Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

wow, what a great decision they came up with!!!

Now oly will 90% win the re-match and move top of the table because of this BS!!!

Man Greece is a Brothel in just about all aspects of life!! (e.g Hospital system, Greek soccer and so on) Greed Greed and More Greed rules this country..

"money talks and Bullshit walks"

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if things were not surreal enough, I heard on Erasport that there is no way for Kalamaria to appeal the decision because they missed the deadline.

They didn't really miss it, it's just,... that.... well, I am not sure how to say this..., the decision was announced after the appeals deadline. SAY WHAT?????????????

My best friend in Greece works for the Efeteio Athinon (the appeals court), the one where decisions land people in jail and can ruin lives.

We've had many conversations on several cases and processes, and many times things just don't make sense to me. A couple of months ago I asked innocently what can someone do to find justice when things are so screwed up. His answer?

"Filaraki, einai na mh mple3eis ekei mesa. Ama emple3es, ga----ta" (pardon his French)....

This whole issue for Greek football has been a complete farce.

In saying that, and without being privvy to all the regulations and

codes regarding player eligibility, I'd like to put forward the following:

(i) When do teams officially release their starting 11's and bench for games

(ie, is it 1 hr before kickoff, 1/2 hr ?)

(ii) Are both teams responsible to ensure that the squads on the pitch are

fully registered or is it the officials (aka refs) job ?

(iii) On match day, are there registration cards/papers that each team can

check one by one.

(iv) If point (iii) is true, wasn't it EPO who issued such card/paper and gave the

green light for the player ?

(v) If point (iii) is true, then why didn't Oly make a protest prior to the

start of the game about Walner and wait till they lost before making that request ?

(vi) I was surprised how quick Oly put in the protest so soon after the match.

It's as if they knew the player was 'suss' but only made it public because of the bad result.

Had the arouraioi won, would we have heard anything about it ?

Bravo Kokkali, ksereis na pareis deuterh boukia to kerasi !!

As far as i read both teams can appeal this decision. Probably Oly will not do so since they've probably learned their lesson from their mistakes.I dont know if Kalamaria will do another appeal but i know that ;

AFTA EINE OI ELLINIKES m*****ES

They chose this decision since with that they have the lesser losses.

They now can state that Kalamaria can show the world that they won fair and square by just doing it again. But they know very well that this wont happen again.

The possitive for Kalamaria in this decision is that they wont loose more points than the match gives if they loose this game.

Guest TheLegend

Watch the player play again lol. I think this was an agreement between both teams. Kalamaria doesnt want to lose any points. Getting 0 is better than losing up to 8.

I just wrote a long thing on my blog about this and I am already really tired of the whole issue.

In a nutshell, the judges accepted that Wallner's participated while he was ineligible, and that Kalamaria is not really responsible since EPO issued the registration erroneously. The punishment for playing an ineligible player is forfeiting the game. But there is no provision for this case when the team is clearly not responsible. This is where the judges got creative! :o

The judges are probably happy with themselves because they did not punish Kalamaria by forfeiting the game, and for coming up with what they probably see as a creative solution to make everyone happy (the pathetic attitude we often see from Greek football officials and even referees on the pitch).

I will reiterate here why I thing the decision is unfair:

-----> Kalamaria is the loser here, because they have to replay a game they won on the pitch. The judge's decision implies they accept that Kalamaria did nothing wrong (otherwise they would forfeit the game).

-----> Olympiakos won a second chance to win what they lost on the pitch the first time.

-----> Replaying a game is really absurd for paperwork irregularities that Kalamaria had nothing to do with!

Let me say this again:

///////////////

Replaying a game is really absurd for paperwork irregularities that Kalamaria had nothing to do with!

///////////////

Why are fans not filling the Greek stadiums?? :whistle:

What can you say.....I mean honestly, who in this forum is genuinely surprise by this result.

This is not a SuperLeague but a Supergiftia. I think all teams should just forfeit their games against OLY as a sign of protest. That will get UEFA and FIFA's attention to this scandalous league.

