Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good research my friend.. but i dont think anyone knows anyone from kalamaria..

the kalamaria coach probably doesnt even know the players names.. lol

but once the decision is made, i think its over.. or can kalamaria still appeal?

very good research my friend.. but i dont think anyone knows anyone from kalamaria..

the kalamaria coach probably doesnt even know the players names.. lol

but once the decision is made, i think its over.. or can kalamaria still appeal?

Ofcourse Kalamaria can i appeal and they are probably going to do so after the official statement of the judges comes out tommorow.

Great post Cyber! But, I don't think the officials in Greece have any interest in reading! They pull things out of their asses.

Yet, if I understood what they said already, Kalamaria didn't try to fool anybody... ["

thanks tsoglani

cyber... is there any way of getting that statement translated in english?? i can make more sense of it in english

thanks tsoglani

cyber... is there any way of getting that statement translated in english?? i can make more sense of it in english

I am a terrible translator, but I'll give it a shot (others please correct whatever seems weird). The quotes are my best translation, anything outside quotes is free translation.

Article 37 of the KAP (Regulations of Football Competition) which is the official document of EPO (mostly a translation of FIFA rules with the Greek laws as they have been shaped over the years in the Appeals courts.

The title says:

"until a player's registration is revoked, a player plays normally, unless the issuance of the registration was the result of malicious action."

I am going to summarize this, maybe someone else can give it a good translation shot.

It mentions what body is responsible for hearing appeals that challenge the validity of transfers, and it explicitly mentions that "until a player's registration is revoked by EPO, or after an appeal from the Appeals Committee, the player plays normally (not sure how to translate "kanonika", it usually means "without problems"), unless the issuance of the registration was the result of a malicious act by the team or the player".

"In addition, any appeal (from opposing club or from a third party) for irregular participation of a player in a game, that is based on a claim of erroneous or not legal registration or illegal transfer, must be rejected, unless those who appeal can prove that malicious intent was involved."

Sorry if this sounds convoluted. Like I said, my translation abilities are limited.

In a nutshell, it says that a player is legal to play unless the Appeals Commitee of EPO revokes his registration. Any claims by other teams that a player participated illegally because their transfer was illegal must be rejected unless the claimant can prove that the team or the player used malicious intent to get the registration.

akoustike oti o panionios tha ekane enstasi epeidi agonistike o Galleti me ton panionio.. logika afou akirothike to paixnidi me tin kalamaria tote o galetti den eprepe na paiksei me ton panionio...

H PAE PANIONIOS omos eipe oti den tha kanei tipota... :tdown:

Guest TheLegend

There is a rule form super league that proves galleti is allowed to play since Olympiacos was not at fault for the suspension of the game

There is a rule form super league that proves galleti is allowed to play since Olympiacos was not at fault for the suspension of the game

yeap.. i just heard it on Athlitiki Kiriaki

THANK you very much cyber. excellent job with the posts.. i think olympiakos are paying off apollon kalamarias.. to keep quiet. thats what money does.

why do you think kalamarias hasnt taken any action?

i think olympiakos also paid panionios not to take action..

please note this is only a conspiracy that i would like to share with you all ;)

THANK you very much cyber. excellent job with the posts.. i think olympiakos are paying off apollon kalamarias.. to keep quiet. thats what money does.

why do you think kalamarias hasnt taken any action?

i think olympiakos also paid panionios not to take action..

please note this is only a conspiracy that i would like to share with you all ;)

Guest TheLegend

Levendi on your conspiracy theory I can only say one thing. Do your research :)

As for the Galletti incident, he played legally. The EPO rules state that if a player serves a suspension on a game that was cancelled he will have to be suspended for the next game ONLY if his team is the one to blame for the game cancellation. Olympiakos wasn't found at fault for the game cancellation, it was Kalmarias fault so Galletti is in the clear.

Athinaois the reason it isnt Olympiacos' FAULT the game was suspended was because they didnt feild the illegal player. They appealed it... That doesnt make it their fault that the whole thing happened. The guilty party is A.K. Hence why this rule allows galleti to play. Even FastGreek heard this rule. Now whether the rules suck for AK in this situation or for Panionios doesnt mean that the league is corrupt. It means Olympiacos was in a favorable position with the rules and AK was not.

Levendi: you are welcome.

Crazy: sorry about opening the other topic, you are right.

Regarding the Panionios appeal, it's all for good fun. No one here really believes that a game should be forfeited because Galleti may not have been eligible.

Technically Panionios could appeal, and given the thickness of the judges they might get a creative solution too.

But in this forum everyone thinks the games are played on the pitch. This topic really deals with the Olympiakos appeal.

According to the Press both teams (Kalamaria & Olympiakos) intent to appeal against the decision of the Eforeftiki Epitropi.Its going to be long championship this season it seams since if the case goes till CAS then a complete solution can come at June as far as i have read. This would mean that SL wouldnt have a champion and the Play offs couldnt happen either if the difference between the first and the second would be so low that the possitions could change in case Olympiakos gets the points or not.

This is pathetic. The case should have been stopped immediately, but this is one of the major flaws of the Greek justice system, sports and criminal justice that is.

The first court is always quick to make a decision knowing full well that really the only opinion that matters is the one of the appeals court. No matter what they decide one of the parties will appeal and so they just glance over the cases and push them upwards. It's pathetic, but this is how it works.

Besides article 37 of KAP that exonerates Wallner and Kalamaria, I suspect the judges in their written explanation today will claim there is not precedent and that's why the invented the "repeat the game" decision.

But if you look no further than article 38 you will see that it says:

"

Olympiakos has appealed the decision of the Eforeftiki Epitropi tis Superleague.

This first means now that the case goes definitely to EPO courts. I believe Kalamaria will appeal aswell. I wonder how EPO will react. This cause if they give right to Olympiakos then they confess having done mistake by giving the blue card to Kalamaria for the player. Theyll probably try to move the weight of decision to FIFa itself.

This is pathetic. The case should have been stopped immediately, but this is one of the major flaws of the Greek justice system, sports and criminal justice that is.

The first court is always quick to make a decision knowing full well that really the only opinion that matters is the one of the appeals court. No matter what they decide one of the parties will appeal and so they just glance over the cases and push them upwards. It's pathetic, but this is how it works.

Besides article 37 of KAP that exonerates Wallner and Kalamaria, I suspect the judges in their written explanation today will claim there is not precedent and that's why the invented the "repeat the game" decision.

"

Olympiakos has appealed the decision of the Eforeftiki Epitropi tis Superleague.

This first means now that the case goes definitely to EPO courts. I believe Kalamaria will appeal aswell. I wonder how EPO will react. This cause if they give right to Olympiakos then they confess having done mistake by giving the blue card to Kalamaria for the player. Theyll probably try to move the weight of decision to FIFa itself.

Sorry Tsoglani but can you give me any link for that?(Oly new appeal on the decision).I have checked 4-5 websites and all they are saying is that both teams are expecting the full report first,explaining the reasons that lead to this decision before they take any furher action.

PS.Cyberfish,no problem man,dont sweat it.No biggie deal.

"

Archived