Phantis Forums

January 2008 Transfer Period

Ziaka

Yesterday PAE PAOK released Ifeani Udese from his contract, which was to expire in June of 2009. PAOK will pay him a sum of 60,000 Euro in order to break the contract.

In the rumor department, PAOK is very close to signing a defensive midfielder frm Portugal or Brazil.

Tsirilo will be o.k but just that. Undeze was a big mistake by Zagorakis what was he thinking. I would like us not to sign any players in Jan and get rid of a few. This season is already over for us why sign more savoura players just to get us to the end of the season !!

Not too excited about Cirrilo. For him to play Santos will have to sit out either Knol or Melissis, and in my opinion both those players are preforming well this season. We have bigger problems on the right and left side of the defense, and even more problems in midfield. Rumors say that he is coming for 1.5 years for 450K Euro.

Zisis Vryzas will play his last game on January 6th against Larisa. Following this game he will retire from soccer as a player. On January 10th he will officialy become the General Manager of PAE PAOK.

In other news, Bruno Citilo is very close to sign a deal with PAOK for 1.5 years. If everything works out between the two parties, a contract will be signed this week.

From what I remember Cirillo had a clause in his AEK contract that will force him to pay AEK 1 million euro if he goes to another Greek team. Along those lines I heard yesterday that AEK suggested taking Christodoulopoulos in lieu of the 1 million. Has anyone else heard the same thing?

Those are just rumors by AEK friendly newspapers. If AEK wants Christodoulopoulos, he can be had for 4 million Euro. That's his clause in the contract.

As for the Cirillo clause, from what I heard it is only if he goes to Olympiakos or Panathinaikos.

From what I remember Cirillo had a clause in his AEK contract that will force him to pay AEK 1 million euro if he goes to another Greek team. Along those lines I heard yesterday that AEK suggested taking Christodoulopoulos in lieu of the 1 million. Has anyone else heard the same thing?

If you want Christodoulopoulos pay the price ($4M) and stop looking for bargains.

What's a matter, have all the big teams forget how to develop players, while trying to buy champioships?

Now that the Cirilo deal fell through, PAOK is looking to complete the Masmanidis transfer from Arminia Bielefeld.

There s also a wild rumor out there that PAOK will try to get Katsouranis on loan for the rest of the season, but I think it's just media BS.

Looks like Riccardo Mathias Veron will be our first winter transfer. The 27-year old defensive midfielder will come to PAOK on loan from Sienna in Italy. He is expected in Thessaloniki tommorrow to sign a 6-month contract with a purchase option in the summer.

Rumors are that 2 additional transfers will be announced by Thursday, when Zagorakis is expected to give a press conference.

Ricardo Mathias Veron has been officialy announced by PAE PAOK. He comes to PAOK in the form of a 6-month loan, with PAOK paying approximately 70,000 Euro for his six months. There is an buyout option after the loan and the price for the player is around 300,000 Euro.

Hussein Moumin has been loaned to Panserraikos for the rest of the season.

Giannis Masmanidis has signed a deal with PAOK for 3 season starting from next season, since he has contract with Bielefeld until June 2008.

PAOK is checking out several players (Serbian, Togolesian, Ghanian, and Georgian) and they may be signed by the end of the transfer period if Santos approves of them.

Good move to send Moumin on loan to Panserraikos he is not ready to play frist team at PAOK, lets hope he can come back better next season.

Am glad that we also got Masamanidis hope he can slot a few goals next season.

Also looks like we are going to sing Chilean striker Diego De Grigorio, who said in a statement "Greece is a nice country with beutifull women". Well at least he has he head screwed on the right way.

Our next transfer will the 30 year old Serbian defensman Goran Gavrancic. He will come to PAOK on 6-month loan basis from Dinamo Kiev with option to buy him after this season. He is expected to come to Thessaloniki tommorrow to sign the deal.

conceicao used to be a great winger..hes getting older but i think he will definitly help PAOK...as long as he doesnt have disciplinary problems...at standard liege around 2 yrs ago, he was suspended for 3 years after spitting on a player and attacking a referee...

Archived