If i was an OLY supporter or player I would publicly denounce this decision.

m*****es OlypiaCos the bastardizers of the prothlima

i

It is actually OLYMPIAKOS and not olypiacos....and what it means bastardizers??is that actually a word??? :blink:
they asked to be called olympiaCos by the English media --- I mock them like I mock them today, win another 15 titles in a row, who cares the league's credibility is rubbish

I will have a hard time rooting for them in the CL - if wins are going to put $ in the pockets of the xeftelas that run this team/league

re bastardizers - you get the point

bastarizers and whorers - 2 made up words just for olympiaCos and the mongrels that run the league

Superleague was formed to clean up the mess that was called A Ethniki...

Demis Nikolaidis said last week, that he himself feels like he is letting fans down, being one of the forming members of the Superleague!

This decision is a slap in the face of fans that pay to watch the Super...league.

If PAO would have been involved in such a travesty, I would be embarrassed.

osfp has shown once more, who they really are. :tdown:

I feel sorry for their few decent fans. :ph34r:

PEACE

The people that came with this decision must be decendets of SOLOMONTA,their is no other normal explenation.OSFP is 50% happy because they can replay the game but 50% unhappy because they did not just get the points.Kalamaria is 50% happy because they did not had -8 points getting out of them but 50%unhappy because they lost the already FAIRLY won 3 points.(Katsavakis,kalamarias coach said it best:Now every time we lose a game i will use the player at the end so we can repeat the game. :LOL: :LOL: ).The rest of the teams involved are 50% happy that Kalamaria did not get the 3 points from their win against Osfp but 50% unhappy because kalamaria did not get punished by losing points.

Solomontia solution.....

Just because EPO did not update and put into effect the already applied new rules by UEFA.

I really want to see what the next move from either side would be....who if any will do anything about it....that will show me if this decision was a litle cookoff by everyone involved or just a last second solution...

PS.Just so we are clear in here,i dont agree/aprove my teams move of an appeal and the creation of this horrible story....... :nono: :nono:

If it was up to me i would have noted this irregularity and attacked EPO straight up..everything else is just a bad JOKE. <_<

wow, what a great decision they came up with!!!

Now oly will 90% win the re-match and move top of the table

Can u imagine if they went to all this trouble and then end up losing the game again? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree with you my friend. If there's an unfair advantage it should be looked into. Other than that, the games should be won & lost by the efforts on the field. Not determined behind closed doors or by the refs.

Honestly, if this were for my team (say when we lost to Asteras in Tripoli) I'd say PAO should not replay the game..... unless Asteras had 12 men on the field :LOL:

Guest TheLegend

There was an illegal player on the feild doesnt matter if its "immoral" or what not. Illegal player on the feild, thats the bottom line. Doesnt matter if he had an impact.

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/news/read...=20080209101028

According to FIFA regulations, a footballer is not allowed to play for more than two different clubs the same season.

However, Apollon argue that the rule only applies to the number of clubs that a player can transfer between and that loan appearances do not count. They also claim that the Greek Football Federation (EPO) approved the transfer.

Wallner started the season at Scottish side Falkirk and spent a short spell on loan at Hamilton before joining Apollon on a free transfer during the January transfer window.

"We accept the objection. The participation of Roman Wallner in the Apollon Kalamarias v Olympiacos game was against the regulations. The result of the game will be nullified and the match should be replayed," read the verdict.

The decision, which came after more than 24 hours of deliberation, left many questions unanswered, while much of the national media accuse the committee of trying to protect Olympiacos based on alot of past incidents of favourable treatment both on and off the pitch.

According to the Super League regulations, if the player was ineligible a point should be deducted from the guilty side and the three points for a win should be awarded to the opposing club.

During the game last Sunday, Olympiacos had only one chance - a header by veteran striker Darko Kovacevic - in the whole 95 minutes played. Apollon picked up the victory thanks to a late headed goal by Giorgos Barkoglou

Guest TheLegend

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/news/read...=20080209101028

According to FIFA regulations, a footballer is not allowed to play for more than two different clubs the same season.

