Phantis Forums

Cyprus - Italy

DUDE

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, we may have to take a loss here. Italy's just too strong, I mean Gigi Buffon can steal games by himself. Maybe a draw. But maybe we have a shot, this is the best NT that has ever represented Cyprus! PAME KYPRO!

• 5 months later...

I do not beleive Cyprus has a chance to beat Italy.......sorry, Italy may have done

" bad " in the Euro, but the team has such a strong defense and Buffon, plus I dont really see Pirlo, Toni etc being stopped by Cyprus.....

But teams like Belarus and Georgia in the past have give Italy shocks and scares, maybe the islanders can do it......But new coach, new attitude for Italy... Molto Dyskolo !

I kinda said that earlier. Though the GSP has been an enigma for certain powerhouses. We're looking for 2nd, just behind the azzurri

But teams like Belarus and Georgia in the past have give Italy shocks and scares

So have Cyprus! ;)

Cyprus 4-1 Italy

Konstantinou 10', Christou 45', Garpozis 52', Okkaridis 77', Luca Toni 89'.

Germany wales Ireland could not beat us at the gsp

now that the national team is playing at the ten thousand seat antonis papadopoulos good luck!! Cyprus with there quartet of konstantinou okkas makrides and aloneftis and add in christofi u can bank Italy will eat some goals!

Guest TheLegend

Germany wales Ireland could not beat us at the gsp

now that the national team is playing at the ten thousand seat antonis papadopoulos good luck!! Cyprus with there quartet of konstantinou okkas makrides and aloneftis and add in christofi u can bank Italy will eat some goals!

despite how bad i think italy is i dont think cyprus can beat them. I think italy is bad in the fact that they didnt deserve the WC in 2006 and didnt deserve to qualify but i still consider them in the middle of the top 15 teams in the world around where greece is ranked right now. I hope cyprus could beat them and im cheering for that but im 99% sure cyprus will lose 3-1

So have Cyprus! ;)

Cyprus 4-1 Italy

:LOL:

Cyprus is going to take a 4-0 lead on Italy? Youre aware that Euro champs Spain could not make more than a decent chance on them?

I think you just mean wishful thinking, and not actual prediction.

Its going to be an Italy looking to take 3 points, as well as start fresh as they have Lippi back....I hope Cyprus gets a result, but I expect a 2-0 Italy if not more.

I dont see Cyprus getting a goal, let alone FOUR...come on you guys could hardly play with GREECE :blink:

ATe re Drakos with Greece we were missing 5 starters ALoneftis Okkas Satsias Haralambous Marangos not to mention Cyprus was in the midsts of there summer holidays you actually think they played that game i dont know what game you were watching they were only there to help the mother country in there preperations.. In Larnaca i guarantee a goal if not my friend you will be the master of all football talk!!!!!

• 1 month later...

So have Cyprus!  ;)

Cyprus 4-1 Italy

:LOL:

Cyprus is going to take a 4-0 lead on Italy? Youre aware that Euro champs Spain could not make more than a decent chance on them?

I think you just mean wishful thinking, and not actual prediction.

Its going to be an Italy looking to take 3 points, as well as start fresh as they have Lippi back....I hope Cyprus gets a result, but I expect a 2-0 Italy if not more.

I dont see Cyprus getting a goal, let alone FOUR...come on you guys could hardly play with GREECE :blink:

Re, aren't you aware that this was a joke?

Ti na sou pw re?

My honest prediction is that Italy will win 0-2.

Word on the street is this match is to be played in Larnaca now

:blink: Where? And Why?

I'm all for moving it away from Nicosia... I can't stand watching the s%$#! atmosphere's at Cyprus' games. But the logical step is to move it to Limassol. They always create a great atmosphere.

Del Piero is doubtful for the azzurri. Not that this will help Kypro too much, but emotionally for me, Del Piero is one of my favorite players, and therefore I don't have to see him kill my country.

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has warned his players not to be complacent ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Cyprus on Saturday.

This weekend's Group Eight clash is Lippi´s first competitive game since replacing Roberto Donadoni following the Euro 2008 disappointment.

Lippi, who led the Azzurri to World Cup glory in Germany two years ago, knows his team must bounce back from their poor display in Austria and Switzerland with a win in Larnaca.

'The time for words ends now,' said Lippi. 'The only thing that counts is facts.

'We want three points and we know that our defence of the world title also begins here in Cyprus.

'We will not make a mistake of underestimating our opponents, because it would mean that we haven't understood anything.'

Lippi is expected to field his strongest side against the Cypriots but refused to give anything away.

'I need to announce the list first to my players,' he added.

'One thing is certain, we want to use all of our available weapons.'

The good news for Lippi is that Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero passed a late fitness test and is likely to be available for Saturday´s showdown.

'He trained separately from the group today and we will evaluate his condition tomorrow,' said Lippi in Friday.

'He could be ready for the game against Cyprus.'

Captain Fabio Cannavaro will return to guide the Azzurri on the pitch having fully recovered from an ankle injury that prevented him from representing the Azzurri this summer.

Lippi´s only dilemma is who will play alongside Luca Toni in attack.

Should Del Piero not recover, Antonio Di Natale is likely to edge Fiorentina´s Alberto Gilardino and partner Toni.

The Bayern Munich forward is eager to deliver after he failed to score at Euro 2008, despite an impressive debut season in the Bundesliga.

The Azzurri were eliminated by Spain on penalties in the quarter-finals.

'After the Euros, I went to the coast on holiday in the hope of not seeing anyone,' said Toni, who has struck 15 goals for the Azzurri.

'It caused me the most bitterness of my career even though bad luck played a part in it.'

Underdogs Cyprus know they face a huge task if they wish to upset the world champions.

'We face strong and famous opposition,' said Cyprus captain Ioannis Okkas.

'We know their strengths but our national team has made a leap forward in recent years.'

Cyprus' Greek coach Angelos Anastasiades has not ruled out his team´s chances at the Antonis Papadopoulos Stadium and believes his side will do their island proud.

'I've got faith in my players,' he said. 'I'm optimistic because of the players I have in the national team and the determination and passion that they possess.

'Naturally our aim is to win the game, the issue is how do we achieve this target.'

Archived