Phantis Forums

All-Europe - only players, who played in Europe in 2007 (both domestic and imports). There were in total 59 players, who received votes in this category

Eurobasket.com All-Europe 1st Team

Diamantidis

Papaloukas

Smodis

Siskauskas

Scola

Eurobasket.com All-Europe Player of the Year:

Dimitris Diamantidis (196-G-80) of Panathinaikos Athens (GRE), Greek

Eurobasket.com All-Europe 1st Team:

Dimitris Diamantidis (196-G-80) of Panathinaikos Athens (GRE), Greek

Theodoros Papaloukas (200-G-77) of CSKA Moscow (RUS), Greek

Matjaz Smodis (205-F-79) of CSKA Moscow (RUS), Slovenian

Ramunas Siskauskas (197-G-78) of CSKA Moscow (RUS), Lithuanian

Luis Scola (206-F/C-80) of Tau Ceramica Vitoria (ESP) / Houston Rockets (USA)

Eurobasket.com All-Europe 2nd Team 2007

Michael Batiste (203-F-77) of Panathinaikos Athens (GRE), USA

Nikola Vujcic (211-C-78) of Maccabi Elite Tel-Aviv (ISR), Croatian

Juan Carlos Navarro (192-G-80) of F.C. Barcelona (ESP) / Mem

• 7 years later...

So Real Madrid beat Olympiakos 78-59 in the final. I think they could have and should have won it the last two finals, but the difference this year is now they are a though defensive team. They've had a really stacked roster for a while, but guys like Nocioni, Manciulis and Ayyon were good additions.

Spanoulis should take the blame for Oly's loss, only 3 points and more turnovers than assists, I saw the Spanoulis I like to remember today. Most of their other key players like Logeski, Pritezis, Sloukas and Hunter played well, but it was clear Real had set up mainly to stop Spanoulis. The coach left Spanoulis on the court for 30+ minutes despite the fact that he was hurting his team, in the hope that Spanoulis would turn into the Greek Michael Jordan and hit some clutch shots at the end like he did in the semi vs CSKA.

I'm happy to see Bourousis finally win a Euroleague title and celebrating with the Greek flag and his family, great player totally deserved it over his career. Just a shame Real have only been giving him a few minutes recently, I hope he moves to a team where he can have a bigger role next season. Mancuilis is another one who seems like a nice guy and has been around for a while, he loves beating Oly too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...