However, Apollon argue that the rule only applies to the number of clubs that a player can transfer between and that loan appearances do not count. They also claim that the Greek Football Federation (EPO) approved the transfer.

Wallner started the season at Scottish side Falkirk and spent a short spell on loan at Hamilton before joining Apollon on a free transfer during the January transfer window.

"We accept the objection. The participation of Roman Wallner in the Apollon Kalamarias v Olympiacos game was against the regulations. The result of the game will be nullified and the match should be replayed," read the verdict.

The decision, which came after more than 24 hours of deliberation, left many questions unanswered, while much of the national media accuse the committee of trying to protect Olympiacos based on alot of past incidents of favourable treatment both on and off the pitch.

According to the Super League regulations, if the player was ineligible a point should be deducted from the guilty side and the three points for a win should be awarded to the opposing club.

During the game last Sunday, Olympiacos had only one chance - a header by veteran striker Darko Kovacevic - in the whole 95 minutes played. Apollon picked up the victory thanks to a late headed goal by Giorgos Barkoglou

Um, it doesnt matter who scored, who had chances, and what minute. Normally...like you just said... Kalamaria shouldnt have any points from that game and lose 1 and olympiacos should game 3..but its a replay...

Illegal player is an illegal player... doesnt matter if he scored or did nothing the whole game...

If you are part of a group robbing a bank but you dont do anything but just follow them dont you get in trouble too.... yes....

^^^^^

I'd really like to know how "dense" you really are?

There is very little doubt that the player is ineligible.

There is, however, doubt as to where culpability should lie.

The fact is, EPO issued the deltio, not Kalamaria. AFTER Kalamaria took all necessary precautions by asking BOTH EPO and UEFA if the players as eligible.

In other words, Kalamaria undertook its due diligence, even if it was not THEIR responsibility to determine if the player was eligible.

EPO, not Kalamaria, is the responsible party.

To now penalize Kalamaria by deducting the points and having them replay the match is PATENTLY ABSURD, as nothing in the EPO regulations provides for such a remedy.

Either Olympiakos is awarded the three points while simultaneously deducting those same points from Apollon and assessing an additional -1 to Kalamaria, or the appeal is denied and the result stands. THERE IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE, PER EPO'S OWN RULES.

The fact that they have fashioned their own remedy out of thin air, ostensibly for their own malfeasance, is MIND BOBBLING and an insult to any sane persons intelligence.

As if things were not surreal enough, I heard on Erasport that there is no way for Kalamaria to appeal the decision because they missed the deadline.

They didn't really miss it, it's just,... that.... well, I am not sure how to say this..., the decision was announced after the appeals deadline. SAY WHAT?????????????

My best friend in Greece works for the Efeteio Athinon (the appeals court), the one where decisions land people in jail and can ruin lives.

We've had many conversations on several cases and processes, and many times things just don't make sense to me. A couple of months ago I asked innocently what can someone do to find justice when things are so screwed up. His answer?

"Filaraki, einai na mh mple3eis ekei mesa. Ama emple3es, ga----ta" (pardon his French)....

I highly doubt Kalamaria is estopped from appealing the decision as there was no decision for them to appeal until after the deadline. In these cases, there is usally a "safety valve" type clause that allows for such appeals when the necessity for appeal wasn't known until AFTER the deadline.

Otherwise, I would be taking EPO to court if I were Kalamaria.

I highly doubt Kalamaria is estopped from appealing the decision as there was no decision for them to appeal until after the deadline. In these cases, there is usally a "safety valve" type clause that allows for such appeals when the necessity for appeal wasn't known until AFTER the deadline.

Otherwise, I would be taking EPO to court if I were Kalamaria.

I think you are right. I relayed the info as I was listening to it on the radio, and apparently it was wrong. I am still not sure, but everyone now seems to think that Kalamaria will appeal the verdict.

But then again, the case looked pretty straight forward before we got here ...

Like my friend said "filaraki, einai na mh mple3eis..."

Archived