last weeks Hraklis-AEK game with different names and signatures makes you PROUD of yours??

Unfortunatelly most people dealing or managing greek soccer are clowns my friend.For me,you and some others in here our teams are our second love while for them is money and business.We see and critisize everything,get tired or excited or frustrated about our teams while them are just playing in our backs personal power and money games so dont get me started.

This game should not be replayed and Kalamaria should not get punished.The people who did not check and gave the player the certificate to play should lose their jobs.(Just in case you are lazy to go back and check) :)

that all doc

Archived