Phantis Forums

Panionios - Galatasaray

Irlandos

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was under the impression that Galatasary are starting to find their feet again?

nope mate, they are not getting better, we as fans have waited so long to see them play as impressive as they used to play in past. it just doesn't happen anymore and players keep letting us down. we need magic.

uefa thinks that banners that read: 'greece, 1922 gold medal in swimming', is a tribute to former greek olympian swimmers by the turkish people. yes...that fits into uefa's neat, tidy image of it's world.

wat does it mean?

Both matches underway, 6' in. I'm excited about these. Aris at home should collect all 3 pts, and Panionios in Vienna I'm confident about.

Go boys!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys, just realized I'm in the old thread. See ya in Panionios-Wien thread.

for the very first time I can remember in any European competitions, a referee blunder has worked for us! First goal was at least 2,5 - 3 metres offside, no penalty in the second goal as Calik slipped on the ball and red card was officially right, though psychologically wrong.

despite this loss Panionios still has the chance to cut the cord themselves, with a win over aimless Bordeaux at home who guaranteed top spot in the group.

and to be fair, excluing the first half of the Bordeaux game where we should have scored at least three goals, we didn't deserve to qualify from this easy peasy group!

for the very first time I can remember in any European competitions, a referee blunder has worked for us! First goal was at least 2,5 - 3 metres offside, no penalty in the second goal as Calik slipped on the ball and red card was officially right, though psychologically wrong.

despite this loss Panionios still has the chance to cut the cord themselves, with a win over aimless Bordeaux at home who guaranteed top spot in the group.

and to be fair, excluing the first half of the Bordeaux game where we should have scored at least three goals, we didn't deserve to qualify from this easy peasy group!

Bordeux are playing some great stuff at the moment and I can't see them losing. I think the game will be a draw, Galatasary will win and qualify.

Bordeux are playing some great stuff at the moment and I can't see them losing. I think the game will be a draw, Galatasary will win and qualify.
Bordeaux has clinched the berth for the next round and also have won the group even before the Pano game. If Bordeaux's reserves don't go out crazy to show their skills, it's a win for the must-win team.

I think we need a separate subject on the matter of officiating and UEFA.

The PGS - GS game is over and though there was poor officiating - in everyone's opinion - this thread needs to come to a close.

Btw, that banner was raised 2-3 years ago, if I'm not mistaken and the events surrounding the Leeds' supporters deaths - sports-related or not - certainly are not relevant here.

Archived