Phantis Forums

Giannakis new OSFP coach?

Crazy

Does that mean he could coach greece too?

I believe that coaching Greece would not be a big problem.Getting rid of Gerson and the money that he will propably ask might...

if he does he will wait till after the Olympics though right?

about time for a change with the Ethniki, as for Giannakis to OSFP.....well PAO was never gonna take him, and OSFP is the only team that can come close but still, a PAO player going to OSFP :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

He should have gone to Spain...

Guest TheLegend

konstantinou? Nikopolidis?

idk about the bball team but the soccer team PAO treats their players like crapjust throw them around and sell them for anything they can get.

look at 2004

konstantinou? Nikopolidis?

idk about the bball team but the soccer team PAO treats their players like crapjust throw them around and sell them for anything they can get.

look at 2004

the kotes antoni and mixalaki have nothing to do with this....

Giannakis has been out of PAO for a long time, but still, just doesnt seem right. And its not like he would have ever gotten to coach PAO as a head coach (and Im glad)

I personally thought he was not that good a player or coach, his acheivements always overshadowed his failures, personally I though OSFP was best under Gershon...I just dont like seeing a former big PAO player coach OSFP....

Is he not going to the Olympics if hes taking the job??

paxiotis7: Giannakis is far from the best coach in the world. Hes definitly, the most overated coach in the world, just as he was the most overated player in Greece. Aside from what he did with Maroussi and MundoBaskett, everything else has not been too impressive...the last Euro Greece was awful, way below there standard and couldnt findthemsleves....the last Olympics was an awful performance on our home ground by giannakis we didnt even get a medal or compete for one (and yes, our team has a LOT of strength and was perfectly capable, and we are even more so now).....the as for the Euro we won...well that was by far the easiest Euro in recent history, the fact that we didnt have to go through Spain, Serbia, Italy, Croatia and we barely scraped by France says it all lets be honest...we deserved it, but the tournament was just so weak that year...

and lets get serious the best coach in the world is Obradovic.... :nw:

Right now,at this moment Olympiakos had to find someone to replace Gerson.The team has talent and potential but Gerson was already thinking his next job for the Bulgarian NT so he had to go.Giannakis is not a bad choice since pretty much the only thing we need is someone to revise our defence mentality since we have players that can score or penetrate or hit the 3s.What we are lucking is some better defensive philoshophie since,lets be honest,we did not have one.I believe that he is a good choice at THIS MOMENT and he will help Olympiakos show a better face.

PS.One of the best coaches in the world is Obradovic but not THE BEST.Drakos13 lets not all be Crazy,i have the name. :P :D

he won his debut against Aris 72-70..

Gershon going to Bulgaria NT????

what the hell ? thats a giant step down from coaching OSFP...Bulgaria? are you sure you dont mean Serbia or Croatia some country that is at least known internationally in basket (no offense to Bulgaria)......

but does anybody know what will become of Giannakis with the Ethniki for the Olympics this summer (if we qualify of course)

what a game agasnt aris too!

I bet we wouldnt have won it without him! :tup:

BTW i think giannakis is a great coach. Perhaps your right.. not the best in the world hands down like i said, but i was a litle excited and I think hes really good

Archived